• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - What would cause “ghost crash?” (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,271¢
Heya buds,

Been having an issue with “ghost crashes” the last month or so - a crash where there’s no error message/pop-up, the instance is still running, but the window is frozen and the character is offline. I haven’t really changed MUCH - I have my framelimiter bgfps at 5, and I’m rendering the scene in the background.

For other software, I run KA on all toons, no MQ2melee, and the Lua programs I run are Boxhud, Buttonmaster and HunterHUD. It seems to mostly happen on my Shaman and Ranger… like 90% of the crashes, if that means anything.

I closed out of basically all programs in my taskbar to see if maybe there was something interfering, but it still seems to happen sporadically.

Plz halp! Anyone have this?

this has been happing to me since i DL new ATI drivers in jan. Its sporatic, and doesnt seem tied to MQ, ive had it on just EQ accounts also.
Hmmmm i think i did an nvidia update… but there’s also a whole lot of “not sleep” happening with my kids lately, so it’s all a blur 😂 I’m wondering if maybe I max out my video card settings? They’re on “balanced” now, if that matters

Problem - What would cause “ghost crash?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back