• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Warrior Hotbars (1 Viewer)

If you reinstalled and lost your hotbars, you're probably better off re-creating them yourself. Warriors have so many abilities and ways to stack them that somebody else's setup won't match yours, particularly if they've done custom tank macros and keybinds. My warrior's hotbar setup is by far the most screen invasive of any of my toons, they just have a lot of abilities that you might want to single press at any moment.

If you just acquired or PL'd a 110 warrior, I'd suggest you start reading your way through the links in this How to Warrior post. Warrior's disc/AA mitigations work in different ways and you need a basic understanding of each type to know when to press them and what effectively stacks.

When I PL'd my warrior and was ready to try tanking, I set up about 6 full hotbars + the combat ability window + one extra hotbar of macro's to start/stop KA functions. I moved any AA ability with timer to a hotbar, plus organized the combat ability list by timer type, then pulled out the highest level of each defensive timer to a hotbar button.

If you're planning to let KissAssist do your tanking, then you can just grab one of the 110 warrior ini files and get started. Assuming you have gear appropriate for the area you're grinding, any of the warrior ini's can do basic trash tanking and handle a named every 30 minutes. I run something similar to Vivviv's 110 warrior.

Last edited:
i pretty much have a hotbar full of common (hit all the time) buttons. can be keybound if u want to go that way, then i have a hot bar of the "big" agros. along with the 4 aoe agros. after that i have my defensive hotbar. then my offensives, then my heal clickies and aas, then my utility clickies and aas, finally i have my buffs

You can see my Warrior's hotbars in this thread:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/quick-tip-on-setting-up-hotkeys.67005/

How it works is like this:

My Warrior is very automated, I barely need to do anything, so I moved everything that gets automatically used to other pages so that my page 1 is clear for stuff I need to use regularly.
Starting from the bottom row at the left, I have the melee icon because I like lots of indications whether I'm fighting or not. Then I have my 3 main taunts that I use to pull with (if I am pulling manually), and they get used automatically mid combat too. The Stout Defense button is there just so I can see how quick it is getting used automatically. Attack!!! doesnt actually do anything anymore. The rest are MQ2 commands, move to me, all follow me, etc.

The next row up I have a few things that aren't automated. Call of Challenge I could move because that is automated now too... but the ones either side of it I only use manually to push or pull the enemy if I want to reposition it a bit. Rampage and Area Taunt are automated but I like to be able to click them sometimes myself too. The rest of that row doesn't do much.

Almost the entire top 2 rows are just MQ2 commands. Invis group, drop invis, levi group, pacify my target, evac now, coth me, start/stop my warrior's macro, set all group mates to click "never" when looting, etc.

That is mostly it. I have a few other things on page 2 that I use, like my button to have everyone click a door, but this is mostly it.

Request - Warrior Hotbars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back