• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Okay, more computer questions. Phone through computer CD+G (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Heck guys, since you all are able to help me so much, Im just gonna ask my tech questions here. This time I have a few, so I will number them and be as descriptive as possible.

1. Remote Desktop

Can I setup remote desktop so I can connect to my main towers from my laptop over the internet when I am away from home?

Basicly to check bazaar traders, make sure macros are running still ect.

2. CD+G Kareoki CD's

Is there a program I can download so that I can run CD+G's? They wont load the graphics only the music. Or do I need a CD+G drive?

3. My phone here rings constantly. Is there a program I can run on my computer that will act as a telephone so I can use my headset?

That uses my modem, so when the phone rings I can answer it on my computer. I am sure there is. but I dont know what it would be a called or where to look.

Thanks for all the cool help you guys give me on a daily basis. Who needs tech forums? I GOT REDGUIDES!! The best community EVER!

1.) VNC would probably work for what you are doing, if you have static IP addresses you would want to forward the ports through your router to each individual computer.

100.100.100.100 being an example IP address
192.168.1.100-104 being the private (NAT) IP addresses of the systems inside the network. (example)

On computer 1 setup VNC to be on port 8081
On computer 2 setup VNC to be on port 8082
On computer 3 setup VNC to be on port 8083
On computer 4 setup VNC to be on port 8084

Go to your router and set port forwarding for port 8081 to private IP 192.168.1.100

If your router is not on a static IP address but changes every so often (dynamic) then you would need to use either DDNS or just know what your IP address is.

2.) I don't know

3.) If you have a voice modem I'm sure it can be done most people do not have voice modem's anymore they have data+fax modems if they even have a modem. There is probably software out there don't know of any off the top of my head but I do know you will require a voice modem with a cable attached to your sound card.

Okay, more computer questions. Phone through computer CD+G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back