• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Transitioning from Eq2 to EQ (1 Viewer)

DodoDude

RedCents
201¢
So, I want to give everquest a spin. I saw this forum when I was looking up eq2emu servers, and figured this was exactly what I wanted. I really would like to play a full group from level 1 and experience the game.

Where do you think I should start? I was reading isboxer and MQ2 are a must. I recall reading there was a way to earn level 2 on this site, how it is done? I wanted to check out the download section but it says I need level 2.

Also, from what I am reading, I want to have a group something like this: SK, Shaman, Bard, 3x melee or SK, Cleric, Enchanter, 3x mages? Are all combinations viable as long as you have Tank, Healer, Utility, and dps?

Well for 6 boxing I would say MQ2 is needed to do a half decent job but you don't need isboxer. If you get good with eqbcs you can send commands to the other windows just fine. Kissassist allows for pretty good automation of your characters.

I'll gift you level 2 it just takes a bit for redbot or maskoi or whoever to make it happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to add, I actually used ISboxer before I used mq2 and when I started using MQ2 I didnt see the need for ISboxer anymore

1. i use isboxer + mq2 it works great together, altough you could do without IS
2. think about which server you want to join, live servers you will level fast and wont experience much of the old world EQ feeling. If you got money to burn join Ragefire or Lockjaw, they are progression servers but require a sub for each toon.

Question - Transitioning from Eq2 to EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back