• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Wow, It's been an interesting week. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
So the other night I got a phone call from my Grandmother nothing new. She and I talk all the time, Well I got a phone call on Sunday to find out there is a lump in her back. "Well That's not good" I thought. Got a phone call today to confirm it is cancer. The mass is slightly smaller than a baseball. She has been in my head now for the past few weeks thinking something may be wrong. Then to be told that my suspicion is true is just scary. I will find out more in the next few days as of right now she is starting radiation to help with it. If she did not agree to the radiation she would be paralyzed from the neck down within 5 weeks. I am thankful she has decided to fight this for the 3rd time. I just hope it is the last time she has to. Please if you all could Keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she needs it. She has fought this before I know she can do it again, Right?

Last edited:
Thoughts and prays will be with your Grandmother and your family amigo.

Fuck Cancer, lost my dad to cancer about 18 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that man. Fuck Cancer is correct. May your Father always be remembered as the badass he was for fighting it to his final breath. Respect for anyone who had cancer and beat it and for those who have it and didn't beat it.

Huskey, I'm sorry to hear that she's having to go thru this a 3rd time, I as well am glad to hear that she's going to fight, and I hope that she wins again. I mirror Asmith, thoughts to your family during this time. If you need an ear, most if not all of us are here. Lay it on us if you need to.
#fuckcancer #cancersucks..

@Husky87 May her past strength show you light for you to be strong for her now. I have lost my grandmother and aunt (her daughter) to cancer. I will say prayers for you, for your grandmother and your family.

@AmericanNero My sympathies my friend, I do not know any proper words to say for your loss, your and her family. I hope your life together was one filled with many memories that can carry you until you see her again in some form. If you ever want, simply to offer to talk, message me. May her smile forever be strong in your mind and touch your heart.

AmericanNero sorry to hear about your wife there amigo can't imagine how tough that is for yourself and your family. Wishing you all the best and as everyone says if you need anything just reach out.

This goes to show we don't know what each other is going through in our RLs but we have soo many different people from different tracks of life going through all different things but we all come together over one game. Cant tell how many friends I have made over the years and I can't tell you what they are up to these days, but I also can't say that about majority of my friends from High School or the Navy for that matter. We just need to just love one another and be there to help each other as we can which this community does a damn good job of.

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Cancer sucks ass. My mother died of it. My father had it. My father in law had it. I had it. Even my cat has it.

Yea cancer can go right off the deep end. My dad had no less than 3 cancers Melanoma x 1 and Prostate x2 which should be impossible, and my sister had breast cancer. They both survived, my dad lived for 15+ years after that last cancer and my sister is doing fine. Sorry to hear about your grandmother Husky, and Nero I am sorry to hear that, loss of family is hard and never gets easier really.

Update: She now has stage 4 cancer... As far as I know so far there is little to nothing they can do it help. What do I do now? She is across the country and its not like I can just get a ticket to go see her again... UGH How did this week turn to be sooo shitttyy!!!!!.

IRL - Wow, It's been an interesting week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back