• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Map Feature? (1 Viewer)

chrysannia

RedCents
Hi all,
I posted a thread in the General Discussion of this forum, and was told to get a subscription and I'd find my answer soon enough. I am not sure the guy that was trying to help me realized just how ignorant of all this code and MQ stuff I actually am. :confused:
The thread link is here

The second person that tried to help me assumed I played WoW, so I'm not sure if the answer he gave applies, but I'll go try and find a website for the item he recommended.

Would one of you please try and help me out a little? I am trying to find an in-game map for EQ1 that will show me everything in the zone. I only want this so that I can see mobs locations and/or corpse locations if needed. I hate topping a hill and finding a red baddie there. =)

Thanks much!
Chrys

The short answer to your question is Yes, there is a map enhancement that will do what you're looking for and yes you are in the right place to find it. (Well close to the right place. This post should have been put in Questions, and I'm sure it will be moved there when the mods see it)

The place to start to find what you're looking for tho is HERE

And when all else fails SEARCH is your friend. Use it, abuse it. Make it work for you :)

Welcome to Redguides by the way.

We have our sections broken down into different parts

--Everquest
---Subscriber General Section
---Strategies and Cheats
\------Questions,Help, and requests (where this should have been posted from)
\------Guides (Where this was posted)
---Nerfed

You are allowed to ask questions about relevent subjects under other topics by replying to those specific topics, IE: You have a question about a certain macro, it would be beneficial to those answering if they could read the thread and see what you were talking about instead of jumping from the help section hunting up what you were talking about then coming back to you. That and most of the time the original author still maintains it and will help you. This is also your way of saying "I've read this topic and my question was not answered or not answered completely".

You are expected to read the topic on which you are asking the question. You are expected to ask questions to the best of your ability or explain problems in depth and with complete error messages "It crashes" is not a good reply when you have a very specific error message in front of you.

If you feel the need to start a new topic and ask a question it needs to be in the Questions, Help, and Requests section, or kittens die. I'm running out of kittens I'd prefer not have to make a stop by PETA headquarters till monday for my next shipment, they kill them all on Tuesdays so by monday they have a full load ready.

But after all that the main answer to your question is to look in the strategies and cheats section and find compiles for MQ2 (MacroQuest2) like Redquest, or Nightmare#### (people with numbers behind their names suck!) find the one that is most up to date, if there is a patch it will break the current compile till someone posts a new one or updates the old one. Basically what you look for is SoE to patch eqgame.exe, if that's patched you will get an "Incorrect Client" error. This is normal, it means you need an up to date compile. Sometimes this takes a 5 minutes, sometimes this takes a week, just depends on how deep SoE changed things.

Check the guide section and some of the links in my signature for better understanding of how macroquest works.

Oh, and...

Dead_Kitten01.png

/kicks this to the correct section.

Map Feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back