• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2Eqbc How to use it effectively (1 Viewer)

RedCents
53¢
So I’ve just started using MQ2Eqbc, and thus far it’s seemed amazing, I normally run at least 2 characters, wizard and enchanter, and its been great, I just have a few question for those of you out there using it currently about how to make my commands a bit more effective. First off I often want to use a command something like
/bct XXX //assist YYY
/bct XXX //cast 1
but every time I try to write this into one in game command, the targeting seems to get all messed up. It usually sends both commands at once and before XXX finishes assisting it’s already trying to cast the spell. I can’t seem to figure out how to guarantee that one command is executed before the second, or include a small pause between the commands without putting it into to separate buttons.

If there is anything else that anybody else is using that makes this easy, or has any cool tips/tricks for use with Eqbc please post them here :)

Single line of code:
Rich (BB code):
/bct XXX //multiline ; /assist YYY ; /pause 1s ; /cast 1

This is nice, because you can alias it to a key, or a command...ie, you could do
Rich (BB code):
/alias /wiz /bct XXX //multiline ; /assist YYY ; /pause 1s ; /cast 1

That would make the command "/wiz" send that command to your bot. You could also do it this way, and bind it to a key so that you only have to press, say, "K", to make the command be sent.
Rich (BB code):
/custombind add wizardassist
/custombind set wizardassist /bct XXX //multiline ; /assist YYY ; /pause 1s ; /cast 1
/bind wizardassist k

I can't get this plugin to work for some reason... when I try to connect to the default server, it won't connect. Won't let me try different servers or ports either. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You have to start EQBCS.exe on your computer. Then, in EQ, type /bccmd connect <server> <port> (defaults: 127.0.0.1 2112). If you're not boxing on different machines, you can use the default 127.0.0.1, which is LocalHost (meaning the machine you're running EQBCS on.) EQBCS.exe defaults to port 2112 aswell so you should just type:
Rich (BB code):
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
That information is then saved to an INI file and from then on out, you can just type:
Rich (BB code):
/bccmd connect
It will default to the last server you connected to. Also, while the MQ2EQBC plugin is loaded, you can type this command for a list of all commands available and some examples.
Rich (BB code):
/bccmd help

Ok it says application failed to run because configuration is incorrect. This is the one I extracted from the RG compile. I even deleted the old eqbcs.exe and re-extracted it.. should I be putting it another folder besides my mq2 one? If someone could point me towards a thread detailing the use of this plugin I'd appreciate it. I'm totally lost here...

Memorizing spells across bots?

To resurrect an old thread.

Does anyone know if you can initiate commands to your bots that makes them memorize certain spells in certain slots?

Hmm now that I think about it, can you tell your bot to load a spell set? I need to perhaps try this route. I would still like to know if it can do my first question though.

Re: Memorizing spells across bots?

Sylas said:
To resurrect an old thread.

Does anyone know if you can initiate commands to your bots that makes them memorize certain spells in certain slots?

Hmm now that I think about it, can you tell your bot to load a spell set? I need to perhaps try this route. I would still like to know if it can do my first question though.
Look up MQ2Cast on the MQ2 wiki.

MQ2Eqbc How to use it effectively

Users who are viewing this thread

Back