• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

what new class (and last) should I add? (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
I am adding one more class...wondering would everyone else would do?...
already have Pal/ench/war/wiz/clr

Seems you might lack a good pull class. My recommendation would be Monk/Bard. Leaning more towards bard for the obvious reason as the ultimate utility class.

Honestly you got some dps here from the wizzy. I would add a snaring class for splitting camps. Me and my partner found that snare/run/fade works awsome for splitting camps. And the ranger has the extra attk buffs too and they got some good dps.

N

Maybe druid

Druid can snare, either heal or dot, add buffs to cleric's ( pot9 AND symbol as example ), make you fly

For info, i never played a druid..............yet
:p

I voted bard. The overhaste, Mana regen, and Nuking songs really enhance a groups ability. If you're using something like Autobot then you have the Enchanter and Bard both mezzing adds so who cares about splitting pulls. Plus it's nice if you're running the group somewhere to pop on selo's and set the bard to stick to your leader. You can always use the bard to pull with fading memories if you really need to split a pull.

Necro.

Above and beyond just about every class, necromancer's offer many options. On a straight basis of what can your necro do for you that no other class can...the answer is FD and rez. But a DoD and DoN geared necro can also break 500dps without a ton of effort on most fights. They can snare, off-kite nonmezzables, mana drain, twitch, and pull almost as well as a bard, though, admittedly, it does take a little bit more skill when you get higher up, since you have to pet pull some times...though if you are in an all MQ2 group, I imagine that you could get around that without much trouble.

My vote would depend on the level of your group and what you like to do. My preference would be a monk or bard because of the single pulling capability. I know that you have a chanter there for mezzes but lets be honest....how fast are you at boxing? which toon do you focus on when you pull 2 (or 3) the chanter to mez? the cleric to heal the chanter thats trying to mez? or the tank thats trying to get aggro?

Single pull > chanter when boxing that many chars. Add to that the high hits on most of the mobs nowadays and you may see alot of "Loading please wait" on the chanter box.

As for snare; the wiz has a nice aoe snare. I very seldom get resisted when snaring. If I do get resisted the shammy malo is incoming next so it sticks the second time. So I don't think you need another snare class.

You have "defense in depth" with the knight/warrior combo, and healing covered in the cleric/knight combo. You have dps covered with the wiz/warrior combo. Crowd control is covered with roots and mezzes in the chanter, pally, and cleric. Basically the only place you don't have redundant covarage is in the slow department. That said I would choose a bard.......

Single puller that can slow.

bard, thats all there is to it. the overhaste/spell focus is just sickening with any group type. not to mention the 145 pt ds with just the bard, mana/hp regen, mezes, fade, selos, and the list goes on.

thez said:
Necro.

Above and beyond just about every class, necromancer's offer many options. On a straight basis of what can your necro do for you that no other class can...the answer is FD and rez. But a DoD and DoN geared necro can also break 500dps without a ton of effort on most fights. They can snare, off-kite nonmezzables, mana drain, twitch, and pull almost as well as a bard, though, admittedly, it does take a little bit more skill when you get higher up, since you have to pet pull some times...though if you are in an all MQ2 group, I imagine that you could get around that without much trouble.

Ill tell you one thing, I love my necro.

Now, dont get me wrong. Having a bard with casters is very nice. The mana regan, increased damage and spell effects. VERY NICE.

Necros are fun to play. Can solo ton of crap and well, pretty good pullers to if you dont let the mob get to close to ya. They dont last that long when mobs hit for the 1000s unless you are about 10k hp unbuffed/buffed.

Bards, usally always get singles and if you happen to get an add you can just fade and re-try. Only bad thing is I think fade is like 1000 mana so you can only do it a few times before you do oom.

Somehow I doubt that with the group you already have you need to work up AA's, or if you would be willing to lose all of your characters using an afk bard macro. So what you lack is a pulling class, if you want extra haste, regen, mana regen and all the bullshtick, go for a bard. If you want dps and a pulling class, a monk is your answer.

They're easy to get used to. But with /twist now, bards are also easier to play then they used to be. Still, with boxing I would definetly use a monk, all you need to do is pull, FD, wait til tanki has aggro, then dps.

what new class (and last) should I add?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back