• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

question about backstab modifier.... (1 Viewer)

3djoker

RedCents
10¢
on this item... earring in game it says ...
increase chance to hit by 3pct (%) with backstab
under spell info (with mq2, not like yer a normal player). . . . .
---------------------------
but on ally it says ...

1: Increase Chance to Hit by 3% with Archery
2: Increase Chance to Hit by 3% with Throwing
Type: Worn

now this is gonna sound really stupid, but i have to ask....

if i get an item that is ranger and rog usable, that has a modifier to increase backstab, will it in turn increase my chance to hit with archery?

seriously, i think no. but im not sure if backstab and archery are on the same plane as each other or not. flame if ya want, but i honostly think this is a legit question.

reasoning being....

if you look at the rangers lvl 74 spell "eyes of the owl" , in game (i.e. click spell and show info) it says ....

slot 1: Increase Chance to Hit by 41% with backstab
slot 2: Increase Magnification by 115%
slot 3: Increase Mana by 3 per tick
slot 4: Increase Player Size by 25%
slot 5: See Invisible(1)
slot 6: Ultravision

but when looked up on ally it say where "backstab" is it has archery.

call me wierd, but am i right or wrong?

If you notice the eagle and owl spells that rangers get increase archery% but mq2 tells you it increases backstab. MQ2 is NOT perfect and is only meant for a general idea of what the item/spell does. I believe they are only on the same plane as far as mq2 is concerned, they are not on the same plane as far as SOE is concerned.

MQ2 is NOT perfect and is only meant for a general idea of what the item/spell does.

gotcha. wasn't sure if it read info bout the spell directly from server side or not. and maybe alla was off on the exact info.

thanks much siddin. as soon as i can give ya a redcent from yer other post i gave you one, you will get one for this also my friend.

( "you have given out to much redcent in the last 24 hours" )

It is read from the info that SOE sends to the client, or the client might already have the info, but either way the problem is that others have to create the structs from eqgame and as such it won't be perfect, but it will give you a general idea.

question about backstab modifier....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back