• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Why won't my wizard engage, RGMercs (1 Viewer)

I would start by just deleting that character's .ini from your macro folder and letting it recreate it when you fire it up. This is pretty straight forward. From the VeryVanilla tab on RG Launcher click Open MQ Folder - Macros - Rgmercs - PCinis - Your character name will be on the end of the file you want to delete --- Don't worry, it will immediately recreate it as default when you start it next time.

Make sure you have the tank set as main assist (bard and zerker assisting, so you're probably fine there). Make sure you have whatever spells its spitting out at you that it needs when you first start it.

Each time you start RGmercs on any character, make sure you are targeting whoever your main assist is, as well. It uses the in group roles for various things, but this is generally best practice. If you ever start using KissAssist at all you'll need to do this as well, and you'll already have been doing it so it won't be an adjustment. Just add a line in a social for it - Example being pressed from character, but you can broadcast this through EQBC, of course.
/target YourMA Name /pause 15 /rgstart

After you let it recreate your ini, make sure your assist percent isn't set too low. By default it should be pretty high, so that shouldn't be it, but just double check.

Last edited:
This worked, thanks!

Happy to help - I want to give you another unrelated tip.

I see you do not have any redcents. That means you are not using your Redcent Reacts every day. As a level 2, you get 4 a day that you can react to people which gives them redcents, but it also Gives You 1 redcent for each one you use. It's a way to reward people for being active on the forums and helping, and it also helps you in the process. You can use accumulated redcents to maintain your level 2.

Don't feel like you need to give them to me for helping, I have plenty. This is not an attempt to solicit redcents. I just wanted you to be aware of how that feature works, as it's not obvious at first when you're new, and you and the community as a whole can benefit from it.

Problem - Why won't my wizard engage, RGMercs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back