• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Unable to use EQ launch pad nor MQ2 to log in. Any suggestions are appreciated. (1 Viewer)

do you have any weird firewall/vpn/internet situation that would be blocking you from the dbg servers? not being able to connect to them would be a big problem

not that I am aware of, I checked the firewall and eq is an allowed app
not that i think those links are particularly useful - but did you check the links the error is giving you?

might be worth a computer and router restart

Its been ongoing issue for about 2 weeks I think. It wasn't until today's patch that she's completely locked out of eq. So a lot of restarts. She also gets the jan 5th mismatch as of today with the mq2 update. I've had her check firewall, restart, load other things to make sure she has internet connection. She's restarting the router now to try that.
I'll have her post a snippet of the link when she gets everything back online

Its been ongoing issue for about 2 weeks I think. It wasn't until today's patch that she's completely locked out of eq. So a lot of restarts. She also gets the jan 5th mismatch as of today with the mq2 update. I've had her check firewall, restart, load other things to make sure she has internet connection. She's restarting the router now to try that.
I'll have her post a snippet of the link when she gets everything back online
well version mismatch is going to happen if you can't update everquest :(

Yeah. I told her that when the problem started. But I am not a computer guy and several hundred miles away. So I've been limited help on fixing the eq problem

these might be easy troubleshooting they can do if its not fixed yet. but I know 2 of my computers did some windows update about 2 weeks ago so maybe a setting got changed thru that for them.

Right-click on the LaunchPad icon and select "Run as Administrator"

Right click the EQ Icon on desktop and select open file location then in the search in upper right type in launchpad and select the launchpad.libs folder. Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.

In case anyone else runs into the issue. The fix that worked -- I found an old eq setup link and sent it to her. She did the repair option or something like that, not a full reinstall. Everything works now.
Did run as admin. Another thing I found said to delete the entire launchpad.libs folder. Which did not work either.

Problem - Unable to use EQ launch pad nor MQ2 to log in. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back