• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Working /warp for new EQ (1 Viewer)

odessa

RedCents
190¢
Use the real warp now!

Ok since many of you don't get it let me put it in bold letters here :)

THIS IS NOT A PRECOMPILE OF MQ2!

Update: I enabled a 'dirty' chatwindow output for this so now you can see writechat text.

Update: I updated a whole bunch of offsets just in case. I also got rid of MQ2 /alt so you can do your /alt activate properly. I don't want to delete all mq2 commands because maybe some will work :)

I know how many of you have 'warp withdrawals' so I decided to release this.
The commands supported are:
/warp loc y,x,z
/warp last
/warp succor
/warp wp
/waypoint add name
/waypoint delete name
/waypoint list

Remember, this is not a fullblown MQ2, this is a part of my own version of MQ2 and a custom warp plugin. Hope you enjoy.

If something is 'broken' there isn't much you can do but unload MQ2 to do it, lots of changes in EQ and I did change vital offsets but the rest are still broken so things can screw up.

Last edited:
Marry me Odessa....Marry me!!! I will give you sweet monkey passion!!!!!!!!!!!!

=)

Marry me Odessa....Marry me!!! I will give you sweet monkey passion!!!!!!!!!!!!

/cheer for Odessa this month

Only thing that could make this better is the source.

/wink /wink

Source doesn't matter, until dkaa fixes MQ not many people would have a clue what to do. There's a reason you never see what I just did here, everyone waits for MQ2 team. Trust me when I say there's been HUGE changes in eq.

no warp target and no chat output kinda sucks but I'll live with it.

edit - nvm forgot the spawn struct changed a lot so target info not avail prolly.

Pretty much every major structure has changed, don't expect things to be the same. As I said this is a completely watered down MQ2 that I pretty much only use to inject my DLLs into EQ.

Since it has /warp wp, does it have /waypoint list and /waypoint add? Suppose I ought to just try it to find out, but it'll be a while before I can get in game.

And this has the various memchecks updated??

I miss the map more than anything, just seeing where the mobs are all the time. I could live without mq if not for that. lol

what all can we do with this? just warp around? hehe, id like to get my afk bard macro running again =D hes stuck on 28 atm and i havent done anything with em =D

Thanks Odessa. Good thing I voted for you :)
I must admit, what I miss the most is zonewide /target (being a healer) and my HUD, but I'm guessing /target doesn't work just yet due to the major changes?

I get wrong version when i try and run it. I have downloaded it a few times. Eq comes up fine without it. Sorry for the inconvience.

Just type "/warp succor" if you wanna know if it works :)
Works fine here, but I don't warp that much, so I'll just sit back and wait for DKAA to fix MQ :) *throws a donation to DKAA*

EvenLessSpam said:
Thanks Odessa. Good thing I voted for you :)
I must admit, what I miss the most is zonewide /target (being a healer) and my HUD, but I'm guessing /target doesn't work just yet due to the major changes?

Yeah that's the problem, I can fix it but I've spent all my free time looking into a new /zone. Zone as you know it is gone and since dkaa has nothing to do with it (but he will fix /target) someone else has to find a way.

This works, just doesn't have a mq2chat window that ive seen. any chance u can put macros in it to let it work like RH macro for example ? please :) thanks in advance either way, very nice work.

tnfisherman said:
This works, just doesn't have a mq2chat window that ive seen. any chance u can put macros in it to let it work like RH macro for example ? please :) thanks in advance either way, very nice work.

this is not a precompile, forget that it's called MQ2, think of it as being called WARP if it helps you understand better.

Anyways, nice job odessa on getting us out a quick warp. Just wanted to let you know however I was having problems using /alt activate when using your precompile. The actual aa hotkeys seemed to work fine, but whenever I would manually punch in /alt activate # I would ctd almost automatically..

Sare

Sare said:
Anyways, nice job odessa on getting us out a quick warp. Just wanted to let you know however I was having problems using /alt activate when using your precompile. The actual aa hotkeys seemed to work fine, but whenever I would manually punch in /alt activate # I would ctd almost automatically..

Sare

I knew there were side effects :)
It's just that I intercept lots of stuff and didn't fix all the offsets there are.

Sare said:

Sare

It will work now, I got rid of MQ2 /alt

Mochila said:
Odessa, bit by bit would you be able to piece together a fully working MQ2?

I can but I won't since that's a waste of time. If dkaa quit I would do it.

Mochila said:
What exactly needs to be changed in this version compared to all the others....Just more structs need updating?

Well not exactly, but structs and offsets are the most important parts. I got all the vital offsets and didn't bother with others (by the way if anyone has eqgame.h that they think is proper I would like to see it). Structs are tougher but still nothing too special.

Mochila said:
Err....do you have to have a good understanding of ASM?

well, it really, really, really helps :)

if you don't know asm you are very limited in what you can do but if properly trained you can do some things.

odessa said:
well, it really, really, really helps :)

if you don't know asm you are very limited in what you can do but if properly trained you can do some things.

odessa, the GOD, plz oh plz can you teach a not so knowing disciple? :D

i mean is there a guide to learn such knowledge?

Working /warp for new EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back