• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - What do you do on patch days? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
So curious as to what people do when patch day happens.

Do you still play EQ and work on other things? Take a break? Play other games? Gain family faction?

I personally don't play EQ on patch days with the exception if I need to clear out bags and move items around. Otherwise I tend to play other games (SC2, Stellaris, check out PS4 games) and gain faction with loved ones (like taking a cat nap....with my cat!)

This is the time I use to make new toons if needed, get all the test copies done and initial setups for once VV is back up and running. And cleaning out bags/bank is a good thing to take care of as well with this downtime lol.

I used to rush and try and log on ..... and then it happened.

/darkpaw games happened

/servers crash
/servers come up
/servers get brought down for emergency patch
/servers come up
/servers get rolled back !!! .. what a waste of 5 hours !!
/servers get brought back down..... sometime between 8-11 pm CST they might come back up for a few days.. if we are lucky

So all in all, the standar 6 hr patches are pretty consistant 12-24 _ total outages more patches then not this year.

Has there being a patch recently where we could play and VV was not ready ? last few times it was patch crash down down crash.

When I was waiting on VV to be out I cleaned bags, equipped toons with new gear/swapped augs (all those things that cannot really be automated)

IRL - What do you do on patch days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back