• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

warning ) to who sell pp (1 Viewer)

leplubo

RedCents
i receive that today and make transaction a month ago like that )

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that we have had to place an official warning on your account. It has come to our attention that your account has recently purchased and received platinum from or sold platinum to an online platinum sales service. Items, characters and coin are intellectual property of Sony Online Entertainment. No matter what the third party online service might say, the purchase or sale of EverQuest accounts, in-game items, coin, and any other intellectual property for real life currency is very much against our rules.

Please review the EULA found at http://support.station.sony.com/

Article 8:

8. We and our suppliers shall retain all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to or residing in the CD-ROM, the Software and the Game, all copies thereof, and all game character data in connection therewith. You acknowledge and agree that you have not and will not acquire or obtain any intellectual property or other rights, including any right of exploitation, of any kind in or to the CD-ROM, the Software or the Game, including, without limitation, in any character(s), item(s), coin(s) or other material or property, and that all such property, material and items are exclusively owned by us.

Article 9:

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

We must warn you now that further violations of our rules and policies will result in action taken upon your account.

Try our online Knowledge Base! http://support.station.sony.com/

When replying to this message please include all previous correspondence.

Well the question obviously would be how did sony find out? Sounds like someone ratted you out. Did you sell or buy plat to get this message? Either way, seems there is no way for them to know unless someone gave them the info. With as many transactions taking place for selling and buying plat, it would be very simple to just tell them you gave a huge chunk of plat to a friend. At least that might explain if they wonder how you had a certain amount of plat one time, then all gone the next.

Well that sucks makin me think twice about sellin plat just to pay fkin sony to play thier game.

I'm sure online sellers dont remake chars every time they transfer plat to someone and they can track plat btw so when they see same toon handing out 100k+ to 9 diff toons getting nothing in return dont you think they would check it out?

Damn the SoE Nazi's are crackin down.

Sony...dont break my nice cycle of make plat....sell plat...pay soe...make plat...not that its worth even close to as much it used to be worth. Already down to 2 accts because 15 bucks a month really sucks when you x4accts x12months x.....too many yrs

12 accounts a month for last 2 years and I paid for it all selling gear and plat. If you can't pay for the game by playing it then I would feel bad about paying to play it. Time to get my mother f+cking movie check......

i selling my plate once only prollly someone have petitioned the man who collecte pp or somethink like that and so easy to trace all transaction and send email like robot to all people who are in relation to this char it is just a warning i do not respond for make attention to my account we see later what happen )

Actually it would be very easy to track....Just log the 5-10 people selling water or other stupid stuff for 1000K and track who buys it and who else they give plat to. I would assume that the people that are selling plat use many accounts...For instance they go to PA and buy 5 accounts, use each character on each account for a few days or a week and turn over the account again on PA. When the ye old $hit hits the fan some other sucker has the account....

You guys are funny. Everything is ID tagged, even the Platinum. Can show from which mob it was, to every hand it exchanged through, to where it is now. If they were to move that ID tag and monitor in bulks, then I'd imagine a few people from that seller got nailed too.

Besides, if the plat seller had ever worked in a pizza joint then they'd realize not to carry more than $20 at any time. All they have to do is launder that money enough that the GM's give up.

I was actually talking to a friend last night about how Final Fantasy, also CSR'd by SoE, how the gil sellers are getting caught...basically to the extent that they watch how much money a player walks out of their Mog House with as a standard checkpoint..like customs...I think I've heard of more bannings for IRL money for In-Game currency on FFXI than any of them.

They changed the MOTD of my server to something like this over the weekend. I wondered what the deal was. I run a macro 24/7 for plat farming. It kinda stinks that they've cracked down on it when they let you do it in eq2.

Sup yall
When buying plat what i do is set a item in the bazaar on my trader for the amount i am buying from a third party and ask the website selling the plat to come and purchase the item from my trader. This way sony could never do anything to my account, I cannot play all day and have had to buy plat to keep up with everyone on my server (zek), and this is the best way to do it. Only use websites with real time chat, this way you can make it clear what you want to have done. just put up some stupid item on your trader. I have purchased over 1 million plat this way.

I'm almost positive that if they can bust you for just accepting money for no good reason that they can bust you for someone buying your pod of water for 100k. Don't fool yourself hehe ... it won't stop me but buyer beware.

If they do these major crackdowns on both MQ and the plat business ... they'll find themselves quickly with too few customers to stay afloat.

on WOW before i quit (again) i gave almost 5000g to a friend , he got suspended from a GM :P

I Guess its a lot of Gold to pass around , so it must've got flagged up. GM checked back and saw that the money was earned by me but not through 24/7 bot farming etc.

Got an apology and my friend got a few days free game time for the time he had out suspended

Spunge16 said:
on WOW before i quit (again) i gave almost 5000g to a friend , he got suspended from a GM :P

I Guess its a lot of Gold to pass around , so it must've got flagged up. GM checked back and saw that the money was earned by me but not through 24/7 bot farming etc.

Got an apology and my friend got a few days free game time for the time he had out suspended

It's good that you had a result. I wonder what the limit is that flags it? 2K or something? Can only speculate.

I agree the day that EQ does a hard ass crack down on MQ2 they will see a ton of accounts closed. I am thinking that most of us now have multiple accounts so they can really only go so far. It comes down to people not being stupid about using mq2 and people who do use it not reporting other people they see using it. That has happen on my server with uber guilds just f'ing with each other......stupid

Peace

It all depends on how they look at it, I am not saying this is the right way to look at it but, they may see it as a potential to get a lot more people back than how many they would lose if they crack down. They may look at it as improving their reputation. It basically all depends, if there are more people that want to MQ or more people that hate it.

lol, well if they do crack down, just from me they'd lose a good 12-15 accounts depending on what they crack down on.

4-5 here and 4-5 from the 20ish folk alone that i know of and game with ... and i don't know that many.

It really adds up. MQ users are much more likely to own more than 2 accounts, and I'd wager that greater than a 3rd of todays avid players use it on some scale.

Sony has a love/hate relationship with our community. They love our money but hate our hacks. If they really wanna crack down, they can kiss 30-50% of their revenues goodbye (which means EQ tanks or becomes a half-shit, going-nowhere game).

I seriously doubt SOE would crack down on plat sales and MQ2. EQ is still their top MMORPG. Even so, they're struggling to keep just over 5% of the market and they really can't afford to lose subscribers in masse.. WoW on the other hand has over 50% market and is growing so Blizzard really doesn't give a crap about banning accounts left and right since their revenue is increasing regardless. A good sign that SOE is willing to do anything to keep/increase their subscriber base is their new service of allowing character transfers across accounts and the opening of the Progression servers. EQ has been getting hacked for years and aside from a few bitchy Fags at the SOE boards, there doesn't seem to be much public outcry. I seriously doubt SOE would shoot themselves in the foot with mass bannings when they're struggling to remain a dominant player in this market. They're just suspending/banning a few accounts here and there of blatant offenders to keep people on edge.

I seriously doubt SOE would crack down on plat sales and MQ2.

They never do. The waves of bannings we're seeing is just a simple exhibition of Sony's knowledge of our exploits. And while they can choose to make an example of whomever they choose, what they fail to realize is that it is only effective against some players in the short term, and that the revenue lost from just making those examples wasn't worth the negligligable impact they had on the MQ2ers.

Eventually they'll catch on, and learn that it's more cost effective to just fix their fucking game. They just have to learn slowly.

warning ) to who sell pp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back