• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Here's what we know:

ban1.png

discussion.png
Today's hot topic!

ban2.png
(I allow everyone in the universe to use these screenshots however they please, no permission or credit necessary.)

Thousands of accounts are locked or banned at the moment. LurkMcGurk can give more details on the difference.

The accounts on which I purchased a cheap, aftermarket TBM key (from G2A and Playerauctions) are now banned, the others are fine.

If you purchased a cheap TBM key and your account is now locked or banned, reply to this thread.

DayBreak Games forums discussion here:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...og-in-says-access-denied.233733/#post-3447412

reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/4qqd8z/do_not_purchase_cd_keys_from_third_parties/

news:
http://knowtechie.com/daybreak-games-bans-thousands-everquest-accounts-market-keys/

http://eq2wire.com/2016/07/01/daybr...-everquest-ii-accounts-for-after-market-keys/
EQ2Wire said:
For years, it has been possible to buy EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions at a discounted rate on sites like Steam, G2A, and PlayerAuctions. There is nothing in the EQ or EQ2 EULA or TOS that constrains where expansion keys can be purchased.

TBM pulled from the Steam store (page exists, but you can no longer purchase):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/420390/
Here's how it looked June 28th:
http://archive.is/mQwK4

Redguides is absolutely against credit card fraud and scams. If anyone here is found to be directly involved in chargebacks to DayBreak for cd-keys, or spreading info on how to do defraud Daybreak, they will be banned from here as well.

I hate to editorialize, but this is so over-the-top ridiculous that I can't help but give my opinion. We all agree that professional credit card scammers shouldn't be profiting from Daybreak's hard work, specifically The Broken Mirror expansion pack. But it's likely the majority of the thousands who were banned today didn't scam or chargeback, nor did they know anything about scams or chargebacks. They bought CD-Keys from a third-party (i.e. G2A), or traded in-game items for them, or were gifted them.

3 facts:

a) there's nothing in the TOS/EULA restricting where we can attain expansion keys, which players have been trading without complaint since Kunark (2000).

b) there's ample reason for people to believe the discount keys they attained were legit, including but not limited to prior deep discounts from SOE.

c) the majority of users banned last night did not scam or defraud anyone, but are being punished as if they did.

Based on these facts, Daybreak Games should completely and immediately reverse their punishment for a rule that was never written, apologize for this shortsighted blunder, and credit user's accounts for the game time missed. This is assuming that Daybreak cares about their customers, and isn't acting as a simple extension of Viktor Vekselberg's vast fortune - a man who doesn't even know he owns a game called Everquest.

Also I'd like to say FREE JEREMY HAMMOND. Alright, now I'm done editorializing.

UPDATE 7/1/2016 4:30pm

I've heard from a couple good sources that there was never a "chargeback" in the first place. This was a simple case of arbitrage, where clever sellers were buying TBM keys on Steam for 16k Indonesian Rupiah, which converts out to $1 or $2 USD.

This is rather common in the cd key market, there are even websites that keep tabs on arbitrage opportunities:
https://www.steamprices.com/us/

The sellers abused the Indonesian price for profit by selling these keys to users like us for 3 krono (~$30) and once DBG realized they just blanket banned all the steam codes that were purchased in this currency, and removed all keys from Steam (evidence of the latter can be seen above.) If this is true, then the "chargeback" accusation on your account is a lie.

Another source with knowledge of the "internal conversations" tells me that DBG is not going to reverse the ban. They're going to unban accounts on a case-by-case basis, which will likely take weeks. This news is disheartening and frustrating, especially when noting that Daybreak recently began demanding your original credit card number and original CD key from 1999 as evidence of ownership, pieces of information that many of us no longer have.

UPDATE 7/1/16 6:07pm

Word is now coming in that you have to prove you were the original purchaser of the latest expansion key on your account, by providing the credit card number that made the purchase.

Meaning that: If you bought your key aftermarket (which is the clear majority of users banned last night) you are now banned for life.

I'd like to repeat: there is nothing in Everquest's TOS or EULA restricting where one can buy or trade for an expansion pack, a practice that had been going on since the year 2000 in public channels.

I don't think Viktor Vekselberg cares, or even knows he owns Everquest, but for those of us who have been playing since 1999 today is a very sad day. We have either lost our accounts, or our friends and guildmates have lost theirs.

UPDATE 7/1/16 6:33pm

Crisis averted?

Email many are receiving right now:

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.
We regret to inform you that the account name: XXXXXXXhas been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.
We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

If this is the case, thank you for proving that you care about your customers and can admit a mistake. Thank you Daybreak!

Last edited:
Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

Difference between Locked and Banned:

Locked will give you error 103 on the patcher which says "Your access to this game has been revoked"

Banned or suspended tells you you're banned. Also, while banned, you're unable to login to Daybreak support or their website AT ALL. If you can still login to daybreaks website or support - you're not banned.

For everyone coming to this thread looking for reassurance...

Logically speaking most of us here should be unbanned after we bitch enough to DBG. This is to large scale for them to hold their ground on and keep everyone banned. Literally guilds will disband/break up if they do this that's how many people it looks like have been banned so far and this has only been going on for 5 hours or so. We've already got 100+ people complaining, those are just the ones with more than 1 account that can still log in too.

Last edited:

Thank you, Mr. McGurk

I can login half my crew, so... hello mercs!

I had 2 accounts. 1 says banned and 1 says Error 103. Both had cheap TBM keys purchased and/or heroic bundles.

I had 2 accounts. 1 says banned and 1 says Error 103. Both had cheap TBM keys purchased and/or heroic bundles.

Can you be detailed in the differences between the two accounts? Not even my Silver accounts were banned, but maybe Free to play accounts got banned out of the gate versus just locked.

Error 103: Your access to this game has been revoked.

Anyone run across this error? I get this on some accounts, even accounts that are just Bazaar mules. I have no emails from Daybreak. I rebooted my computer and some accounts were able to log in but some could not.

EDIT: Now all accounts are saying "revoked" even accounts that have never used any codes. All accounts have used MQ2.

The only difference I can think of is the one that is completely banned had Warriors Edge bundles on it. They were both active with time left and both had TBM on it.

- - - Updated - - -

My main account that I actually care about lets me login to the DBG website but shows under membership info that my status is (Everquest:Banned)

The 2nd account will not let me login at all (The one that had TBM and Warriors Edge bundles that were added to it)

My main account that I actually care about lets me login to the DBG website but shows under membership info that my status is (Everquest:Banned)

The 2nd account will not let me login at all (The one that had TBM and Warriors Edge bundles that were added to it)

Did the main account have a cheap TBM key?

2 Accounts i recently did Heroic Entrance keys on were banned within the last few hours. I was on 1 of them earlier this morning. Came back from dinner and they are unable to login. Membership status shows Banned on the account membership page. When i login from the launcher it says: ERROR 103: Your access to this game has been revoked. Contact customer service. If i login around the launcher it says i have no valid subscription.

Did the main account have a cheap TBM key?

It did.

- - - Updated - - -

To be more specific the main account had 2 cheap heroic entrance bundles and a cheap TBM key on it. (This one allows me to login but shows under membership info as Banned)

The 2nd account had TBM and 2 warrior edge bundles on it. (This one is completely banned and will not let me login)

mine says i don't have a sub but i login to the web page an check my sub it says banned

Two accounts of mine currently locked - old old accounts, purchased TBM through DBG on them.

Curious if someone fucked up and hit the wrong button somewhere...

If they don't fix this - they are about to lose a GIIIANT fucking chunk of players.

Maybe they really are trying to close it? lol?

I think the banning wave is still going on. Now when I log into some accounts I can't get in and it states I am banned. Checking all of my accounts.

I got "revoked" are these cheap Tbm keys stolen or something?

Game has went to shit ever since dbg has taken over

Several people reporting purchasing TBM through steam/and or DBG and receiving a ban.

2 accounts that have cheap TBM codes are banned, rest are fine. It looks like it's also effecting people who bought EQ off of steam. So probably a fuck up by someone at DB who managed to ban every single account that had anything 3rd party on it.

I got "revoked" are these cheap Tbm keys stolen or something?

from what I understand a lot of those keys are purchased in countries where it is much cheaper, but who knows. They could be I guess.

I got the error 103 on the EQ launcher, and then was able to select log out and log in again to get access to the game, but now I'm getting the 103 error on launcher and upon login to support, it says account banned.

ONE ACCOUNT THAT GOT BANNED DID NOT HAVE A CHEAP TBM KEY, BUT DID HAVE A CHEAP WARRIORS EDGE KEY

I had slapped a warriors edge bundle on a side account that DID NOT have TBM in any way to make a teleporter for my crew, and that account is also banned.

Bought 3 cheap TBM codes from RG bazaar ( no heroic no bundles) and now have 3 banned accounts. This is pure fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received this email from DBG on one of the above accounts. Which to me implies the cheap TBM coses were being sold from stolen CC purchases.

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that the account name: has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

Chargebacks

We do not take situations like this lightly and have ultimately made the decision to close this account. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Daybreak Games Support

Yeah, I just got the same emails. Not sure if there's any way we are going to get those accounts recovered...

Doesnt explain why i can`t even create a new account. Gives me the same message if i try that too.

Just recieved that email for my other two accounts.
That pretty much ends my EQ career. I should have ny head examined for using thise codes on 12+ yr old accounts.

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that the account name: xXx has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
Chargebacks

We do not take situations like this lightly and have ultimately made the decision to close this account. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Daybreak Games Support

I feel ya JackDaniels. Used codes on a 1999 and a 2003 account. They're actually logged in as of right now, so I'm in the middle of debating whether to pass out my plat and my old items that are no longer in game, or to let them die with my accounts...

I had my new SK banned after buying a heros edge package and tbm code.

I feel ya JackDaniels. Used codes on a 1999 and a 2003 account. They're actually logged in as of right now, so I'm in the middle of debating whether to pass out my plat and my old items that are no longer in game, or to let them die with my accounts...

Just wait to see what happens. I'd be surprised if they kept these bans.

They would be the most ignorant company on the planet if they kept the bans.

I'd be a bit surprised if the bans stay in effect as well. I'm sure there were thousands of codes used, and if they were to uphold that many bans, well it would indeed be that bang of a finish to EQ that Gillybear mentioned. I'll eat a rollback, codes being rescinded or whatnot, but I'll be damned if I'm going to beg and fight DBG to let them take my $45/month.

They would be the most ignorant company on the planet if they kept the bans.

I don't want to put it past them!

We need to make a stink about this.

Tweet to:

@JChanDaybreak
@JCaraker10
@TheWindstalker
@AristoEQ

Post to:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...og-in-says-access-denied.233733/#post-3447412
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest

Let them know what they'll be losing. You were gifted a TBM key from a guildie, you bought one from a friend for a Krono, whatever. Be honest.

Whatever you do, ask if it's worth your guild losing another guildie.

Just for posterity, I am locked out for cheap heroic and cheap tbm key on two verified accounts.

Darn. I just bought and used a simple heroic character code yesterday.
THAT ACCOUNT WAS BANNED.

I just got my emails looks like that are going to be gone for good

mine says i don't have a sub but i login to the web page an check my sub it says banned

Exact same for me on 4 accounts.

Cheap tbm and Warr bundles

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back