• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What is your favorite zone and why? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
What is your favorite zone and why? Just thought this would be a fun post.

Ill start off by saying relic. It has a wicked design. It also has one of the coolest looking dragons. Ashenback http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=20315 His skin that moves with the lava is very cool looking. The only dragon that looks cooler is yarlir in thundercrest.

Ill have to say that it has alot of great monster designs too. The shrouded figures and the golems just look hawt. The ground also looks bad ass by the dragons with the lave type look to em. I like to go up to the highest point and run jump off. (dont hit the ground because you wil get loading please wait) I aim for the open space and then i land safely in freeport.

Not all is good in relic tho. The see invis and the raidencounters here are not to be taken lightly. You can easily find yourself in GL wondering wth happened. Oh and i thought the quest where you steal the packages of the counter was original

I've always been fond of The Scars of Velious myself. I know it's not a particular zone, but I highly enjoy the frozen world content. If I was really pressed to choose a favorite zone it would be Kael. I spent so much time in that damn zone it's unreal and with the throwback type zones of Valdeholme and Icefall Glacier I'm really pleased.

You get the best of old school graphics in the enviornment you love with the option to head out to the new zones with top end graphics by EQ standards and new mob models.

However, keep in mind I have only just now returned to EQ after almost a one year hiatus. So my favorites could change rapidly as I explore the new expansions. I'll tell you what though someoneorsomething, I dig the graphics of the Relic dragons and Yar'lir a lot too. SoE did really nice on the storm effects in Yar'lir.

I would be happy if they made a few servers that only went up to a few expansions. ie. a Server that stopped at Kunark and used all the old graphics and spell effects, a server that stopped at velious same guidelines as Kunark etc.

I would play on the server where Velious is End game.

To get back on topic; Temple of Veeshan or Sleepers.

One zone loaded with tons of Named = Raids that get lost for hours/days.

I remember first time stepping foot into Temple of Veeshan. Was scary and exciting and required SKILL. Everyone got loot so no one walked away angry or feeling like they just wasted an ass load of time.

I agree. My favorite is Temple of Veeshan.

It had something for everyone and with two paths, it created endless drama on rallos zek for years, literally.

The Plane of Mischief, in its' original form, was a pretty neat place too.

Both of those zones were very original, so they stand out from the rest of the zones that seem like they were ripped out of a mainstream fantasy novel.

Sleeper's Tomb is a close third, having been there for the Kerafyrm kill and all. ;)

Vex Thall was always the holy ground for me because I was never in the top guild on the server when that expansion released so I didn't get to enjoy the fight for the zone I remmeber back in the day when Order of the phoenix and Heaven and earth tore ssra and VT upo I miss those days. Also getting butt raped by the AoW was awesome so any of those three zones was awesmoe in the day. Now ppl solo that shit and it makes me sad in the pants. My girlfriend can tlel you quite how hard that really is.

Dreadlands. It has that old world touch to it. Back in the old days there'd be 100 people there 24/7. It was a fun place to level...loved it.

Seems to me everyone is choosing zones made by the original makers of everquest (verant) and not by the idiots from sony =P

honestestdanial said:
Dreadlands.

Nothing more needs to be said, that zone was the best thing there is. I remember when there was the graphic option cause the zones would lag so bad, that you could turn off NPC models and they all would look like humans. I would have a brute running at me, being a human 30 times larger than me. I spent practically months there leveling random toons.

Depends on what the characters in the game look like, say and/or do now doesn't it?

I'd like to toss in plane of fear and sky as well....yeah you can thank me for dredging up bad memories of 2hr+ corpse runs.

It is kinda funny most people are picking zones pre-sony. I just really miss the old world tbh. I remember waiting 1-2 hours in LGuk for a good camp. The run from Cazic Thule to Qeynos just to cash in money and sell Fine Steel weapons. Waiting all damn day for the boat and then take a 30second bio-break to come back and see the boat sailing away with a sign hanging off the back " Haha sucker!... see you in 30 mins."

Ahhhhh those were the days!

Karnors was my love/hate.... seemed I died every damn time I zoned into that place but it was like a drug that I was hooked on!

Chardok is my all time favorite zone. Cleric 1.0 fight down to the King was the bane of one of my guild's existence, it broke the guild up in under 2 months. Going back there and exacting revenge in mass quantities for some poor cleric or warrior (or chanter or necro rarely) just plain "feels good."

for some reason i i can't use capital letters. odd.

anyways. howling stones by far my favorite zone. was thethethe xp zone for the longest time. great content, i remember inching around the illusionary floor traps. i'd sit in ot for hours lfg for hs. sebilis is a close 2nd, so many camps in there back in the day...and on vallon zek, it was our zone to aaxp in...each guild pretty much had chosed a zone to xp in /defend righteously

The Estate of Unrest! I found the secret gnome room underwater and thought it was so awesome. The zombie chick that talked about her dolly was super creepy too. Only found out years later that she was for bard epic.

Remember the original wolf form? Dogs were so cute back then.

I used to Quest in Qeynos for the green boots and head gear, From Iron Trumpytoe in the bar at the docs.. I would then make my run to Kalladim to turn them in and then sell for a whole 10plat!!! It was very cool to be one of the rare druids running around in wolf form with green feet LOL. That was awsome. How about lets go HHK and fall off the big Mtn in EK hehe. So many horror stories. But I would think my fav zone is Runnyeye citidal.

I've always liked Crushbone and Paludal and inevitably take all my new toons thru there while leveling them. Nothing like a good group in the Throne room in Crushbone hehe. :D :D

sshadow said:
How about lets go HHK and fall off the big Mtn in EK hehe. So many horror stories.

One time, my cousin let me borrow his 65 Paladin and I accidentally got lost in HHP and had a turn into EK, so I went to explore. I 20k'd back during the Velious era on his horse somewhere (unknown) in the East Karana Canyon, I did not know how to fix this problem, I just got a necro sooner or later and rezzed myself. I then used the OT hammer and logged off of his paladin, he was pissed he lost like 4% exp when I used the wrong rez spell. At that point, I was a noob to rezzes and everything like it.

----

Here's one of my favorite stories, my cousin was the second Paladin on the server to get full Deepwater armor, and he was doing good until he let his brother get on, he rerolled a dwarf paladin with the same name and it deleted his Paladin.

----

The cookie of them all was the time that my cousin was selling this Cobalt BP he had, and he let his brother continue to auction it off in EC while he ran out to do something, low and behold his brother got a tell with someone offering a good offer for it. The kid said, 'give me the item and I will log off and get the plat off of another character.' I think we can all guess where this one went.

What is your favorite zone and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back