• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zone crashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
358¢
Since the patch I have been experiencing zone crashes. In the middle of a fight I will see the network lag indicator drop to zero.... then get logged out to the toon selection screen.
When I log back in... I may (or may not) be where I was when it crashed. Sometimes I end up in a previous location in the zone where I was shortly before the crash.

Its nice that each time there are named up that were not up previously.... but there are usually deaths when trying to get everyone grouped back up.
Most frequently this has happened in Fear Itself and Feerott. This last time it crashed about 20 minutes after the previous crash.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this since the patch update.

Get WinMTR and point it at lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com let it run for like 1000 rounds. See if you're dropping connection to eq servers at any point in time during your test. It'll show up as packet loss.
Or better find your servers address if it's not logging you all the way out. I'm dropping packets at some provider named Zayo to the login server.

I had other toons logged in. One in PoK.... one in the same zone I had a group in. The one in the same zone I was in also was logged out to the toon selection screen. The one in PoK was fine.
Seems to only be the zone my group is in.

Question - Zone crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back