• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Raid - trials of smoke

RedCents
5,633¢
I did read something about getting six toons into the instance but using some technique to get mercs in and up as well. It seemed like an interesting bug/exploit. The info is buried in one of the more recent threads here, iirc.

RedCents
2,119¢
Are you able to beat any of them or are just specific ones giving problems? Trial of 3 and Wending Ways should be a slam dunk. The rest should be left for when you're fully geared up with T2/3 TBL group gear. Despite being in a tier 1 zone, these are not tier 1 events, imo (ignore the fact they drop t1 loot).

RedCents
5,633¢
The cyclone one is easy if you have any decent ability to do range dps (I have a ranger ... it takes a while, but it’s easy). The one where you port around to platforms was also super easy ... just need to pay attention to who loots what and make sure the right toons are getting the right clickies and clicking the right ones at the right time (mq2autoloot and the /useitem command are your best friends).

The worst one for me was the lava dude one.

RedCents
508¢
I am just about finished with werding way about to hit the fire named then done, and did get trial of the 3 done. cyclone is giving me a lot of trouble and haven't tried the other 2 yet

RedCents
508¢
did that I have trouble with the adds I put my mage and shm on boss and kept sk,clr,chanter and nec on adds just cant seem to get them down fast enough

RedCents
5,633¢
did that I have trouble with the adds I put my mage and shm on boss and kept sk,clr,chanter and nec on adds just cant seem to get them down fast enough
I recommend keeping mage down with adds (higher burst dps) and moving necro up top (dot damage is great for this long-term fight).

I have a somewhat similar setup. My top group (on the boss) is my ranger and enchanter (or wizard). My lower add group is SK, cleric, zerker, and enchanter or wizard (whoever is not up top). I have zero issues with adds and the named just goes down super slowly (but steadily).