• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v1.2

thez said:
If you can put "hack" at the end of a description for a plugin...ie, warp hack, zone hack, memory hack, speed hack, etc...it's probably an active hack. An active hack won't necessarily get you in trouble, but they're easy to notice and, at least in my book, not worth the risk vs. reward at this point.

Exactly.

Great compile thanks. One thing I could not find was the MQ2DPS, am I blind or is it not there?

You're not blind, it's not in there and I forgot to take out that line. I'll add it into the next version, though, since you asked for it.

I am trying to use autoforage. It created an ini file when it was started says keep all, add all. I closed EQ and MQ and rebooted both. started the program start forage, it turns on, stop forage it turns off, start forage it turns on, but it isn't collecting anything :( I been going back and forth between here and EQ to hit the forage button. I was hoping it would do it for me. Its the first time I tried it, and I am using my druid to forage. should it be clicking the button for me?
Thanks

Have you gone to the ability tab of your "Main" window, and selected forage as an ability there? That is required for this plugin to work.

I must say this is a nice compile I have had 0 crashes with all the plugins I run. And all my Spike lag issues I had are gone.

RedQuest said:
I'll compile it if you can get me updated offsets for it.

Found, try these.

Rich (BB code):
#define ExspansionCheck 0x53C698 /* 10-04-06 */
#define Enter_Cresent_Memcheck 0x53C600 /* 10-04-06 */

Is any one else getting a crash to desktop when they unshroud? running 1.2B atm

RedQuest, your MQ2FPS.dll doesn't work with the /render command. I mentioned it a few posts ago and haven't seen any changes as of yet. Just want to let you know.

I downloaded new version with MQ2DPS and it gave me an error "MQUI_DpsWnd.xml not found". I searched and did not find that file in the .zip or on search for these forums. It still works and shows the dps in the MQ window.

RedQuest, your MQ2FPS.dll doesn't work with the /render command. I mentioned it a few posts ago and haven't seen any changes as of yet. Just want to let you know.

I'll try to update the source.

I downloaded new version with MQ2DPS and it gave me an error "MQUI_DpsWnd.xml not found". I searched and did not find that file in the .zip or on search for these forums. It still works and shows the dps in the MQ window.

That's in the MQUI folder.

Unfortunately, since s0rCier's computer is busted, that might not be fixed for a while. s0rc is trying to put together funds for a new comp now, but *shrug*

sorry , my stupidity. usually it automaticaly /sticks when its loaded. works fine for me now that i looked at all the commands. im still new to this :)

I had a question about /gate. Exactly how easily traceable is this if no one really sees it? Say I'm alone in a zone and just don't want to blow origin or my CR scepter....if I /gate can that become an issue? I know if others are around it would look odd for a bard to be casting gate, especially instant cast, but if no one is in zone to see it, since I can technically gate with potions I just wasn't sure if there was any way for them to know that it was being done with MQ. Thanks in advance :) Also, what issues could arise from corpse summoning?

I had a question about /gate. Exactly how easily traceable is this if no one really sees it? Say I'm alone in a zone and just don't want to blow origin or my CR scepter....if I /gate can that become an issue? I know if others are around it would look odd for a bard to be casting gate, especially instant cast, but if no one is in zone to see it, since I can technically gate with potions I just wasn't sure if there was any way for them to know that it was being done with MQ. Thanks in advance Also, what issues could arise from corpse summoning?

TBH...I can't tell you that, because I don't know. I personally feel that it's too risky to use the plugins even in that situation, but the choice is yours. As for corpse summoning...it warps you to the corpse, then back to where you were, bringing the corpse with you. So...that's the issue, heh.

Yes, that MQ2Melee is straight from the thread, and no, it hasn't been modded. Why?

lawdawg6284 said:
I had a question about /gate. Exactly how easily traceable is this if no one really sees it? Say I'm alone in a zone and just don't want to blow origin or my CR scepter....if I /gate can that become an issue? I know if others are around it would look odd for a bard to be casting gate, especially instant cast, but if no one is in zone to see it, since I can technically gate with potions I just wasn't sure if there was any way for them to know that it was being done with MQ. Thanks in advance :) Also, what issues could arise from corpse summoning?
First: when you type /gate there is no spell casting emote or message. Which is where the tip off is. Other players in the area will just see you poof as if you crashed or were CoThed or rezzed or something. If you were checked up on, the logs would show it as something out of the ordinary. If you gate with a potion there is still a trace: So and so begins to cast a spell. Even insta cast gate pots (the ones that sell for 1200PP from a vendor) have a casting message.

Also, when using /gate you don't leave the zone instantly. Watch what your character does next time. You shift, almost like a sidestep, to a predefined point in the zone. I've noticed using /gate in PoTranq takes you to a spot near the scales before you zone. So there would be a traceable difference in the packet data as well.

If, by corpse summoning, you mean something like CSum, what's happening is that you're actually warping to the corpse and back to your starting point. So the same risks as /warp basicly.

In other words, even if you are alone and no one sees you, there are still traces in your logs that GM's or whoever can check.

Also, when using /gate you don't leave the zone instantly. Watch what your character does next time. You shift, almost like a sidestep, to a predefined point in the zone.
I could swear that when I cast gate and do not have MQ2 running, this still happens to me. I can't say for sure though, because I have a hard time remembering to check.

I have summoned my corpse once, when it was stuck in a rock. Even if it does involve a warp, I was standing right next to it already. The distance was extremely small, and my assumption is that any movement logs would not show a noticable discrepancy.

I could swear that when I cast gate and do not have MQ2 running, this still happens to me. I can't say for sure though, because I have a hard time remembering to check.

Just open your map before walking into a zone line. Same thing happens. The map shows what looks like a warp to some other spot in the current zone prior to the screen going black.

If so, that means that SOE must apply filters to their movement logs in order to extract "significant" events. Character warping is intrinsic to the game engine even more than I previously thought. They would have to filter out known legit warp-ish behavior.

Like, what about Greater Decession? You appear to /warp succor without casting a spell, when in reality some nearby Wizard cast the spell for you. Now you have to dig into another log? This might be more trouble than it's worth for SOE log analyzers. But, to warp FROM succor to another point across the zone... CotH, I know. The point is that the wealth of legit warping would have to be filtered out somehow.

Now if we only knew the parameters of the filters. There could be a new plugin called MQ2SafeWarp, lol. It would only operate if your requested action fell within the filter cutoff, orrrrr, [deleted] (nvm that idea, shouldn't brainstorm in public, lol)

Wizards and mages have to be grouped with you to decess or coth. Hence their spell messages would be a part of your character log.

I realize that when you zone normally you shift a bit, but the shift with /zone or /gate is very noticable. Like from the Time dial to the Justice scales. That's more than a fractional shift

I could swear I've gotten the "You begin to cast a spell <Gate>" message when /gating before, but I could be mistaken. I haven't used it in quite some time. I see what you're saying with Csum. I'll hold off on that one until things cool down a bit. I'm interested to know if anyone else has thoughts or suggestions about /gate though. It seems that the warping component is actually a part of the spell, so maybe not so easily traceable?

Yes, that MQ2Melee is straight from the thread, and no, it hasn't been modded. Why?

I tend to have some minor problems with the routines, notably a hangup before it kicks in, so might try and remove some checks or just re-arrange it to stick/attack before checking anything else.

And also sometimes while I'm tanking i need to break stick (mob near a ledge or such) so I'll just hit a directional key, but it'll make the toon look at the mob and then up towards the sky before giving back control. So i'll probably just change default stick settings. or make it /stick off instead of pause.

That's all :)

I tend to have some minor problems with the routines, notably a hangup before it kicks in, so might try and remove some checks or just re-arrange it to stick/attack before checking anything else.

And also sometimes while I'm tanking i need to break stick (mob near a ledge or such) so I'll just hit a directional key, but it'll make the toon look at the mob and then up towards the sky before giving back control. So i'll probably just change default stick settings. or make it /stick off instead of pause.

The delay you are experiencing is one of the MQ2Melee settings, iirc. Try fiddling with those. For your stick off issues, you could add a custombind using MQ2Custombind so that when you press back or either side key, it also does a /stick off.

tradertesla said:
Just open your map before walking into a zone line. Same thing happens. The map shows what looks like a warp to some other spot in the current zone prior to the screen going black.
Exactly. I always have my map open. So when you see the shift, it's not something MQ2 is doing to you. And I've never noticed a difference in the distance you "shift" when MQ2 is running or not.

The delay you are experiencing is one of the MQ2Melee settings, iirc
Well, there is a stickdelay setting, but i have that off it seems more like a delay from some of the checks (probably because I have up to 6 toons at once running on the same comp....but still) and it doesn't always happen.

The custombind might not be a bad idea, although I'd use a keycombo.... but I'd love to be able to just take care of it right in the code. sifting through the cpp is a bit of a challenge for me though, but sooner or later I hope i can find the best way to do it :)

tx for the ideas

RedQuest v1.2(NERFED)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back