• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - YAGQ (Yet Another Group Question) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
339¢
Greetings!

Putting together a new crew of casters (I normally run melee/hybrids) and am having trouble deciding on a tank.

Planning on running:
3x Wizard for the alliance damage at 101+ and ports
Enchanter - CC and puller
Druid - Healer and ports
Mage OR Beastlord - primarily I'm worried about the mana consumption. I've never run this sort of group so I'm unfamiliar with how much mana regen is going to be an issue. I don't think there's a huge difference in the tanking ability of the 2 pet classes so I'd welcome some input on that too

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks!

If I were putting together another caster group strictly for group content right now I’d probably go Sk/mag/mag/mag/brd/shm

Brd and shm both boost pets and swarm pets. Mages once they get eok plus monster summoning+reclaim energy click basically makes mana a non issue. Could swap 1 mag for 1 necro for synergy boost plus nec swarm pet from spell is in a fairly good spot at end game.

If you're running a druid, there's very little point in counting the wizard ports as a benefit.

SK is probably the best tank in a caster group.

If you want to pet tank instead of PC tank, you should have mages instead of wizards.

Yea, that group comp as you laid it out will be a giant glass cannon. Wiz alliance isn't worth it to be honest in group content. You'd be better off mixing caster classes for synergy benefits and adding in a real tank, either sk or pal. Not that it wouldn't work for like 90% of stuff, it's just that if you hit a mission with mobs that aren't able to be mezzed you'd be in a tough spot.

I honestly do not know how viable a Pet Tank is, been way too long since I tried it. But, I would choose maybe BST because you also get additional healing since you are choosing a DRU which is ranked 5th overall of the 3 healing classes. Yep, math.

3 Wizards...why? I am a firm believer of the Holy Trinity because I can tackle anything the game throws at me basically. A real tank, a real healer, and you have the CC already.

Question - YAGQ (Yet Another Group Question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back