• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2ItemDisplay (1 Viewer)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
MQ2ItemDisplay - This plugin allows you to add extra information to the item info windows.

Commands
HTML:
/inote<add|del> <item#> "Comment" Add/delete a note to a specific item number. This information will be displayed within the item info window, under all the other information.

TLO
* item DisplayItem - This references the last item display window that was opened

INI File
All the /inote information is stored in the MQ2ItemDisplay.ini file in the following format:

Rich (BB code):
[Notes]
0019542=This is found on the Great Saprophyte in EC<br>Rarity is about 1 in 5

HTML:
The </br> tag can be used to insert a line break.
Sometimes it is easier to edit the file itself rather than type the whole string from within the game (also makes copying and pasting easier).
The INI file is re-read every time the item display window is opened, so changes take effect immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting weird issues with item display. When I right click something in my bag I get all the additional information, item id, value tribute value etc etc. Right clicking from the bazaar search window I don't get any additional information for 90% of the items, but some I still get everything.

Oddly enough, I can take the bazaar item display window, and link it into a chat channel and the information is properly displayed there.

The item display from the bazaar changed with Rof. It no longer sends the merchant/plat value info with the item. so that is probably what you are not seeing.

Very strange that some items give the information while others don't.

Does mq2itemdisplay cache information? If I goto the vendor and inspect the item the information will then showup right clicking from the bazaar search window.

Kind of a bummer, I had just gotten the tribute searching macro functioning again. Was a bit puzzled at the lack of hits it was finding.

lol there were like 6 updates last week so it was not too hard to miss one. i was confused at times.

I have set up my MQ2ItemDisplay.ini after the changes to merge in the MQ2GearScore functionality. I am trying to use it with two characters on the same account. The first character I set it up for works fine. The second character that I set it up for crashes when I try to inspect an item.

They are both tanks, and both are using the same ini settings below.

Rich (BB code):
[Tank2]
Report=/bc
ClickGroup=1
ClickGuild=0
ClickRaid=0
ClickAny=0
AC=20.00
HP=1.00
HPReg=1.00
Mana=1.00
ManaReg=1.00
hSTR=1.00
hSTA=14.00
hAGI=12.00
hDEX=12.00
hINT=1.00
hWIS=1.00
hCHR=1.00
Heal=1.00
Nuke=1.00
Clrv=1.00
Attack=3.00
Accuracy=1.00
CE=5.00
StrikeThrough=5.00
Avoidance=10.00
Shielding=10.00
DoTShielding=10.00
SpellShield=10.00
Stun=5.00
DS=1.00
Haste=1.00
Ratio=1000.00

When I use the /iscore commands in game everything works fine on both characters.

I attached a debugger, and the crash that occurs gives the following in the output window

Rich (BB code):
First-chance exception at 0x65C82810 (MQ2ItemDisplay.dll) in eqgame.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.
Unhandled exception at 0x65C82810 (MQ2ItemDisplay.dll) in eqgame.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know what might be going on? Thanks in advance.

-- Edit --

The problem was showing up because my bank on that character was empty. By putting an item/bag in the bank, the crash behavior stopped. In case anybody else comes across a similar issue.

Last edited:
I've submitted a change that handles that recently, but in your case it's because the UI you're using (looks like Graphite) has the location of the Modified button in a poo location. Try it with my modified file for graphite
1554338687386.png

Attachments

• EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
    77.3 KB · Views: 18
An assumption was made that you are using graphite. I've modified a ton of stuff in graphite to try and get it up to date however I'm not done with it. Inventory window krono slot is in alt currency. It lacks a few other things such as the Train All button in AA's. But I'll include my full zip. Chat windows are not optional because as it stands the UI has all it's stuff defined in the chat window for some reason. I'm not a pro at UI elements at all, this has mostly been the cause of fiddling with stuff.

It's probably worth noting that the XTarget window starts from bottom and goes up. Not the typical start at top and go down.
1554399421673.png

Attachments

• Graphite.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
eq.png

I run at 3440 x 1440 so it is a little goofy. Most of the stuff works. Pet TOTT doesn't, Invert mouse doesn't. Maps seem to not work. I may just have to use yours lol..

I submitted a change to address some of those issues recently, not entirely certain about "Claim" because I don't have an item to claim. But below is what it looks like currently. Just waiting for it to go live.
1554484241551.png1554484275807.png

I'm interested in pre-populating MQ2ItemDisplay.ini with a note for each tradeskill item and which tradeskills can use it. However I can't find a public source for this type of data. Does anyone know of a website or service that provides a dump of EQ items with item ID and tradeskill usage?

No, but there are a couple of EQ traders scrapes around. alynel had one and ShinNoir had a more recent one.

Anyone have any useful .ini files for notes to share?
I made notes for items that are available from vendors in PoK listing what vendors sell them using EQ traders data.

Attachments

• MQ2ItemDisplay.ini
    178.9 KB · Views: 13
Are there corresponding screen names for the information added by this plugin and displayed in an ItemDisplayWnd? I'm thinking Window[ItemDisplayWindow].Child[<screen element name here>].Text. I've used /window IDW_ItemDescriptionTab and it only seems to provide what's defined in the xml. Specifically, I'm looking for the ID of an item

ItemDisplayID.png

Specific use case: I'm writing a macro to lookup items in inventory based on items not in inventory (could be anywhere, but I can get an item display). Since the name can be ambiguous, I want to use the item ID instead.

EDIT: Answering my own question. It appears all the data is appended to the existing element name IDW_Description and not present in separate fields. Thus, it became necessary to parse out the item ID. Here's the approach I took:

Item ID Parsing Code:
    /declare description string local
    /declare itemIdPos int local 0
    /declare itemIdLabel string local 'Item ID: '
    /varset itemIdLabel ${itemIdLabel.Replace["'",""]}
    /declare itemIdText string local
    /declare itemId int local

| -- Capture the entire description into a work field
    /varset description ${Window[ItemDisplayWindow].Child[IDW_ItemDescription].Text}
    | -- Calc the starting position of the item id info
    /varset itemIdPos ${Math.Calc[${description.Find[${itemIdLabel}]}-1]}
    | -- Take the remainder of the line after the item id label
    /varset itemIdText ${description.Right[${Math.Calc[${description.Length}-${itemIdPos}-${itemIdLabel.Length}]}]}
    | -- Remove the data after the item id
    /varset itemId ${itemIdText.Left[${Math.Calc[${itemIdText.Find[<br>]}-1]}]}

Last edited:
Redbot updated MQ2ItemDisplay with a new update entry:

plugin rewritten and fixed

• Deleted gearscore code from MQ2ItemDisplay. Use the standalone plugin instead.
  • itemdisplay: Remove compare window. Use the one that is built in!
  • /convertitem, /insertaug, /removeaug moved to main from ItemDisplay
  • ItemDisplay plugin has been rewritten with a focus on improving existing features:
    • Loot and Lucy buttons have been relocated nearby to an area that shouldn't overlap with existing controls
    • Spell and Item display information now updates correctly when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi I play on EMU rof2 server, is there a way to disable the lucy button?, as its custom content/items, its pretty useless for additional info
I see the LucyButton option in macroquest.ini under [ItemDisplay] but even setting to 0 (off) still displays it,

Thanks for any advice

Curious, are there any tools or resources out there for the item notes? For instance for TS items, I would love to see note like "350_Smithing" or "vendor". Similarly for collects, it would nice to see something like nos/firefall

I'm actually brainstorming an ItemSet Lua/plugin atm, and this would be a point I'd like to tie in to that.

Curious, are there any tools or resources out there for the item notes? For instance for TS items, I would love to see note like "350_Smithing" or "vendor". Similarly for collects, it would nice to see something like nos/firefall

I'm actually brainstorming an ItemSet Lua/plugin atm, and this would be a point I'd like to tie in to that.
What you mean like ItemDisplay's /inote command?

Plugin - MQ2ItemDisplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back