• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What to do now? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,352¢
So I am getting close to EQ burnout. I have my 6 man crew, but only my 2 paid accounts have NoS. I have not finished all of ToL, I have Bloodfields left. My question is what should I do? I am aware of my crew's ability and I am able to only beat Shei in ToL. Yes there is room for improvement with gear, and I plan on doing that, but I have a feeling if I do a gear only grind it will just increase the burnout. I have recently started a crew on Zek and although that is providing some novelty, the population on Zek (or lack thereof) won't keep me engaged long.

I have a crew on FV that is 110. Should I just focus that crew so I can start farming for Krono so I can sub all the accounts? I have a feeling if I can sub the 4 free accounts that I can accomplish so much more, but the question remains will I be able to farm effectively on FV?

My current crew is as follows on live server:

Paladin (gold), bard / enchanter (ftp), berzerker (ftp), berzerker / shaman (ftp), berzerker (ftp), cleric / beastlord (gold). All of the ftp accounts have been autogranted.

FV:

Paladin (gold), Bard (ftp), Magician (ftp), Necromancer (ftp), Beastlord (ftp), Cleric (gold). All of the ftp accounts have been autogranted.

HI i have a 6 box crew on firona vie all with nos. you can do collectables and missions and stuff sells well in bazaar. I think you should try it out if you have the funds.

So I am getting close to EQ burnout. I have my 6 man crew, but only my 2 paid accounts have NoS. I have not finished all of ToL, I have Bloodfields left. My question is what should I do? I am aware of my crew's ability and I am able to only beat Shei in ToL. Yes there is room for improvement with gear, and I plan on doing that, but I have a feeling if I do a gear only grind it will just increase the burnout. I have recently started a crew on Zek and although that is providing some novelty, the population on Zek (or lack thereof) won't keep me engaged long.

I have a crew on FV that is 110. Should I just focus that crew so I can start farming for Krono so I can sub all the accounts? I have a feeling if I can sub the 4 free accounts that I can accomplish so much more, but the question remains will I be able to farm effectively on FV?

Paladin (gold), bard / enchanter (ftp), berzerker (ftp), berzerker / shaman (ftp), berzerker (ftp), cleric / beastlord (gold). All of the ftp accounts have been autogranted.

FV:

Paladin (gold), Bard (ftp), Magician (ftp), Necromancer (ftp), Beastlord (ftp), Cleric (gold). All of the ftp accounts have been autogranted.
To be real honest here, I feel like you should be more than capable to do ALL the missions with what you have available.

PAL, SHM, BRD, BL, ZERK, ZERK is a really strong setup, THOUGH I would recommend dropping ONE of the berzerkers and replacing it with something that brings another synergy and/or aura for the melee... i.e. monk/rogue (or you can change to SK MT and paladin as dps/offheals... maybe THEN you would find some more fun in the game and be able to conquer more content.

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

I get burned out too; usually I keep my tank subbed + rotate one of my DPS for AA if I need them, so my group is normally fairly gimpy. About once a year or so, I'll sub everyone and see what I can do with the DPS boost. EQ isn't necessarily fun; MQ is. Here are the various grinds I rotate between rather than burning out on one thing:

During subs
Grind AAs (if applicable)
Push to progression in latest expansions
Farm latest expansion currency for T5 augs
Gear group

F2P (or tank-only subs)
Old (2+) expansion aug farming
Old (2+) expansion progression
Farm older expansion currency for big bags (if needed) &/or T5 augs
Tradeskill 350 (fast burnout)
Farm old zones for the above goal; get to see zones I wouldn't otherwise visit
Organize my banks (fast burnout)
New alts for whatever reason
Make bags for alts (20-slot general, 32-slot TS)
Work on old collections
Work on old hunter achievements
Accidentally obtain old chase loot that has no value
Playing around with MQ stuff
Playing around with fixing meshes
DON faction AAs
Artisan's Prize quests (POP prog, Eron's jewelry, Coldain Shawls for TSA quest)
Farm clickies
Farm hero's forge pieces and play dress up

Working on old progression for heroic AAs is pretty fun and relaxing (except for Cavern of Endless Song). IIRC, you start at COTF and work your way forward from there. F2P characters do earn the heroic AAs. Maybe take a break to tackle all the efficiencies or additions in your MQ setup to achieve your goals. One thing you'll see people recommend frequently when players ask about why their group is struggling is to go get their heroic AAs, augs, etc.

Last edited:
On your main crew, deff find a friend or two, can do Eok, RoS events if your looking for challenges. For FV, there is a huge population, and always farm *stuff*. Being 110 will put some limits on it, but TBL veil goes for 1kr a spot, so can make a kr or 5 per day. EoK, RoS, ToV paragon sells. As mentioned collectables. Epic pieces (alot are tradable, so can get 100s of K plat, then buy KR).. twink gear sells VERY overpriced, so not hard to farm a few million a week.

In closing, farm FV for plats/KR to up your main crew to paid on your other server?

FV:

Hey there, I am just coming back to the game after almost 3 years. All my characters are level 110. Can you recommend a six box macro that works incredibly well? SK, polar, and Tank, enchanter, clerk, to berserkers, one rogue.

Hey there, I am just coming back to the game after almost 3 years. All my characters are level 110. Can you recommend a six box macro that works incredibly well? SK, polar, and Tank, enchanter, clerk, to berserkers, one rogue.
check out the CWTN/SIc plugins, they are super easy and manage the entire group easily

FV:

i went through this and left the game for a year, came back and went to a different low pop server and started a new 2box and been doing ALL of planar progressions, then gonna skip GOD and move into next expansion and u nd do the progression in each

I don't have any suggestions but I feel ya.

I am trying to think of some new things to do once I finish my current project. The two front runners right now are: 1) play the game (6-box) from lvl 1 to rediscover the old word; or 2) make a completely different crew and finish the expansions from maybe rof onward.

If I go with the level 1 option, I may not even use the baz--just go slow and enjoy.

I hope you find something that works for you. GL

I feel this hard. Back in the day, relationships are what kept me playing EQ, and while MQ is awesome and has opened up the possibility of even playing a large portion of the game these days, it also does lend itself a bit to being antisocial. Partly because you don't need others (apart from raiding), and also because of the paranoia.

Best advice is to find others and try and start raiding. Easier said than done though. I've been on the lookout for quite awhile, with limited success.

I feel this hard. Back in the day, relationships are what kept me playing EQ, and while MQ is awesome and has opened up the possibility of even playing a large portion of the game these days, it also does lend itself a bit to being antisocial. Partly because you don't need others (apart from raiding), and also because of the paranoia.

Best advice is to find others and try and start raiding. Easier said than done though. I've been on the lookout for quite awhile, with limited success.
So sad and sooooo true

FV:

Collects have some NICE bags and flags.

FV:

Take your Paladin through Heros Journey, some relaxed questing. Load up hunterhud and kill of any nameds for hunter on the way.

On your main crew, deff find a friend or two, can do Eok, RoS events if your looking for challenges. For FV, there is a huge population, and always farm *stuff*. Being 110 will put some limits on it, but TBL veil goes for 1kr a spot, so can make a kr or 5 per day. EoK, RoS, ToV paragon sells. As mentioned collectables. Epic pieces (alot are tradable, so can get 100s of K plat, then buy KR).. twink gear sells VERY overpriced, so not hard to farm a few million a week.

In closing, farm FV for plats/KR to up your main crew to paid on your other server?
How are you getting the veil multiple times? Or did you mean you're doing it on other characters?

Quick update. So I ended up starting a new character on a different server and am having fun leveling that one up, it has given me a nice change of pace and it no longer feels like a chore. I still raid on my original server, but I only log in for raids. Thanks for the advice such a helpful community.

Quick update. So I ended up starting a new character on a different server and am having fun leveling that one up, it has given me a nice change of pace and it no longer feels like a chore. I still raid on my original server, but I only log in for raids. Thanks for the advice such a helpful community.
you doin the pure "by myself" thing or have a buddy?

I really enjoy the 1-3 buddies to eq with

Right now I am playing with a buddy, but he is on vacation so it's just me for a few days. I am just taking it slow. I think much of my burnout has come from trying to get 120 to start doing the "fun" stuff then going back to doing the needed stuff when it is trivial. This time I am not doing that.

When I hit the burnout phase, I generally do things like charitable things in game for other players. Help a tradeskill person collect supplies. Or give plat to newbies. Or even craft some items for people in PoK. If you remember it's about community, there are endless things to get engaged in.

Yea I was offering to PL people for free but it is always crickets or people wanting me to get them from 115 - 120. I always try to help people out even when I am not experiencing burnout.

Discussion - What to do now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back