• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Has service improved on NA (1 Viewer)

Craptastic

RedCents
Back when I frequented Redguides, things went to pot for several months before I finally gave up on calling it a "service ~ That which someone pays for". Everything from Administrator attitude to coders going on strikes or intentionally leaving out portions of builds they deemed "unsafe for public use".

From the cute useless comments displayed at the top of the registration page and subsequent confirmation page it would appear this "flavor" of humor(if you are actually so deprived it's perceived as such) still exists. Which would indicate to me that the reorganization to the structure of this site has not added to it's professionalism. Is that the case?

Is there anyone on NA who's specific function in life is to develop working executables for Everquest? Is this done by "working" (since "someone" is collecting a great deal of money from NA) on a daily basis (preferably at least 8 hours) to produce executables and are daily updates given stating the reasons for potential delays?

Basically... Has this once again become a service worthy of payment and professionalism definitely improved?

Just want to know before I further line the pockets.

P.S. Yes, I remember that there were cute little contests justifying the use of monies spent by members for services, but it doesn't change the nature in which people perceive what the payment is for. Giving stuff away is all fine and good, but people first and foremost expect the value of the service to equate to the cost of said service...

Well I for one can tell you that we have an official development staff (because I am one of them), and it isn't simply one person doing the compile. Every site has its ups-and-downs. Currently we are definitely in an up. The latest compile includes most of the older plugins that users are used to seeing, e.g. Zone, Warp, etc.

But honestly, its all up to you to do the subscription or not. I say give it a month and see how it feels. We have had some old school EQ1 members come out of hiding.

-Alatyami

personally i would not mind some updates ... and anyone i will keep it private and donate to a paypall account to have a few macro's made... ive tried figurig out how to write one without much luck, i have asked if anyone mind writting one, and no luck there ... dont get me wrong the compiles are nice but other sites are also doing pre-compiles... when i first came here couple months back the boards had some talking going on siiddin jigs and the others were around... just seems now the lights are on but no one is around anymore..

Well, I troll the Q&A forum pretty often ... and Siddin, myself, and others have been responding to nearly every question that is asked. Over the past few months we have been reinforcing the no-flame policy (in public and subscriber areas).

When I joined back in 2004 there were a lot of people around to teach me the messed up pseudo language of MQ2 macros. This is the same philosophy that we are standing by now. Ask and you will be answered.

-Alatyami

I for one am excited to see where NA is going. We have Warp/Zone back in the MQ compile, the WoW forums have tons of info, and I believe we have one of the best (friendliest/helpful) user bases in a while, and it's only going to get better!

Back when I frequented Redguides, things went to pot for several months before I finally gave up on calling it a "service ~ That which someone pays for". Everything from Administrator attitude to coders going on strikes or intentionally leaving out portions of builds they deemed "unsafe for public use".
You must be talking about TurkReno. Yes, he did the leaving things out quite often and has also been banned for other actions/attitudes of his. As for coders going on strikes that afaik never happened. We've had some leave and every now and then one or two show up. New ones as well :)

From the cute useless comments displayed at the top of the registration page and subsequent confirmation page it would appear this "flavor" of humor(if you are actually so deprived it's perceived as such) still exists. Which would indicate to me that the reorganization to the structure of this site has not added to it's professionalism. Is that the case?
Lets see here, we're a little bit more laid back than most, we have our own way of dealing with things, but if you break the rules there will be consequences. What is your idea of professionalism? It tends to vary from person to person so just saying that something hasn't added to it doesn't tell me how, why, or what you're looking for.

Is there anyone on NA who's specific function in life is to develop working executables for Everquest? Is this done by "working" (since "someone" is collecting a great deal of money from NA) on a daily basis (preferably at least 8 hours) to produce executables and are daily updates given stating the reasons for potential delays?
I wasn't able to update people daily about the problems we had getting warp and such working again recently, but I did keep people updated. As for having somebody working on this full time, we do all have lives and work outside of this site as well. I think you'd be suprised at the costs of a server + bandwidth + prizes + software + advertising + upgrades. It comes out to quite a bit.

Basically... Has this once again become a service worthy of payment and professionalism definitely improved?
Again what do you mean by professionalism? but yes I think its worthy of payment.

Now just for a little something on myself. I prefer to be one of those people that do things behind the scenes. Basically help others learn to do things. Whether they give me credit or not doesn't matter to me, I'm happy enough with knowing that I had helped with it. If things go wrong, yes I do show up and try to fix them where people can see, but I prefer not to. Its not that I don't want to, but I prefer to see other people grow to not rely on others. I'll always be around to help out, but the sooner somebody can do something on their own the better.

There's a whole lot more to it than that, but I hope you get the idea :D

I for one am excited to see where NA is going. We have Warp/Zone back in the MQ compile, the WoW forums have tons of info, and I believe we have one of the best (friendliest/helpful) user bases in a while, and it's only going to get better!

+1 JMO /agree

Has service improved on NA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back