• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tried this before have some questions (1 Viewer)

justconfused

RedCents
30¢
So thinking about subscribing again. Is there currently builds for kiss assist using zerker, bst, and a bard. Preferably bst that will pet tank or? Im not to familiar with making ini scripts

So thinking about subscribing again. Is there currently builds for kiss assist using zerker, bst, and a bard. Preferably bst that will pet tank or? Im not to familiar with making ini scripts
We have a pretty robust ini library for kiss and for mule. We also have RG Mercs which works out of the box. There are a lot of automation options depending on how much configuration and customization you want.

To answer your question specifically, yes those things are available for those classes.

We have a pretty robust ini library for kiss and for mule. We also have RG Mercs which works out of the box. There are a lot of automation options depending on how much configuration and customization you want.

To answer your question specifically, yes those things are available for those classes.
Do the 3 I'm looking for cost extra? For now its just the 3.
eventually ill add a real tank but just trying to get in the swing of things again

eventually ill add a real tank but just trying to get in the swing of things again
With enough customization of your INI files, you can literally get the beast pet to tank, the bard or beast to pull AND tank, and the zerker to DPS...

So they don't have to cost extra if you are willing to put in the time learning/refining your INI files on the 3 toons (believe you might even find some INI creations if you search the website); however, there are paid options out there that can help too!

Well atm the toons are 115. Not really sure how to go about the ini stuff I suppose i could always try and learn. Just trying to get a solid start for now.
Last time i used the zerker to tank. I dont need auto pulls persay just dont wanna play the game the alt tab way anymore its exhausting. On top of that old hard drive died so i lost all my ui files so now it really feels like i have no idea how to play the game anymore

kissassist or muleassist or rgmercs all come with your lvl 2 redguides subscription, so there's nothing extra

we do have some "premium" (meaning paid, not necessarily better) stuff like the cwtn class plugins or mq2grind, or explore mac or crafting tcg stuff

Well atm the toons are 115. Not really sure how to go about the ini stuff I suppose i could always try and learn. Just trying to get a solid start for now.
Last time i used the zerker to tank. I dont need auto pulls persay just dont wanna play the game the alt tab way anymore its exhausting. On top of that old hard drivedied so i lost all my ui files so now it really feels like i have no idea how to play the game anymore
kissassist or muleassist or rgmercs all come with your lvl 2 redguides subscription, so there's nothing extra

we do have some "premium" (meaning paid, not necessarily better) stuff like the cwtn class plugins or mq2grind, or explore mac or crafting tcg stuff
Gotchal. Thank you for clarifying that

Last time i used the zerker to tank. I dont need auto pulls persay just dont wanna play the game the alt tab way anymore its exhausting. On top of that old hard drive died so i lost all my ui files so now it really feels like i have no idea how to play the game anymore
I came back after a 10-year break and jumped into a TLP server playing solo, only to learn that those groups just didn't exist without boxing, so then I tried alt-tabbing 1,2,3, then 4, realized that was too much, so I gave ISBoxer a try, realized it had some limitations, so then I came and gave MQ2 a try, and have really enjoyed learning the nuances of each program; that said, ISBoxer is a HUGE learning curve and MQ2 you can pretty much play out of the box, which was REALLY nice, but then you just learn a thing here and there along the way and it gets easier to refine your INI...

Don't be overwhelmed by it, ask questions, the staff here are AMAZING! usually have strong answers to point you in the right direction and/or like I said, the keyword search usually pulls up what I'm trying to find :)

G'luck on your return!

And welcome back! :)

Last time i used the zerker to tank. I dont need auto pulls persay just dont wanna play the game the alt tab way anymore its exhausting. On top of that old hard drivedied so i lost all my ui files so now it really feels like i have no idea how to play the game anymore

Gotchal. Thank you for clarifying that
"go about the ini stuff"

well like i mentioned we have a library where people upload current ini files they use, so other people can download them and use them - it is a pretty simple process

many people will start with something from the library and then start dipping into editing and customizing later on if they have other needs/wants

totally worth it

I came back after a 10-year break and jumped into a TLP server playing solo, only to learn that those groups just didn't exist without boxing, so then I tried alt-tabbing 1,2,3, then 4, realized that was too much, so I gave ISBoxer a try, realized it had some limitations, so then I came and gave MQ2 a try, and have really enjoyed learning the nuances of each program; that said, ISBoxer is a HUGE learning curve and MQ2 you can pretty much play out of the box, which was REALLY nice, but then you just learn a thing here and there along the way and it gets easier to refine your INI...

Don't be overwhelmed by it, ask questions, the staff here are AMAZING! usually have strong answers to point you in the right direction and/or like I said, the keyword search usually pulls up what I'm trying to find :)

G'luck on your return!

And welcome back! :)
Thanks already amazed at how quick i got responses

So i can pay with a krono but it takes up to 24 hrs?

So i can pay with a krono but it takes up to 24 hrs?
yep

or keep hanging around the site and participate and earn redcents and then you can subscribe with that

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Sounds good may hang around and try to find what inis i should start with 10 more red cents i think and ill be able to start up.
Kinda excited since I main a zerk and ya cant solo a whole lot like that hehe

Once you have a subscription you go to the resources tab. The click “Ini and configurations“ in the drop down menu. I personally us kissassist, but many people swear by muleassist. Give them both a test drive
What is muleassist?
And is it true that running this actually makes it easier to run more account on your comp? Pc isn't that amazing but ive been reading that its improved and made folka able to box more than they typically could perfomance wise (graphics lag etc not just gameplay)

What is muleassist?
And is it true that running this actually makes it easier to run more account on your comp? Pc isn't that amazing but ive been reading that its improved and made folka able to box more than they typically could perfomance wise (graphics lag etc not just gameplay)
yeah, I run my 6 on a fairly outdated PC with no issues. I’m not running around the GL with max everything, but this program helps me make it work

Not sure id reformating a windows 7 comp from 09 and having to switch everything and making it work fro. Compatibility mode is working. Windows just errored out as i was restarting since it would let me start another download

Not sure id reformating a windows 7 comp from 09 and having to switch everything and making it work fro. Compatibility mode is working. Windows just errored out as i was restarting since it would let me start another download
Mq isn't going to run on windows 7

Windows 7 hasn't been supported by Microsoft for years at this point

i was using mq on 7 about a year ago or so, probably less. had hard drive die on me though so i lost literally everything... im on windows 10 now though
onboard graphics etc run off of drivers that i had to run in compatibility mode and im sure there are still some missing just cant find what lol

@justconfused

I am late to the party but KissAssist and RGMercs are both included with Level 2 Access. Get your feet wet again and get re-acquainted. For a more out of the box automation, you might want to copy your team over to the test server and give the CWTN plugins a try. Unfortunately right now there is not one for Bard but Zerker and Beastlord are covered. Yes, they are paid Add-ons but you can try them for free on test. Just a thought to see what you like the best.

Be well. Happy gaming. Enjoy the Red Guides Experience.

@justconfused

I am late to the party but KissAssist and RGMercs are both included with Level 2 Access. Get your feet wet again and get re-acquainted. For a more out of the box automation, you might want to copy your team over to the test server and give the CWTN plugins a try. Unfortunately right now there is not one for Bard but Zerker and Beastlord are covered. Yes, they are paid Add-ons but you can try them for free on test. Just a thought to see what you like the best.

Be well. Happy gaming. Enjoy the Red Guides Experience.
so i take it this means i have to spend 20 to 50 bucks per toon to get premade stuff?

Nevermind alot of thia is comming back to me now. Some of its real new though

Last edited:
so i take it this means i have to spend 20 to 50 bucks per toon to get premade stuff?

Nevermind alot of thia is comming back to me now. Some of its real new though
@justconfused

No not at all. KissAssist, MuleAssist, and RGMercs which all handle automation are included with your level 2. What I was trying to say is that if you wanted to try out the paid plugins for free, you could copy your characters to the test server and tryout the CWTN plugins with NO cost or obligation. That way down the load you could decide if you might want to invest, or not, on a live server.

Personally, I slowly added, over the course of 2 months, MQ2Eskay, MQ2Enchanter, MQ2Cleric, MQ2Mage, and MQ2Bst. I am happy with my decision and set for a year. Everyone needs to decide for themselves based on many factors. There is no one right way or wrong way to play EQ, and so there is no one right way or wrong way to automate your experience.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Hey Justconfused!

First of all ... Welcome back! :D

I'm a newbie to all of this, and I was pretty confused with it all at first, too. I had to watch the tutorial videos several times and experiment with low-level toons and their ini files. I copied them over from the ini library that is here in the resource section on this site. I just kept playing around with them until I dreamt about it. At first, I was very intimidated by the ini files and all the coding. But, I just studied a lot of different ones over and over again.

Eventually, I started looking at higher-level ones and contrasting and comparing them to each other. Now, I can get a group of 6 toons that are all 115+ together and make mayhem. I'm still learning and I'm far from being an expert, though. :)

Don't be intimidated like I was at first with the coding. Trial and error with some level 1 toons till you get it down. Ask questions and get on the Redguides discord channel. Ask some more questions. Everyone is so helpful, and they don't mind what you may think of as silly questions. Watch all the videos you can and make merry.

The bottom line is to have fun with it all.

Hey Justconfused!

First of all ... Welcome back! :D

I'm a newbie to all of this, and I was pretty confused with it all at first, too. I had to watch the tutorial videos several times and experiment with low-level toons and their ini files. I copied them over from the ini library that is here in the resource section on this site. I just kept playing around with them until I dreamt about it. At first, I was very intimidated by the ini files and all the coding. But, I just studied a lot of different ones over and over again.

Eventually, I started looking at higher-level ones and contrasting and comparing them to each other. Now, I can get a group of 6 toons that are all 115+ together and make mayhem. I'm still learning and I'm far from being an expert, though. :)

Don't be intimidated like I was at first with the coding. Trial and error with some level 1 toons till you get it down. Ask questions and get on the Redguides discord channel. Ask some more questions. Everyone is so helpful, and they don't mind what you may think of as silly questions. Watch all the videos you can and make merry.

The bottom line is to have fun with it all.
thanks, just got my 3 accounts reactivated and ini file moved around just gonna take some experimentation now

so far ive gotten the ini part kind of taken care of. cant remember what i need to do to get characters to auto assist and attack now though think im still missing something, also noticing that /stick isnt working like it use to , toons are running off on their own now..

so far ive gotten the ini part kind of taken care of. cant remember what i need to do to get characters to auto assist and attack now though think im still missing something, also noticing that /stick isnt working like it use to , toons are running off on their own now..
did you watch the starter vids like i've mentioned?

thanks, just got my 3 accounts reactivated and ini file moved around just gonna take some experimentation now

Justconfused,

First off, I hope you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than not feeling well and trying to take on a new project at the same time.

I saw that you mentioned having 3 accounts. Might I make a quick suggestion? Once you get your feet wet and more accustomed with the tools available here at Red Guides, if your computer can handle it, consider creating a couple of more free accounts so that you could run a full group of 6 non-merc toons. I think most of the folks here would agree that real toons >> Mercs especially as you progress past level 85-ish. Just a quick thought / suggestion.

Get re-acquainted with EQ and Very Vanilla first and then you can plan out your road map. And above all else, have fun.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Justconfused,

First off, I hope you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than not feeling well and trying to take on a new project at the same time.

I saw that you mentioned having 3 accounts. Might I make a quick suggestion? Once you get your feet wet and more accustomed with the tools available here at Red Guides, if your computer can handle it, consider creating a couple of more free accounts so that you could run a full group of 6 non-merc toons. I think most of the folks here would agree that real toons >> Mercs especially as you progress past level 85-ish. Just a quick thought / suggestion.

Get re-acquainted with EQ and Very Vanilla first and then you can plan out your road map. And above all else, have fun.

Be well. Happy gaming
thanks trying to, think i got pneumonia..
and unfortunately im not sure this comp can handle more than 4.. thought about adding a tank but i dont think a ftp tank would do me a whole lot of good.
i do plan on getting a new set up in the future though atm id just like to establish something with the 3 that ive been working on for a while they are decent toons, the zerker being the best with raid gear etc, and others have some older content raid gear i just dont know how to play them as well as the zerker. part of me wonders if i should see if comp can handle 6 toons with mq etc running and just restart completely with a new crew..

so so far ive got most of it working, bst keeps taking agro though and getting killed. and no sort of auto hit buttons on zerker is working still have to do it manually, any way to change this a bit

so so far ive got most of it working, bst keeps taking agro though and getting killed. and no sort of auto hit buttons on zerker is working still have to do it manually, any way to change this a bit
Tweak the ini. Less dps on the beast. Maybe turn off a spell or attack that causes so much aggro. Quite honestly, here’s what I’d do in your shoes (and it’s exactly what I did when I came back): it’s a simple 10 step process.

1. be glad you have your 115s. It’s a steep curve (very unforgiving) at those levels.
2. breathe
3. start some level 1 toons
4. Breathe
5. run the tutorial with them (same classes if you want)
6. breathe
7. tinker with the most basic ini. Get a feel for how it operates
8. breathe
9. grow that team to 20/30 and adjust the ini as you go.
10. breathe

at this point you should have an idea how everything works and you can go back and look at the 115s and see it with a better undrstanding

Welcome back! I personally recommend RGMercs. I use it all the time. It does most of all group stuff with ease. As others have pointed out, customizing INI files will come later once you are comfortable with things.

Hey i just started myself a week or so ago, and its been a blast!! Yes there is alot of things to learn!! but this is a heaven when it comes to information / helpful peeps / ini files etc.
And while i still got alongway to go its gonna be awesome, aslong as this great community is around for sure!

Edit: and just msg me i will gladly share what i know so far, we can even sit on discord and i can assist you with the basics.

Question - Tried this before have some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back