• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v1.2

The custombind might not be a bad idea, although I'd use a keycombo.... but I'd love to be able to just take care of it right in the code. sifting through the cpp is a bit of a challenge for me though, but sooner or later I hope i can find the best way to do it

If what you want is a way to have stick disengage when you press on those arrow keys, custombind is the trick. You could add in a custombind like:

/if (${Melee.Engaged} && ${Stick.Active}) /stick off

But those TLO's aren't correct...you'd have to look up the right ones in the Wiki. There are links on the first post.

i might be wrong in saying this, but i am 99% sure that taunt puts you one agro point ahead of the person with the highest agro. So if you have 400 agro and the cleric has 500 agro, taunt will put you at 501. I noticed that the plugin makes taunt go down every time it pops up and i find this to be a bad idea. If i were tanking a mob and i had 600 agro and second place had 500, if i hit taunt it would put me back at 501 aggro points.

What i am getting at is, taunt is meant for snap-action aggro and i think that as much as warriors would like it to not be so, they have to control it themselves.

So, assuming i am right when i say that, i think it would be best to remove the auto-taunt from the macro.

If you're talking about MQ2Melee...you can choose not to have taunt activate.

But from what I understand about taunt...it puts you one ahead on agro if you are not ahead in agro. Otherwise, it does nothing.

ok, basically what taunt does is it sets you to the next highest place of taunt +1. if you are already on the top of the aggro list it just gives you +1 hate.
ie...
joeschmoe has 790 hate
wilma has 500 hate
you have 1 hate

you taunt, you would now have 501 hate. and be second on the list.

at least thats my understanding from all of the posts on the steel warrior.

If i were tanking a mob and i had 600 agro and second place had 500, if i hit taunt it would put me back at 501 aggro points
NO. Taunt would never lower your total aggro.

Taunt does indeed put you at the very top of the aggro list (either +1 or +10 depending on which parse you believe). Low health, sit, etc can override you being at the top of the aggro so the mob can finish off a useless caster. But if successful, and no condition like Low Health exists, then you will be #1 on aggro list.

More importantly. What is EQ? It doesn't exist with a broken MQ!

If it puts you at the top of the aggro list, then why can my monk never taunt off the tank? A tank is not continually hitting taunt or using discs or procing. I just can't see how taunt would put you at the top, because that isn't what I see when I use it. I'm just asking because I don't know how it works.

PLS need help.......... i just download this but only see Folders and more folders??? where are Macroquest. Exe? need compile this?? pls any post version compiled?? thanks for all and nice work

server about to come down again... not sure what for though.

edit:

Coming down at 1:15 PST for approx 1.5 hours.

neo_vs_hal said:
NO. Taunt would never lower your total aggro.

Taunt does indeed put you at the very top of the aggro list (either +1 or +10 depending on which parse you believe). Low health, sit, etc can override you being at the top of the aggro so the mob can finish off a useless caster. But if successful, and no condition like Low Health exists, then you will be #1 on aggro list.

More importantly. What is EQ? It doesn't exist with a broken MQ!

I was under the impression that if you (tank 1) had 600 aggro, and tank 2 had 500 aggro, and you hit taunt, it would reset your aggro to the maximum non-you aggro +1/10, in this case, 501/510, which is why spamming taunt is ill advised. I could be wrong, but this was my understanding, because taunt aggro operates off the highest aggro on the list besides you, which, if it were 500, would still lower your aggro to 1/10 higher than the 500 aggro tank

I'd say its much less active than /gate, but people can see your character when you do the instamem. I doubt SoE has created a method of detecting instamem.

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back