• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Intel's Anti-Cheating Hardware (1 Viewer)

ADM all the way baby

I have carpal tunnel so there is no reason to discrimate me. I can't click anymore or my hand swells up like a balloon. I need macro's to enjoy this game damit.

Or their sales stays the same as hackers out there put out some bios flash's that disable the cheating hardware... Oops, did I do that?

They'll spend millions tryin to make it work, and if it ever does see the light of day, someone will crack it within a week of the release.

:judge According to the article the hardware keeps track of keystrokes and then the software can capture that data. All it'll be is a packet redirect ... and whats real nice is the the keylogger is on your system and in your memory space not the games.

I wouldn't even give it week to be cracked. IF it even completes development.

I wonder how many online gaming companies will force you to opt in if this ever goes live.
Opt in, or don't play...........

Seems like the ultimate security risk to me. Now a virus wouldn't even need to be sophisticated enough to pull personal data from ones computer, now it could just access the keylogger built into the system?

If this goes live, I will never own one.

Fenix8452 said:
Seems like the ultimate security risk to me. Now a virus wouldn't even need to be sophisticated enough to pull personal data from ones computer, now it could just access the keylogger built into the system?

If this goes live, I will never own one.
QFT!

shadowman33 said:
I wonder how many online gaming companies will force you to opt in if this ever goes live.
Opt in, or don't play...........

They would have to make all computers that way, My next will be an AMD hehe

iamgman1126 said:
Did I hear that guy right in the video? Sounded like you have to opt in to enable the detection.
The people opting in are the non-cheaters. Basically, the non-cheaters detect the people who are cheating because their hardware/software detects the others PC who is cheating. But, it sounds like the person who is cheating has to be running the hardware for the cheating to be detected in the first place.

via privacy rights you'd have to opt in for it to be legal to tell other comps what you're running/doing.

The gaming industry is what would drive the consumers to purchase the hardware. Take Halo3 for the PC ... only runs on Vista ...

Everquest 3 (yah right ...) - Requires Intel Anti-Cheat hardware...

Now those that would want EQ3 would buy the intel chipset ...

I've always ran AMD. Will always run AMD. Won't even LOOK at a computer that runs an Intel processor and have insulted salesmen who insisted on attempting to sell me Intel processor based products (i.e. are you a fucking idiot? I said NO intel processors, not try and sell me an intel processor you moron!).

I am very particular about what goes in, runs or access my computer. And I will be damned if i'm just going to hand over my computer to a keylogger that some government agency will probably have access to so they can find out I am pro - america, Anti - government and plan on taking over the world and killing everyone in it... oops did I say that?

~Dragon

Intel's Anti-Cheating Hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back