• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Hail Guest, RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla. Join the release party!
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Unzipped downloaded files, which one starts the launcher ?? (1 Viewer)

Irishbarmaid

RedCents
OK, i paid to get the very vanilla launcher/program -- i downloaded a zipped file, extracted it, but which file do I click on to start the thing?

Irishbarmaid

RedCents
the video just says 'start the launcher' but i don't have a shortcut on my desktop to do that, and i don't know which file in the extracted folder to click on to start it

at about 1:40 in the video it says 'click the file to begin installation' -- but my file was zipped and all i could do was extract it.

Sic

"MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher
RedCents
27,779¢
did you install the redguide's launcher?

the video talks about this at like 1:20

Based on your download history, it appears you might have just skipped that part.

so hit that link above and you'll be on your way to success!

Irishbarmaid

RedCents
aha -- ok, i was installing the very vanilla thing -- right, not a computer user by trade, i'm a 'mash the button and get frustrated when it doesn't work' :) sorry and thanks!

Sifter228

Wants to be Nice/Unstable
RedCents
912¢
aha -- ok, i was installing the very vanilla thing -- right, not a computer user by trade, i'm a 'mash the button and get frustrated when it doesn't work' :) sorry and thanks!
Oh so you're just like everyone else here then.
We try to hide that from Sic. Seriously, Sic deals with us. Please, pretend you're not a ten thumbed neanderthal clubbing a computer to death like it's a sabertooth kitten. Like the rest of us.

Irishbarmaid

RedCents
Following the 5th video about 'kiss assist' -- it says go into my very vanilla folder and find the release folder -- i can't find this -- i told my computer to search for 'release' and it found a lot of items, but nothing in a folder about mq2, everquest, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread