• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which Characters to use (1 Viewer)

Trila

RedCents
790¢
I have a 97 SK and a 96 SHM. Would it be better to use 3 Mages which I do have all around level 90+.?

Or would it be better to make a Bard and 2 Zerks which I don't have yet to go along with the SK and SHM?

I do have other characters at 95 like a Cleric and Wizards, but I would like a group strong enough to handle tough fights for group content.

I also do have a 7th account with a Wizard that can nuke outside the group if needed.

Why does have to be either/or? Do both situations - and any other you feel like.
You'll probably want some CC - bard or enchanter. Shaman has some utility for this with their AE root if you are manually controlling it, but no comparison to a bard or enchanter.

Yeah I could make both setups and see which I like better.

Would have to level them all up for ones I do not have cause I am not to keen on spending $40 I think to buy a Heroic toon.

In your particular case? I would SHD/SHM - Add the ENC as a new account, and use the 3 MAG. This is the shortest route for fun. Longer route would be more synergy. Bring balance to the force.

Enchanter dps is not insignificant, but crowd control and buffs are in fact the main draw, but they can debuff your targets too. There is a minor exp boosting aura only from enchanters. I like to say that enchanters are the key that unlocks EQ. This is simply due to how you will often have to deal with multiple targets. With an enchanter, and to a lesser degree, a bard - you can handle very large groups of targets. The buffs are very good - haste and mana regen are critical to keep your dps and kill your targets quickly.

I have a 97 SK and a 96 SHM. Would it be better to use 3 Mages which I do have all around level 90+.?

Or would it be better to make a Bard and 2 Zerks which I don't have yet to go along with the SK and SHM?

I do have other characters at 95 like a Cleric and Wizards, but I would like a group strong enough to handle tough fights for group content.

I also do have a 7th account with a Wizard that can nuke outside the group if needed.
I would 100% recommend you doing a bard with the SK and SHM you already have, beyond that, it's a matter of what you prefer or care to play... as for a suggestion, I would recommend a BL, Zerk, and then either Rog/Monk/Pal (for different reasons); if you don't want to level up more toons, you could use the cleric as dps (using the contravention line of spells) and the wizard as well...

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

I would 100% recommend you doing a bard with the SK and SHM you already have, beyond that, it's a matter of what you prefer or care to play... as for a suggestion, I would recommend a BL, Zerk, and then either Rog/Monk/Pal (for different reasons); if you don't want to level up more toons, you could use the cleric as dps (using the contravention line of spells) and the wizard as well...

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)
You are suggesting he makes a BRD, he makes a BST, and he makes a BER. All fine and dandy, but he literally has all of the toons he needs to start today with SHD,SHM,ENC,MAG x 3. Still a good group that will rock group content.

I would 100% recommend you doing a bard with the SK and SHM you already have, beyond that, it's a matter of what you prefer or care to play... as for a suggestion, I would recommend a BL, Zerk, and then either Rog/Monk/Pal (for different reasons); if you don't want to level up more toons, you could use the cleric as dps (using the contravention line of spells) and the wizard as well and/or the 3 mages...

I misread THAT part :P... that said, but he did ask if it would be "better"... for bard and 2 Zerks, which I don't think is "better"... so I offered what I would consider "better" LOL... but I did at the end of my suggestion say IF he didn't want to level up more toons :P...

Question - Which Characters to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back