• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

port blocking (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

RedCents
11¢
Does anyone know how to get past port blocking? The link I use wil allow me to play EQ with the start with out checking for updates command, but the ports for running the patcher is / are blocked. any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Depends if it's a windows firewall or a router firewall. For windows firewall just disable port blocking, if it's a wireless router you have to login to your router. Go check Google for instructions on how to login to your specific router (most are go to the URL 192.168.1.1 and use username 'admin' and password either blank or 'password'). Then find port forwarding and add the port for EQ patcher (should be able to find that on Google too.)

thanks, I meant through some one elses router I have no acces to it). I didn't think there was a way, but I only know enough to be dangerous to myself. Thanks

What do you mean someone elses router? The only way that someone elses router would block you from playing EQ would be that your stealing his internet. Otherwise your just asking because you want to hack someone else. Either way I don't really care but if your just trying to hack someone, no ones going to help you here. If your stealing someones internet then you will have access to their router, you just need to find what model they have to login.

It might also be at a college, or playing from work, in those cases you might want to try using something to do http-tunneling. It basically lets you use a program on your end, and a proxy to effectively make all of your eq traffic look like web traffic. Just Google http tunneling, you should fine a few sites out there that can help you get started.

i used a vpn connection to my college - worked just fine to bypass all blocked ports, there are some free vpn-provider out there, for a limited bandwith

port blocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back