• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • You've been invited to attend the 2nd annual "EverQuest Software Awards"

Question - weather

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
12,539¢
Ok thanx just asking not sure what a hack would be or not
there's a bit of fuzzyness in some places, but you can *kind of* think of it this way

"is this something i could/should be able to do normally" - if so, probably not an active hack --- like we can /travelto and run zone to zone --- this we can do manually, it just does it for us to save time

"is this something i can't do normally" - if so, probably an active hack --- like we can't warp around or go through walls and such normally --- so this would be an active hack

(obviously not saying that druids who can turn off raid are hacking, but you get the idea --- a warrior can't manipulate the rain with his normal toolkit)

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
12,539¢
Is there a TLO / datatype that shows weather state? Not sure if that is useful though.
CurrentZone maybe here with SkyType?

Edit nope, skytype just means is there a sky or not i guess?

hrm - there is RainChance, RainDuration, SnowChance, SnowDuration, some fog info stuff - not sure if there are available to Zone tho

RedCents
158¢
Orb of Calm Tides can turn OFF or ON rain..... I'm not a programmer by ANY STRETCH of the imagination, but Im sure you can set an alert when the zone emote says "it begins to rain" and then have the orb clicked ... or vise versa

works with snow too

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
12,539¢
lol yeah, i literally said not druids because i knew someone would mention it.

but a warrior couldn't turn off the rain without it being an active hack =p