• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

My Experience.. (1 Viewer)

imported_Sleepy

RedCents
Ok, just so we are on the same page, this is a sort of... warning/something to ponder over kinda thing. Its about my experience of playing on a Role Playing server, and what I figure out of it all.

So we start out with my first character, me wanting to make a Night Elf hunter. I didnt know anything other then wanting to be a Night Elf hunter. So, looking over and over the servers to what I wanted to play on. Looking for awhile I got bored and just randomly picked one, and it came out to be a RPPVP server. Not knowing really the whole RPing deal, I liked pvp, so I made my hunter. After getting him to level 6, I started getting abit bored with the kill some stuff, run back to the town, hand in a quest, go back out, kill some mobs, and so on. So, I started watching my hunter fire off some shots into some panthers or whatever they are, and really did not like the look of the hunter. Playing alot of WC3 before, I never really got the idea of the Male hunter... I mean, all the ranged elves were female, so I really didnt know what they were suppost to look like. With this I deleted my character and made a female Night elf hunter on the same server.

It was the same boring quests, but it felt abit more fun, knowing my hunter would look good in all of the gear out there, and I would have no worries to re-roll. Playing to level 25, still having fun, not getting bored as the new quests and instances were quite abit of fun, nothing new, but still fun. Then leading me into my first problem.

I was running from westfall after finishing a Deadmines group, to Redridge, running through goldshire, I came across some people all around a camp fire, talking in say. This was completly new to me, I had never seen anything like it, for abit I spied on them, turning my shadow meld on, laughing at all the "nerds" that thought they were acually thier own characters! Talking about the the Emerald dream, switching to a dwarf drunk out of his mind singing songs. It looked like great fun, and a good little break from leveling. So, I (Taking a few minutes to find my walk button) walked over to them, and found a nice spot, after doing so, I thought I was going to get the outcast treatmend, but nope, they just went on with thier fun, and I watched and tried to pick up some ideas on how I was going to get in on the action.

Most of them being all 60, (now I know they were just bored) but at the time, I thought it was for kicks and just to have a good time. (Not saying Rping isnt fun, just saying its a good way to get away). After some time, one of the Dwarves said, "Hey me pals! Lets head on to the bar!" And they started walking away, mummbling to each other. I felt like that was a long enough break, and would finish my run to Redridge, just as I was about to leave, I got a whisper saying, "Oh, you wont be joining us tonight, m'ladie?" I thought it was abit strange that I didnt talk once, but yet he wanted me to head off with them. Not wanting to be a bummer said "Oh, I will be right there!" And started off towards Stormwind.

Lots of people standing sitting in chairs of the tavern, talking away, some people in suits and the bar counter, some waiters, it was a real eye opener what goes on. So, I found the elf that whispered me and sat down beside him, still freaked out to talk, scared I would rant on about something and they would tell me to get out. The elf that had whispered me earlier, introdusted me to all the people I had seen around the fire, and I just said Hey, still being abit embarrassed to say something stupid. The elf went and sat down beside me, and said "Ohhh, a shy girl are you?!", I felt like I was excepting the fact they were calling me a female, but didnt want to blurt out, Im a male IN REAL LIFE, getting mocked is worse then being called a female once. None the less, the night went on pretty uneventful, just talking about things I had no idea about, but had a few laughs, and got abit more comfortable and even started talking having a pretty good night.

After saying goodbye to everyone I logged off, and got ready for the next days boring questing and grinding routin. When I logged on and to my suprise found a mail icon in the corner, wondering who oh ever could have sent me something? Rushing over to the mailbox, I found a pretty blue gun, and a blue 2 handed axe with a fiery enchant on it! I couldnt believe it, I sat back in my chair with my eyes wide open, wondering who would send me this, I /who'd the name, and it was the elven fellow that I met in goldshire. I had no idea for what reason he would sent me this stuff, that to me was almost to good to be true. (Being my first character, I thought greens 10 levels lower then me owned.) I thought of what I should say to him, to make him know how greatful I was.

I sent him a whisper telling him how awesome it was for him to sent that, and if I could do anything for him I would, and overall just saying a big thanks. I waited for the general responce, oh your welcome, enjoy, see ya later! But I got something I didnt expect.... he asked me what I looked like, and if I had any hobbies. I stared at my screen for a minute saying oh crap, I have no idea what elves do for fun! What am I going to say! So I started off by zooming in and typing down what she looked like, then said something easy like, spending time with my Nightsaber. Hehe chuckled abit, then said no, I mean out of game silly. I jumped back abit, wondering why the hell he would want to know? I mean... I dont just ask people what they look like in real life... it would be creepy. But, him just giving me the items, I gave him a quick .. my hair color, how tall I was, and my eye color.

He thought it over for a second, then said, hmmm, that sounds pretty good... what kind of hobbies other then WoW do you have? Me just wanting the convo to end said, Im into hockey. He smiled and said... oh an athletic gal, must be built pretty well.. oh yes... this is the point I figured out why he gave me the gear, why he was being nice, oh shit! He thought I was a girl! I paniced, looking into the screen, feeling insulted but like an idiot at the same time, said, ohhh hehe, we have the wrong understanding, you see, im not a girl, im a guy. I didnt get a responce for almost ever, then he just said bluntly, I am going to need them items back. Hehe, me feeling abit like... wtf? Why would I do that... thought for a second... and just figured, hey, what the hell, he can think what he wants, not like he knows me! So I said, "Hehe! Just kidding!" feeling abit guilty, him answering me to oh hehe, you had me going.

Pretty lame eh? Whats that word you call them guys that do that? Like mangimen or... oh damn... anyone, im sure ill get called it through responces so I will be sure to know how to spell it, I know... its kinda a long post, and its doesnt really come to an ending... I can finish the story if people want.. I just dont feel like I should type the rest to get made fun of lol. It gets pretty bad, eh, geuss it doesnt matter, but if you want I can tell the rest in another post... I know, this is getting abit long and my typing and grammer blow, so.. if you want the rest, just give me an :yea: and if not just call me what you want and :nay: me off.

just tell them : "i'm a gril IRL"

pics:

http://notaddicted.com/images/isobelle/grilirl.jpg

apparently i 'chat' like a girl... lots of correct spelling and crap like : / or :P.

then people get on vent, hear my voice and wonder why my toons are girls... but i never actually tell them that i am one. my favorite is when they hear my voice and actually blurt out something along the 'WFT, YOUR KNOT A GURL?'... then i just tell them that i am, they're stupid, and that i'm just "husky". it all works out in the end.

anyway, i would have told him the items were already soulbound, then put them on the AH and lol'd

The inclusion of the peppers is both a colorful and DELICIOUS afterthought. We would invite all who read the webpage www.notaddicted.com to behave as we will tonight, and grilln a mesquite and limed chicken dinner.

grilirl.jpg

My Experience..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back