• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looking for guidance on setup (1 Viewer)

pythag1

RedCents
25¢
Hi all
I am returning after a 2 year absence and after throwing my subscription up there realised I forgot everything I knew.
There use to be an idiots guide for using a compile - is it still out there? I have searched a while with no luck.

Many thanks

Lets start with questions then. What do you want to be able to do? Maybe we can steer you in the right direction. Jmo has a healthy list of commands/syntax for all the plugins on his compile thread.

firstly, quick and very basic how to set the compile (sure if will be obvious when I get to it) ie does it go in eq dir and such

secondly I would be correct in thinking the following - you label you files something.mac and in game run /mac something but sometimes have to load various plugins via /plugin xyz to make some work
And where do I place my .mac files

Thats it - just been so long and to be truthful its still early :)

thanks for the quick response

save and unpack them wherever you want.

with vista/win7 make sure you run mq as administrator

/mac blablabla.mac to use stuff

look at plugins as well. nighteyes got some really nice named spawn plugin

place mac files into mac folder :) get jmo's stuff. it's cool.

if you play UF, boomerang.mac is a must :)

plugins go /plugin blblabla

one nice plugin is piggyzone, check piggyzone.ini for locations

in game command to go to bazaar /zone bazaar

to get to bind point /gate

etc. I are 3 boxing and I'd rather give away my left testicle then piggyzone

Ahh cool, that gives me a starting point, not sure about all the plugins as I mainly use it for map features, simple healing and so i dont keep having to hit the combine button.

Thanks for info I can put it to work now

Ok all up and running last night - having a bard run around was fun.
One last question 2 boxing one pc with the ability to run two macro (1 per character), is wineq the way to go with this?

Thanks for that. Nice and simple can switch nice and easy, just struggling with the circle command - I keep running into rocks lol - I checked out all the commands but couldnt figure it out - when I type /circle on 60 it changes direction and causes issues. Does it always run north to begin? and I know 60 is the radius but do you start on the circumfrence ie 60 points is the centre to my east.
4 hours on line 1 getting 20 levels 3 trying to run in circles where I needed to be hehe :)

Looking for guidance on setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back