• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Unable to get Dannet to work (1 Viewer)

wintermute787

RedCents
10¢
Hey all, totally new and a bit lost.

I followed the instructional videos, downloaded the redguides launcher, was able to setup my profiles, all good so far. However, when i'm in game, and all my characters are grouped, the commands don't actually do anything. I can see the MQ dialogue box doing things, however the commands aren't actually given to the characters.

I did see this "connect to eqbcs" option in the MQ icon. However, it's just showing me "waiting for connections on port: 2112" not ever connecting. I made sure to turn off my firewall, and still nothing. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong? The install all went smoothly, so i'm at a bit of a loss as to what i'm doing wrong.

Hey guys, I also have another question. So, i'm trying to follow Sic's hotkey video, and i'm getting some errors. When I try and use commands like //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} it will throw an error "Can not parse /SHD" (or whatever the class shortname is on that character.)

I have made sure to include the lines in my ini file mentioned in the instructions, but I still get this error. Any idea what i'm doing wrong? I have attached my macroquest.ini file as well so someone can check it out.

Attachments

• MacroQuest.ini
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
you have a duplicate of the commands which may be causing the issues:

On Line 24 - You have the EQBCS versions
/cwtn=/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

On Line 92 you have the Dannet Versions
/cwtn=/dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

I would start by getting rid of the EQBCS versions if you are no longer using EQBCS.

you have a duplicate of the commands which may be causing the issues:

On Line 24 - You have the EQBCS versions
/cwtn=/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

On Line 92 you have the Dannet Versions
/cwtn=/dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

I would start by getting rid of the EQBCS versions if you are no longer using EQBCS.
Thanks for the input on this. I did start with the dannet version first, which had the same issue. I then added the EQBCS version which still had issues as well. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong beyond this?

Problem - Unable to get Dannet to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back