• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2ChatWnd (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
Is there a command to center your MQ2ChatWnd to your screen? I think I screwed up by copying my complete MQ2 folder from my desktop computer to my portable for my road trip. Now the MQ2ChatWnd is off the screen.

BTW, I have tried loading and unloading MQ2ChatWnd and MQ2chat in my combinations. I also tried changing locs in MQ2ChatWnd.ini but have not yet restarted computer/mq2 since that mod..

Center it on screen.

I did get it back by logging on new toon to this computer and creating info in MQ2ChatWnd.ini for this toon. Then I copied this info to the section on the ini for my toon.

It would be much easier in the future to just have a command to place MQ2ChatWnd back in the center (or default) position of screen.

I think if you type /w it will pop up. Has for me in the past at least. As for centering it, I just move it around like any other chat window.

Hope I answered your question hehe

Maybe I did not make the problem clear. I am sure that everything was working properly. It was just that the window was being drawn off the viewable area of the screen. Making it "appear/disappear" did not help because it was in a location I could not see it. I could not drag it to the center either because I could not see it. I need a way to move the window without actually seeing the window.

I did try /w and that is only /who command so does not even make MQ2ChatWnd come to the front.

I know it's the /who command, when using it in the past it would bring up that info in the mq2 window, which would then appear. Sorry I can't help any more than that.

np, just trying to make it clear to the next person with this problem that takes the time to do a search...hehe

thx for taking the time to respond

So if you type

del mq2chatwnd.ini

while in the game, it will delete the .ini file.

Will this work for any .ini file in MQ2 folder? Any file in MQ2 folder?

I just deleted the toons I am using right now out of the .ini. Later I will just replace the new coordinates from the two toons I am using with all the other toons.

MQ2ChatWnd - This plugin enables output of MacroQuest2 commands to the normal chat window. This plugin is part of the core MQ2 source code.

If you can't see the MQ2 Window, check your MacroQuest.ini and make sure you have mq2chatwnd=1 under [plugins]

You can also check MQ2ChatWnd.ini and make sure the window coordinates are in a viewable area. If you're not sure if the coordinates are in a vieweable area, then just delete MQ2ChatWnd.ini and have it be generated again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've notice that loading MQ2 clears my title, MQ2Chat orMQ2ChatWnd seems to be the cause of it. Is there any way i can make it that it would show my title w.e unloading these plugins ofc :D

MQ2ChatWnd - Enables output of MacroQuest2 commands to the normal chat window

This plugin enables output of MacroQuest2 commands to the normal chat window. This plugin is part of the core MQ2 source code.

If you can't see the MQ2 Window, check your MacroQuest.ini and make sure you have mq2chatwnd=1 under [plugins]

You can also check MQ2ChatWnd.ini and make sure the window coordinates are in a viewable area. If you're not sure if the coordinates are in a vieweable area, then just delete MQ2ChatWnd.ini and have it be...

Read more about this resource...

I like using the window, but the buffer is too darn small. Why is the chat window #define MAX_CHAT_SIZE 700 / OutputBox->MaxLines = 0x190? Can this be made configurable?

There is a history limit to prevent the game from displaying too many lines of history. Much the same way you lose chat when there are too many labels visible in the map, the same can happen from too much history in too many chat windows.

Chat window can seriously tank performance and/or crash if it goes too big. the limit is to prevent that.

alternatively, the console in mqnext supports up to 10,000 lines currently and supports things like drag/select

I just loaded new video drivers and everything on all of my game windows in micro vision ....meaning it was to little to read. I fixed that issue but now I have no MQ2 Window on my screen. How do I get it back?? Thanks in advance for the answer.

I just loaded new video drivers and everything on all of my game windows in micro vision ....meaning it was to little to read. I fixed that issue but now I have no MQ2 Window on my screen. How do I get it back?? Thanks in advance for the answer.
/plugin mq2chatwnd load
then
/mqchat reset

Last edited:
/plugin mq2chat load
then
/mqchat reset

MQ2Chat isn't the same as MQ2ChatWnd I realize this is likely a mistake so wanted to point it out for others.
if you don't have an MQ2ChatWnd window, you can ensure the plugin is loaded by doing /plugin mq2chatwnd load
if you're on next. CTRL+~ would get you the built in console window that is created with imgui.

the plugin MQ2Chat is the one that outputs to the EQ chat windows and users shouldn't get those confused with the ones that have their own window.

My video drivers were updated and it jacked up my windows in game. I fixed them but on most of the my toons ...the MQ2 Window is missing. How do I get it back. I tried closing everything out, rebooting, and then load everything over... to no avail. Any suggestions.

My video drivers were updated and it jacked up my windows in game. I fixed them but on most of the my toons ...the MQ2 Window is missing. How do I get it back. I tried closing everything out, rebooting, and then load everything over... to no avail. Any suggestions.
/plugin mq2chatwnd load

/mqchat reset

which is the same answer from your post this weekend :)

I just updated my video drivers and it jacked up all my EQ windows and I can't find the MQ2 Window on any of my toon's screens. How do I get it back???

I just updated my video drivers and it jacked up all my EQ windows and I can't find the MQ2 Window on any of my toon's screens. How do I get it back???
medic, this is the 3rd time you've posted this bud.

I have already apologized to SiC for my computer blindness or ignorance ...you choose the adjective ...however, I have done what was suggested and it worked perfectly and I really appreciate all of you on RedGuides more than you know. I hope that this will, in no way, make you think that I am total buffoon and just chalk it up to oldtimer's disease. I am 60 years young but I have been dealing with some major health issues for the last 4 - 5 months and it has taken it's tole on me mentally as well as physically. So, again, I appreciate you all reaching out to me even if I was not looking in the right place for the answer. You guys rock and thank you again for your help. Peace Out. :angel:

I have already apologized to SiC for my computer blindness or ignorance ...you choose the adjective ...however, I have done what was suggested and it worked perfectly and I really appreciate all of you on RedGuides more than you know. I hope that this will, in no way, make you think that I am total buffoon and just chalk it up to oldtimer's disease. I am 60 years young but I have been dealing with some major health issues for the last 4 - 5 months and it has taken it's tole on me mentally as well as physically. So, again, I appreciate you all reaching out to me even if I was not looking in the right place for the answer. You guys rock and thank you again for your help. Peace Out. :angel:
you're good medicman, glad you got your chatwnd back <3

I went through the source and grabbed all the commands and created a "Commands" tab at the top of this resource.

1638533784114.png

Can just click on "Commands" to get a list of commands and hopefully an explanation that helps you use them. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

when I press esc my mq2 chat window closes. not sure what i pressed but can anyone help me out so it does not close anymore

do you have "'Esc' to Close" selected when you right click on the frame?
if so, uncheck that if you don't want to "escape button to close the window"

1641171511198.png

Plugin - MQ2ChatWnd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back