• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warping to 6000 z-axis to kill mobs (beware of the ban stick) (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Two of my accounts were banned using this. Don't do it. Fair warning if you care about your accounts...which I obviously don't.

Last edited:
May i ask when you did it last? Just wondering if there was a delay in the action being taken or whether you were caught in the act etc.

Sucks, sorry to hear you lost your acc's.

I can see /who all GM not working but in zone /who gm will see through anything. ie: GM event in pok last night turning Mask in for better mask. I couldn't /target lady xxxx or /tell lady xxxx but I could /who GM and see that she was a lvl 60 enchanter not a NPC roaming PoK.

Is there ways a GM can go undetected with the gm check?

No offense with signature line :)

darkeros said:
Two of my accounts were banned using this. Don't do it. Fair warning if you care about your accounts...which I obviously don't.
did you get banned for using it in Chardok?

People stay out of high end gates its a death trap same with high end OoW... I've done z-warping and ghost killing in various areas but I dont let the GoD and OoW loot tempt me. Never z-loc'd or ghost killed either of the high-end GoD and OoW and still have my 6 accounts and I've cleared some decent shit :P Another key thing if there is anyone in zone at all pull out don't know what programs they're running. They could be running mq2 and /target the mob you're on and see that you're ghost killing it and report you. Ironic that you get banned from a 3rd party software user reporting you for the samething isn't it?
I also watch guides and Gm's and their movement if I see a GM-Admin even log on I usually go do something more legit and less obvious. Rumor is that there is only 1 GM that handles these issues so stay low and you should be fine.

best advice, do be retarded like me and ask for a name change and then go circle kite in hoh ROFL
GM poped in and was like

GM DETECTED!!
GM DETECTED!!

:GM:"What are you doing?"
:GM:"Are you there?"
:GM:"Are you there?"
(im sitting there doing a perfect circle right infront of him)
:Me:"Yah One Sec finishing a kite"
/mac off
/twist off
/circle off
/docrack off
/unload
:Me: "you here to help me with my name change?"

:GM:Be honest with me, are you macroing?
(shitting pants now)

:ME: Erm, Macro's dont even exist in everquest .. right?

..Then i went ld, i think the gm was testing me even though i had unloaded mq already..

then he asks my other charecter, "is your friend macroing?"
so then i get back in and i guess the test probably came out positive cause he asked me..

:GM:"I think your macroing"

:ME: "Nah man i wouldnt do sh*& like that..."

... Ld again, while logging in again i say

:Me on alt: "why is it lding him so much, are you lding him? he wants to know whats up with it bro..."

:GM: "Im not lding him."

:Me: "Want me to tell him to log in?"

:GM: "Yes do that"

:ME: "Ok im logging him in now"

Anyway i log him in, and all the people i were with had all been kicked out of eq.. (he prolly ran tests on them cause they were running mq also)

and now i keep seeing mobs turn around my back and face me, lol gm has been watching me all day he is ruthless..

In conclusion, dont petition and hack lol

just point out the auto-circle in everquest. go forward, hold down a turn button and hit enter

I have one of my accounts suspended. What I don't get is the fact that only one was. I was two boxing and a friend was with me also. Of the three accounts, only the one was suspended. DOn't know yet if I'll get banned. We were ghosting and z axis killing. My email I replied back asking to see the logs or resources or whatever. I doubt they'll show me, but it was worth a shot.

Also, we were mostly doing it in instanced zones. Ikki group trials and such.

I never got sent a tell or anything. When we were done for the night I /camped my ranger planning on just logging out and back in to set my bard macroing for the night. When I /camped it went all the way out to the login though and the suspension message just popped up.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to travel anywhere within a zone without risk of harm. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to suspend your account with review for termination. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_EULA.jsp

BY PRESSING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE AMENDMENT TO THE USER AGREEMENT AND SOFTWARE LICENSE BELOW. BY PRESSING THE "DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR RETAILER REGARDING ITS RETURN POLICY FOR THE EVERQUEST CD-ROM. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>.

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

We always regret taking any disciplinary action against our customers, so we ask that you please review the above as well as the rest of our policies, which are located at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures regarding the use of third party programs, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire thread of our prior correspondence. Thank you

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:26 PM
To: EQAccountStatus
Subject: Account

I got a message saying this morning that the account was suspended and to contact customer service.

really strange thing happened...
me and a friend and one char boxed leveling in dulak
we were warping and z-axe etc. before we do anything with mq2 we always do a gm check, i noticed no gm was in the list BUT he was in zone doing something, he was invisible, not in the who list and not in the gm list. he was only visible because on the mq map, then he warped to my friends loc and i nearly got a heart attack. but nothing happened.
but i wanted to tell everybody he was not visible, not even by his name if you do a /who all name
so now before we do anything with mq we check the whole map if anybody is hiding there
greetz mr.smith
sorry about bad english

the map has saved my ass many times. I never did and never will rely on /who all gm and especially the ingame gm list command. I have noticed several times that "invisible" player on map that does not show up in any list I check. I know it's not a player since I have SOE on and do not see them. Down side to relying on the map though, is (as stated many times here in redguides) the gm's have the ability to disquise as a mob in the zone you are in. The can show up in your map as just a normal mob and you will never know the difference till that mob walks up to you and asks you that dreaded question........
Best thing I can tell you is study the zone before you wander in and start macro'ing or afk macro'ing. Know the locations of static mobs and the paths of the wandering mobs in the are you will be in. At least then (if you are not afk) you will notice when that 1 mob has ventured out of the standard path line or has suddenly stopped for no reason. Chances are that's the gm.

No matter anymore as this has been nerfed =( so it was fun while it lasted but is no longer a way to kill Big mobs lol

hmm well i had an odd exprence using this with gms (was using ghost with meele deal off cronic with a friend) he was boxing a ranger and a few others, i was using my bard and rog

i was also using equip and had sword of truth and one of them 20 del 100 dam shuricans equip (sword of truth crits about 3kish btw with max bard meele aas lol) and the suricans just crit like a bish (700 tops, but low skill for bards)

my rog was using two of the shuricans also in primary and secondary (low level and did more dps than wit bs)

my rog also had (at 55) a monk epic, lots of time/ele gear off bard that was rotting in bank and the stabber from RSS (one off reseacher iirc)

we did fire minis the mobs in earthB, even some highend oow (did chailak persionaly)

i also did bot towers (for ornate to make money)

well after about 2 weeks of this (rog had ele armor at 55 and such) i get a mail saying they had been suspended.... well i thought that was it was banned lol gone

week later my accounts are back how they were when they got suspended rog still has all her stuff, no roll backs or anyhting

my friend (who i do admit did alot more than me) had his ranger rolled back to when he was last activated, but rest was fine tho he had all but one acc suspended.

of course im sure im being closely moniterd and therefore not gunan mess about with mq2 now (one scares enough for me lol)

i did do any of the warp Z access stuff tho (ghost might be the same i dunno lol not sure how it all works just it does)

fun while it lasted got what i wanted and other than a scare i came through unscathed lol

No, you wouldn't be fine, you'd fall onto the mob and die :) Read the thread, it's been nerfed.

[Edit] Rest of post got cut off... GMs can still see you in instanced zones. The rule is generally /report will get you banned a lot quicker than anything else, but if you keep doing stuff excessively (especially ghost it seems) they'll get you, even in instanced zones.

jmustful said:
/Who will see anything in zone, GM or not. /who All will not see GM in your zone.

hate to bring up another old forum post but /who will not see everything in the zone.. I am an xcsr and /hideme rmvs csrs from any scanners..

i was rmved from the guide program for leading a massive raid on kael around new years on my csr char on lanys.. the account was supposed to be rmved from me 3 months before but they forgot to changed my pass... heh

Rumor is that there is only 1 GM that handles these issues so stay low and you should be fine.

That'd be Viianixis. I was in RSS one day and watched a bard solo feratha and pop Red fire chick with the name Viianixis above her head despawned feratha and suspended the bard

Warping to 6000 z-axis to kill mobs (beware of the ban stick)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back