• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which would you pick for a farming group? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
810¢
A.)100 war, 98 Bard, 80 cleric, 90 mage, 85 mage , 75 rogue ( my original character for 6 years in the beginning). Anything wrong with this group ? Alternatively, I could swap one of the mages for 85 zerker I have never played.
B.)That grp = 100 war,98 bard, 84 cleric, 85 mage, 75 Rogue, and 85 zerker.

The above groups are only to farm stuff- and get alittle exp on off hours. So is it A or B

Note My main grp not much ahead of these guys but they are all over 110 -

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
24,657¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Is this a question? Suggestion?

Your posts title doesn't give anything (I edited it for you), and the contents don't really either :p are you asking which would be better? For what? What are you trying to farm?

You appear to have your bases covered, tank, heal, cc - should strong consider getting everyone caught up to each other. Hard to "farm" with such disparity.

Either of them are fine - but you should likely focus on getting them xp > farming

One Cool Trick

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
543¢
A.)100 war, 98 Bard, 80 cleric, 90 mage, 85 mage , 75 rogue ( my original character for 6 years in the beginning). Anything wrong with this group ? Alternatively, I could swap one of the mages for 85 zerker I have never played.

The above groups are only to farm stuff- and get alittle exp on off hours. So is it A or B

A) if you choose this one, I'd probably grab another mage and drop the rogue (get the alliance dps and another mage dps which is pretty nice already, but more pets/swarms = more dps for all of them)
B) I actually prefer this one because I favor Melee and you could either enjoy the mage for COTH and his good dps as a solo caster OR add a monk for the Master's Aura since you CC is the bard... ripostes and extra defense is yummy too :)

Just my two [red] cents.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
24,657¢
Pronouns
He/Him
A) if you choose this one, I'd probably grab another mage and drop the rogue (get the alliance dps and another mage dps which is pretty nice already, but more pets/swarms = more dps for all of them)
B) I actually prefer this one because I favor Melee and you could either enjoy the mage for COTH and his good dps as a solo caster OR add a monk for the Master's Aura since you CC is the bard... ripostes and extra defense is yummy too :)

Just my two [red] cents.
Unfortunately no alliance at this level range.

RedCents
2,444¢
For the mages there is a soecific Lua available to gain mana, once there are low on mana.
You may want to look for the Lua „MM“. It will suspend your pet and cast „Monster Summoning“ and use a clicky to destroy it, gaining mana in the process.
You need to farm the clickyStaff of elemental Mastery:Earth or alike with „Reclaim Energy“, and upgrade The AA related to the amount of mana gained back in the process.

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢

Sorry I am late to the party. Using the general / EQ blueprint of:

1) Tank
2) Healer
3) CC
4) DPS
5) DPS
6) Utility / aDPS

Both groups are viable. If you are looking to tweak the group a bit, you might consider Beastman’s suggestion and add a beastlord. Personally, I have a group with mage x2 and a beastlord, and others might argue that bard, melee x2 and beast lord is more optimal. Either way, perhaps consider swapping a beastlord into either group and, my personal thought is that, you won’t go wrong. One last thing, as others have said here and in many other threads, please do not AFK farm. It draws attention to not only you but also the whole community.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Question - Which would you pick for a farming group?

Users who are viewing this thread