• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/what is the enchanter epic weapon? (1 Viewer)

kiome

RedCents
ive looked all over the net and stuff but cant find where to start the epic or what the weapon is pls help

Encahnter Epic 1.5 Everquest 1

The Pages: Take your epic (equipped or not) and speak to Jeb Lumsed (who is in illusion as "a sarnak imitator" in Burning Woods (-1200,-4000). Along the Eastern border near the south corner of zone. EQ Atlas map says, Sarnak Temple, he is inside. Green mobs scowled at me, but did not attack.

Quote:
a sarnak imitator says "Much time has passed since the creation of the Staff of the Serpent. The power of discord is seeping into our fair world, and only the most powerful of us shall stand to force it back. The time has come for a new tool, and a new breed of enchanter. Are you prepared to meet this challenge?"

"I am prepared"

a sarnak imitator says "I have recently received this ancient tome; it contains knowledge that may probe invaluable to the construction of a new staff. Unfortunately, time has had its way with it. I need you to find the missing pages so we can get to work. There should be ten, unless they have been destroyed by time and decay."

You receive Tattered Illegible Tome

The Tattered Illegible Tome is a 10 slot book that you need to fill with 10 A Cryptic Page's. All the cryptic pages are groundspawns in rather decayed zones: They respawn in 45 minutes

-- Cryptic Page Listings ---
-- Seb -262, +356, -117 -- jail (cross bridge, jump in water, swim down tube. it is between 2 see-invis Mobs{conned db at 66} on floor)
-- Cazic Thule +424, -363 -- just north of wizzy spire, on floor by three pillars in the room with some lizards
-- Crystal Caverns -592, -942, -536 -- Just jump in water invised, swim back to spider queen's room and loot from behind her.
-- Skyshrine +148, +383, +3 -- SW tower on first level, on ground in front of Lothieder Fe'Dhar (Upper Maze Part - "hug right to the first portal, hug left to the second, turn around and go straight to the last" to get through)
-- Velk's Lab +262, -426, +21 -- Up all the ramps, down the slick floor, careful to land on ball, Dog tents, first one on left
-- Nadox +786, +1746, -82 -- near broodmother
-- Najena -158, -119, -19 -- near Rathyl (gotta collect keys to get to him, or Illusion Gnome is small enough to fit between some of the bars *wish I had thought of that last part*)
-- Fungus Grove +1136, +1277 -- Shiknar Caves (shard camp) go into ditch in North part of zone, find cave, it is on ground in front of Warlord
-- Ocean of Tears +554, +9272 -- NW corner of zone, Sirens isle (on the ground between two sitting sirens, among the islands on the South side of boat's old path)
-- Howling Stones -135 +243 -163 -- Drop down at entrance, West, then South. Must have key to this zone.

Once you collect all 10 Cryptic pages, combine them for a Complete Illegible Tome. Take your completed tome and give it back to Jeb in BW.

Quote:
"As I suspected, this is something extraordinary. You must go speak to Maelin at once. It has been many moons since I have entered the Plane of Knowledge. He may well have some new information for me. Go at once and tell him sent you"

You receive an invisible flag for completing the previous step. Now go to the Plane of Knowledge and speak with Grand Librarian Maelin in the top of the library in PoK

You say, 'Jeb sent me'

Grand Librarian Maelin says 'This is from Jeb, you say? I will set my best researchers on it at once. We have recently made some discoveries that he should be aware of. Here, take this note down to Lobaen, she will retrieve them for you.'

You receive Note to Lobaen

Take the note to Illusionist Lobaen, (with the other Enchanter spell vendors elsewhere in library at -85, +1060, -60).

Quote:
Illusionist Lobaen says 'It is not often that I receive a request from Maelin himself. Please, take these and be most careful.'

You receive Sealed Documents. Take the sealed documents back to Jeb in Burning Woods.

The staff:

Quote:
a sarnak imitator says 'Interesting indeed. I see that I was not wrong in my instinct to begin this as quickly as possible. I have created a list of the items that you will need to begin the construction of this tool. Mind you, it will not be a simple thing. When you have gathered them all return to me. Would you like a chest to carry them in?'

You receive an instruction book. Ask for a chest "I would like a chest” and receive Ornate Staff Chest

The instructions read:

Gold Filgree: This is needed to Bind the staff.Last I heard a strange sort of mermaid made it. The hand of Marr may cleanse it.

Staff Section: This was shattered by Mayong's Rage. I do believe something from his castle may in fact entice the one who holds it into speaking.

Staff Section: A strange scarab scampered off with the piece, seek him in the caves.

Staff Section: This was broken in a mountain pass.

Staff Section: The warcaller claimed this one long ago.

Staff Crown: A misguided sirenmstakes it for a crown.

Incadescent Oil: This is needed to anoint the staff. First create a glowing concoction of moonwater, magic, light and that which glows. Take this glowing concoction and brew it with a greasy sort of oil, oil of a dragon, and some dye.

All-Seeing Eye: You could also call him the eye of Bristlebane

Info on the Peices

Gold Filagree:
Kill An Enticing Potameid in Natimbi.(Loc -843 pos 1560 pos 96) She's about 200 feet from shore. She is not trackable, and is in the water. When you zone in at Wayfarer camp, go to the lake/ocean shoreline and turn right. Follow the shore around a good ways. When you get close to the LOC head out away from the water. You can see her under the water if it isn't raining. She cons indifferent, so go down and target her. I had a annimation with me, swam to max range and pulled with tash. Got up on the shore and fought there. Hits fairly hard, slowable and cripple landed. Then had my summoned pet beat on her while i tanked with Rune. Also nuking every once in awhile. Have root up cause she runs, no rampage or enrage. Easy kill. She summons. Kill and loot Sullied Gold Filigree. Take the Sullied Gold Filigree to Anthone Chapin, in the NE basement in Halls of Honor, (2484,-1850,-114) he's near two Valorian guards that must be pacified to do the turn in or else they will aggro. Hand it in to Anthone and he gives you Purified Gold Filigree

You say, 'Hail, Anthone Chapin'

Anthone Chapin says 'Mithaniel Marr himself has entrusted me with the power to purge taint from the most desecrated of objects.'

Give him the filigree.
Anthone Chapin says 'This filigree now shines from within with the holy light of Marr.'

You receive a Purified Gold Filigree.

1st Piece of the Staff:
Go to Castle Mistmoore and collect Taste of Enticement at approximately -220 +365 (top of the tower where Garton Viswin spawns. Take the fruit to the 7th floor of the Tower of Frozen Shadows (Tserinna's floor). Charm Advisor Svartmane (no alla link yet) and hand him the fruit to receive 1st Piece of the Staff! This is super easy if you have master Key. Walk up to left mirror and click and your right in front of him. If not you need to go up all the floors. So find somone with a master key. They can port up groups

-----------------------------------
Bit more details from Alla's

Go to Mistmoore's Castle (preferably during EQ day time). Zone in invisible, and follow the tunnel around to the graveyard. Enter the graveyard and the building within. Fall through the floor at the front of the casket. Go up the ramp or stairs (can't remember which) to a room with four doors. Open the door to your right. It should open and be a fake wall. If it doesn't, it's the wrong door. If it is the correct door, directly to its left is a secret passage. Enter the secret passage and go up and up and up till you get as high as you can in the tower. If you have not seen the lift, you need to look up and click the piece of wood. Collect Taste of Enticement on the table, at approximately -220 +365 (top of the tower where Garton Viswin spawns in the same room as the Dark Huntress). It looks like a blue mushroom on the table. Out of curiousity/egoism I uninvised and killed all the mobs in the room. They did not agro no matter how close I moved to them. Low level greenies. One had more HPs than I expected, but after 4 or 5 DDs, she died as well.

Take this fruit and go to the seventh floor of the Tower of Frozen Shadow, a.k.a. Tserrina's floor. If you use the master key, you'll be in a room full of mirrors. Just outside of this room is the Advisor Svartmane, whom you must charm. If you are careful, you can open the door without him aggroing, especially since he does not see invis. Charm him, hand him the fruit, and he will give you the 1st Piece of the Staff (dialogues needed). This part is soloable, but has killed many enchanters. Take along a pal for safety and stack runes on yourself. - Note from Vic - Garon had the 7th floor key. We went up and before getting to issue a warning Garon ran straight into see the mob. It agroed on him and bounded on him hard. I took agro with a tash, it dropped my Rune and I discovered it hits for 600s. I fired off my AA rune and Garon group healed. I cast WoM (quick AoE 6 sec mez) and cast Charm. Did my hand in, we clicked the mirror outta there.

2nd Piece of the Staff:
Drops off the rare spawn The yrendan scarab in the back of the caves in PoJ. Level 62, hits for about 300. He's an enchanter, go figure. Loc is aprox -1300, -850. Took me about 6 hours to get him to spawn. Room has three spawn points, with another just outside of the room. Long boring camp. Enchanters will come to hate this one.

-- This one is pissing me off! I've been determined to solo it, but I've been down there 4 times. First three I snuck my way down, invis when I could, pacifying when I had to. Finally I got a DC pet, pacified when possible and killed when I had to. Got down to the mobs and cleared the room. No problems other than one runner, but root stopped him. Got respawns (10 minutes), killed the first one, np. Killing the second one and he ran, root landed and broke, got around a corner in the tunnel ("You cannot see your target"). Agroed the next three mobs down the hall. DC pet died, runes dropped, doppleganger took them off me long enough to mem Gate, but the spell didn't come ready to cast until after doppleganger and I had died.

So, I'm going back with a person who can snare. Pulling was simple. Mez, tash, slow, cripple, break mez with Apshxyate (sp?) DOT, blast with DD. Tank to 50% of MOBs HPs, then back off and let pet tank. Nuke till close to 20 and root if it runs. For the room, I'd pacify the others and do the same thing. Never had a (knock on wood) resist to pacify. Person ahead of me had 8 higher level people in a small raid. Took them 4 clearings before named spawned. --

3rd Piece of the Staff:
Head to Vxed in GoD to find and kill any Vxed Named to receive the 3rd piece. (Vxed nameds: not too tough, good group easy) Link to 3rd piece.

4th Piece of the Staff:
Head to the Bloodfields in OoW to find and kill War Caller Kaavi. Her Loc is -686 / 537. I had help and way over kill but here is how it works. There are 6 Senry of Kaavi that spawn around her. She is not targettable and will not agro. You must kill the 6 sentries and then she will respawn and be targettable. Until that time, you can pull the sentries directly across her. They'll all come single expect one pair closer together. Easy kills.
Once all 6 are dead and War Caller Kaavi is targetable, handle with care. Suggest a FD puller. When she is agroed and chasing you, 4 Guardian of Kaavi will spawn. They are level 68, mezzable, slowable, not to terribly tough. Two spawn on the far side of her and do not agro as she is moving to far away. The other two closer will agro. Here the FD puller does his thing and splits. Or you can do what I did. Just mez one (named and other guardian stayed on puller) and then mez the other. War Caller: hits for 2k+, didn't rampage, two groupable, recommend about 9)

Ornate Staff Topper:
Head to Siren's Grotto in Velious to find and kill Faleniel of Darkwater for the staff topper. (Faleniel: hits for about 2k, permarooted, two ae's (slow & dd) Need 3 groups) PS: Wizard and Monk Epic mobs are nearby this one.

-------------------------------------
Bit more detail from Alla's

Faleniel of Darkwater spawns in Sirens Grotto. The easiest method to get to her is to teleport to Cobalt Scar, zone into Sirens Grotto, then evac/succor across the zone. Run to the well invised and drop down into her room. Nothing sees invis. You can get killed if your raid group can't stay invis.

She is perma-rooted, has many easily killed friends who may or may not heal her, and casts two AEs: Ice Rain (Decrease Hitpoints by 1000 to 2000, need about 175 CR) and Drowning Panic (Decrease Attack Speed by 15%, Increase Disease Counter by 10, Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick, need abour 125 DR). She can hit for 2k, and is difficult if not impossible to slow. She drops an Ornate Staff Topper.

Incandescent Oil:
So far we have a "greasy clockwork" in Plane of Innovation (loc please?) that drops "glimmering oil" still need to get some dragon oil and a dye to brew these... (clockwork: hits approx 1.8k, ae blinds a'la Junkbeast, 2 groups or 8-9 folks w/2-3 healers)

Glowing concoction= glow lichen (foraged nek forest) + Abyssmal moonwater + vial of purified mana + essence of sunlight

Annointing oil = clowing concoction + dragon egg oil + prismatic dye (NOT vial of prismatic dye) + glimmering oil

Combine Abysmal Moonwater (found on the bottom of the Abysmal Sea at +485, +70), a Vial of Purified Mana, Essence of Sunlight (dropped in various old world zones), and Glow Lichen (foraged in Nektulos Forest) in a brew barrel to craft a Glowing Concoction (< 150 trivial, trivial needed).

Next kill the untrackable A Greasy Clockwork in the Plane of Innovation. Loc is n905, n265, n50, from zone-in, turn left and follow the path to the four-way intersection. Turn left and you cannot miss it if it's up (additional notes: east from GY, follow round past factory then northish until you get to first crossroads, west from there). He is indifferent so you can set up next to him after killing the trash around him. Does not show up on track, so you have to visually confirm. I suggest, to track Greasy, Just Bind Sight Hop to him (ie Cast Sight on mob, switch camera angles with F9 so you can see around mob, target next mob, bind sight, target, bind, repeat until you reach your target. I use this method to "track" lots of things). It hits in the 1800's, AE rampages, and has an AE called Blinding Smog (Blindness & Shadowstep). The fight is apparently very similar to the one with the Junk Beast. It drops Glimmering Oil.

A new tip on killing Greasy Clockwork.

Quote:
I guess the Greasy Clockwork is on a different faction than the rest of the PoI mobs, for I had a rogue aggro the Greasy in his room, and then SoS and pull him to the zone (or close to the zone), where my raid was waiting. Worked like a charm, as long as the rogue did not run too fast to get out of Greasy's aggro range. We were then able to fight him in an area with much fewer respawns to handle.

Combine Glowing Concoction, Glimmering Oil, Dragon Egg Oil, and Prismatic Dye (not a Vial of Prismatic Dye) in a brew barrel to craft Incandescent Oil (trivial needed).

All-Seeing Eye:
Head to Plane of Mischief off of Great Divide to find and kill All-Seeing Eye for the all-seeing eye. (ASE: pain in the ass, hits for approx 2k, highly resistant, has a dot (1300 initial + 300/tick) that hits everyone on his hatelist, 4 groups?)

This is literally the All-Seeing Eye that spawns in the middle of the Plane of Mischief hedge maze. It is not perma-rooted, looks like a giant beholder, and hits for around 2k. Bring a raid force. Slow is difficult but possible to land, while cripple and weakness are more difficult. Strangle landed fine. It has an estimated one million HPs. Has single-target rampage and procs Gaze of the All-Seeing Eye (Decrease HP when cast by 1300, Decrease Hitpoints by 300 per tick, Decrease Mana by 35 per tick, Increase Curse Counter by 24) . Once it's dead, loot the All-Seeing Eye.

Turn completed book back into Jeb in BW

a sarnak imitator says 'You have done well, my student. The staff is now complete. In order to stand up to the true fury of discord, it will need purifying, but even in this state it shall protect you well.

Recieve

Oculus of Persuasion

Slot Primary
Skill Piercing Attack delay 23
Damage 25 AC 10
Effect Protection of the rye(Must equip casting time 0.
Recast Delay 10 minutes, Recast type 6
Focus Effect Persuasive Gaze
Sta +20, CHA +20, INT + 30, AGI +20, HP +190, MANA +200
SVF +20, SVC +25, SVM +25
spell shield +2%
req lvl 65
wt 2.5 size medium
class enc
race gum eruhie def gnm
slot1, Type 8

/what is the enchanter epic weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread