• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2rez & Chatbox commands (1 Viewer)

cheeky monkey

RedCents
I remember reading in a few posts about commands being detected if you type them into a regular chat box, so I have been super vigillant about only using the MQ window for my commands.
I had to try and use the rez feature for the first time a week or so ago. I had made a hot button for it, because I am a tool and can never remember the command for it. I noticed when I died that all of the hot buttons disappear while the timer is running for a rez. (I don't die that often /shrug)

My actual questions are:
1) Did they remove the hot buttons while waiting for a rez to try and curb the cheat?

2) Is there any new info on detection
via chat box commands?

Thanks for the help.

If you mean when you type an MQ command in EQ chatbox does it send up flags? Then the answer is no. Everytime you type any command in EQ that it doesn't recognize it gets erased as if you never said it, a command that would do that would be /plugin. If you type /plugin then EQ will say it doesn't recognize it and that's the end of it, no logs of wrong commands.

If you have MQ loaded and type /plugin in EQ chatbox then it will send it straight to the MQ box and won't even show up in the EQ chat window. When you do '/plugin mq2chat' then whenever you type an MQ command in the EQ chatbox then all the mq stuff goes in the EQ chat box but it doesn't show up on sony's logs.

So if I had mq2chat loaded and typed /ghost on, then in my EQ chat box it would say something along the lines of MQ2Ghost is on, roam around and type /ghost return to go back to your body. But even though I can see it in EQ chat window, sony can't.

This was probably dragged out way too long, I'm kind of tired. I hope you understand.

-UnKnoWn

1) Hotbuttons have *always* been gone. You've never had them up while dead. So no, they didn't remove them to curb the cheat. As far as we know, they aren't even aware of it.

2) They can't be. MQ2 detours all of the slash commands "/command" that are typed into the console (any chat bar, including but not exclusively the MQ2 window). If it is a mq2 command, the command stops there and is executed. It it isn't, it's sent on to the server.

Cheeky the posts that you read before are when someone types the command without the slash in the eq chat box. that would make eq think that you were trying to use the 'say' command. then it shows and can send a flag. (ex instead of /plugin you type plugin by mistake the eq chat will read "you say, plugin...") if a gm saw this he might watch you a little closer. Hope this helps

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Always get the right info here and it is appreciated.
I aim to be as descreet as possible with MQ. Sometimes I feel like a stoner looking around for the cops to show up.
Paranoia, cha-cha-cha.

*Come to think of it....In reference to the hot buttons being up, I may have been thinking of the deaths in the MM's.

MQ2rez & Chatbox commands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back