• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Thinking about starting (EQ2) (1 Viewer)

Running in Circles

RedCents
So...a few (5+) years ago when I was playing FF11 I wanted to try out Ever Quest. I bought the game and made a bard. I was running around in the tutorial thing and got totally lost...I had no idea what I was supposed to do, who to talk to, or how to get out =X. So...I deleted that character and made another...this time without doing the tutorial.

Things were going great, other than I had to get directions a few times and stick really close to town so I knew where to go back to for new spells and stuff. Once I hit level 4, I hit a brick wall...killed at least a hundred /con yellow mobs and didn't see my XP bar move at all. So...I got bored and made a new character...over and over. Got a total of 5 or 6 character to level 4...not one would go any higher. So...I quit and never looked back.

Quite a few years later after playing FF11, Guild Wars, SW:G, WoW, and a few of the ''free'' MMOs...I'm thinking about trying EQ2.

So...on to my point:

1. Is the game a little more user friendly or will I have no clue what I'm doing again? (take in mind I know how MMOs actually work now...not just a few months experience of FF11 =P)
2. Can a casual player (2-3 hours a day...only a few days a week...due to raiding in WoW) actually do much?
3. Will my total lack of EQ experience hurt me playing EQ2?

Thanks =3 (more questions later if I think of any)

1.) There is a tutorial island last I played. I'm pretty sure you can actually get a free account on tutorial island on their website and level your char to 10 before paying for anything. It's pretty easy to get into.

2.) I doubt it. Everything fun in EQ1 and EQ2 takes buttloads of time. You could easily spend that 2-3 hours a day running to a location.

3.) Nah, you don't need EQ1 experience to play EQ2. I don't think it even helps at all.

Good luck!

1. Is the game a little more user friendly or will I have no clue what I'm doing again? (take in mind I know how MMOs actually work now...not just a few months experience of FF11 =P)
2. Can a casual player (2-3 hours a day...only a few days a week...due to raiding in WoW) actually do much?
3. Will my total lack of EQ experience hurt me playing EQ2?

Thanks =3 (more questions later if I think of any)

EQ2 is much much more user friendly then EQ1 was five years ago, definately. You spawn next to the first quest NPC, who is surrounded by other NPC's that will explain to you the mechanics of the game: Banker, spell vendor, crafter.

I'd say it's a pretty good game for casual players, depending on the class you choose. It is entirely possible to solo from 1-80 with every class in the game, some would have an easier time than others. There are millions of quests and dungeons you can do to get experience. You also start getting AA experience at level 10, instead of level 50 in EQ1.

Not at all, It's just fun to see the little references here and there from the first game. EQ2 takes place 500 years after the first one, after the gods blew up the moon and split all the continents. Aside from the races and some classes/spells, it's basically an entirely new game.

hehe, I keep forgetting to post this, but I got EQ2 last monday...started playing Tuesday. AWESOME game =D got a lv24 Kerra necro with two Master 1 spells...I kill yellow mobs before they even get to me XD.

Hopefully endgame turns out really fun, from what I've seen its very fun =)

Discussion - Thinking about starting (EQ2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back