• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - UI Target Box Editing Question (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,574¢
Hi all,

I looked through the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml but could not find the area in the code I need to edit, so I thought I would ask the group if anyone could point me in the correct direction.

My issue is with the onscreen text of the target window overlapping with the target description. For reference, I have attached a snippet. Thanks for any and all help.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Target Box.png

Edit: For additional reference I will attach the xml file. It is the updated / modified UI piece that Sic had uploaded a while ago.

Attachments

• EQUI_TargetWindow.xml
    14.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Finally solved my trouble. I was under the impression that the target description was being down by EQ and the UI. When I could not find an EQ type that gave distance or target descriptive information, it dawned on me that the info was being sent from VV. After a few searches I finally discovered MQ2TargetInfo and that the plugin had an ini. Upon opening the ini, there it was

[UI_zliz]
; Custom settings built into plugin
TargetInfoLoc=1,12,0,0
TargetDistanceLoc=14,26,140,180

I changed
TargetInfoLoc=1,12,0,0
to
TargetInfoLoc=1,12,125,0

My text formatting / spacing issue was solved. I feel so stupid it took this long to stop chasing the XML UI piece and think logically what was sending the information and then working the problem backwards.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Question - UI Target Box Editing Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back