• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - when to buy one time access for AA (1 Viewer)

dman2509

RedCents
742¢
Hey all,

I'm running a 6box and 3 of them are gold accounts, the other 3 are F2P (mage,ranger,cleric). About to hit level 100 on the toon squad and wondering if that was a good level to buy gold for one month for the F2P toons just for AA. Looking for input.

TIA.

im fairly positive that once your gold runs out you return to a limited 1000 AA and are capped at lower levels of stuff. They may have changed this.. Ill go look on my silver account real quick.

OK you are capped at 1000, but while gold you can max whatever and keep those abilities once you go silver again. The gains in auto AA would be HUGE for a silver account. IMO also what you can earn, so ide say go for it.

Last edited:
If you're trying to maximize, then go as far as you can until you hit a wall or things get really slow and then do it. But if you're not trying to maximize, go whenever.

Bit of a complicated question. Depends on what XPAC you have purchased on the toons, and how your gold accounts are doing with the content.

Currently you get auto-grant to level 110. So if you can, I would wait till at least then to pop your krono (or whatever you use). But remember - you can only earn additional AA's while gold. So ideally you would max your chars level first (allowing you to buy the AA's) then use the month to get as many additional non-granted AA's as you can (at 100% AA).

Personally, assuming you have ToL, I would get to at least level 115 by leeching off your gold accounts (run missions and quests), then pop the AA auto-grant. The exception being if your cleric is having trouble, in which case you might want to go earlier on that char.

I rotate. So I have a third spot open spot each month and one of the crew gets it and goes paid and gets all the auto grants. Then I work on that one character getting any more AA that I can use for the tradeskills. Maybe get a level if things go right.

And the end of his month, I let him go Silver. If using a krono you can just let it expire. If your using a credit card you need to pay for one month and then cancel so you don't get charged for the next month if you forget. You will still get the full month you paid for.

And if your using a credit card then chances are you will NOT go back to Silver, unless you went in as Silver.

That is why Most folk use Krono because that payment method allows you to get that Silver Access when the Krono expires.

The next month another character gets a chance. rinse, repeat.

I usually start Auto grant around level 80-85 - there are a lot of good AA you can use before level 110 that will help you get further. Just my way of playing.

If you go back to F2P or Silver you will keep all the AA you earn during the time you were paid. You cannot earn more because you will be over the cap allowed for F2P and Silver. HOWEVER if you go paid again, say 10 levels above what you did the first time then you will again earn all the AA up to whatever level you are at now.

Of course this can vary as sometimes I will leave one on paid for a few months while I am building up the levels on everyone.

Question - when to buy one time access for AA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back