• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2CustomBinds (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,386¢
MQ2CustomBind - This plugin allows you to specify custom commands that are executed when specific key combinations are pressed. You may specify a command for when the key is pressed (down), and another for when it is released (up).

Commands:
/custombind list - Lists all your custom bind names and commands (the key combinations must be set using /bind)
/custombind add bindname - Add a new bind called bindname ready for use.
/custombind delete bindname - Remove the custom bind bindname.
/custombind clear name[-down|-up] - This will clear a specific command for a custom bind. If -up or -down is not specified it defaults to -down.
/custombind set bindname[-down|-up] - Will set a specific command for a custom bind. This too defaults to -down if not specified.

Example:
NOTE: MQ2's very first bind command is "RANGED" so you do not need to do this, it is just listed here as an example

/custombind add mybind
/custombind set mybind /ranged
/bind mybind n

Example of using down and up
/custombind add echotest
/custombind set echotest-down /echo n key is down!
/custombind set echotest-up /echo n key is up!
/bind echotest n

Wondering if anyone can think of a way to get something like this working

Currently this crashes
Rich (BB code):
name=mybind
down=/docommand ${If[${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Wizard]}, /call wizard, ${If[${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Warrior]},/call warrior, /g no more END Items]}]})
up=

Sub Wizard
  /say test
/return

Sub Warrior
  /say test
/return

However this works.
Rich (BB code):
name=mybind
down=/docommand ${If[${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Wizard]}, /say test, ${If[${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Warrior]},/say test, /g I am neither of those classes]}]})
up=

There is not a lot of info I can find on custombind, but I thought it was like a holyshit in needing to be single line stuff.

I would think adding a /call would mess with any macro you are running, thinking the call came from inside it and looking for the sub inside the macro.

Last edited:
Redbot updated MQ2CustomBinds with a new update entry:

MQ2CustomBinds Now defaults to INI file format for bind name/up/down information.

Via: https://gitlab.com/redguides/VeryVanilla/-/merge_requests/423

There was a change request made to update the CustomBinds plugin, to suppor the use of standard INI files as a replacement to TXT files it's used previously. It was also requested, that the udpate does a one time conversion from TXT to INI, resave to INI and mark the old TXT config file as safe to delete.

This commit delivers that change request.

The core functionality of the plugin has not been touched. Neither...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cool!
Is it possible to execute /multiline ; commands?

Yes.

If you see the original example posted earlier:
/custombind add echotest
/custombind set echotest-down /echo n key is down!
/custombind set echotest-up /echo n key is up!
/bind echotest n

I ran through that test, and pressing the N key, gives the first "down" message and then taking finger off the N key gives the "up" message.

Re-entering the down setting with:
/custombind set echotest-down /multiline ; /echo n key is down ; /beep

It did the expected. It output the echo to the MQ2 window, and the audible 'beep' was heard.

For reference, the ini file reads as:
[echotest]
down=/multiline ; /echo n key is down ; /beep
up=/echo n key is up!

Regards and Best Wishes

Plugin - MQ2CustomBinds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back