• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Transferring Krono: A Guide (1 Viewer)

fonso

RedCents
10,555¢
Everquest is enjoying many new/returning players who are learning about Krono for the first time. Here's what I think you should know:

1) A Krono is tied to your account, not your character, not your server. Your Krono will appear on EVERY character, on EVERY server. That means if you have 2 Krono on Firiona Vie, you have 2 Krono on Ragefire, you have 2 Krono on Zek, etc. No matter what character you're on, no matter what server you're on, if those Krono are in your Krono slot you're good to trade or use them anywhere.

2) The plural of Krono is Krono

3) When receiving a parceled Krono, you don't have to "retrieve it." It appears INSTANTLY in your Krono slot after someone parcels. You'll get a "receipt" that you can retrieve - but you'll already have the Krono.

4) You can have your Krono parceled to an alternate character you never play, and you'll receive it on the character you do play. Example:

You're playing your badass Mage on Lockjaw. You give somebody the name of your old shitty druid on Tunare, and they parcel a Krono to that druid on Tunare. You will instantly see that Krono on your badass Mage on Lockjaw, you never even have to log into Tunare to retrieve it.

Before parcel, boo hoo I have no Krono:
MesQPHh.jpg

After parcel, the Krono appears instantly - even though it was parceled on a different server:
Azt3Rjj.jpg

This means you can parcel Krono on one server and receive them on another, including the new progression servers Ragefire and Lockjaw.

Just inform the sender to parcel it to a character on a normal server, and it will instantly appear on your Ragefire/Lockjaw toon - no relogging or retrieving needed.

If you have any other questions about how Krono work just ask here. (note this is not a sales thread, don't ask about buying/selling)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this!

I can confirm that having someone send it to another character on another server, even one that isn't logged in, will get your Krono in the Krono slot. I had to zone for it to appear. Saves you the hassle of having to sit in the queue again :)

Good question from a PM:

pandemonium said:
Hey Fonso! I have a question: If i created a free account, got a Krono on another server and consumed it, would that account then be 'All Access' and can then get on RageFire? I am new to the whole Krono thing, so I appreciate any info! I'd buy more today if you have them :)

Yes, that would work!

What do you mean by parcel. As of right now I've only bought a Krono from DBG. Parcel has to do with a player sending you a Krono I assume?

Parcel is the in-game mail system for items. It's not on Ragefire/Lockjaw due to it being a newer feature, but the Krono will still function the same.

So - if you were to purchase a Krono from Fonso, he would 'mail' them via the parcel system on a normal live server to a character you have on that server. Because it's a Krono, the system will automatically retrieve it and place them in your inventory for your account. Since Krono's are shared between the account and not characters, it will be visible on ALL characters in the Krono slot until you remove it for trading/consumption.

Good to know. Just now starting to get into how these Kronos function. Makes things easy for us that they work this way.

I have a question on Krono transfers. When I read the first post, at least for me, there is an implication that a character on Server A can send directly to another character on Server B. Is that correct? If so, how does this process occur?

there is an implication that a character on Server A can send directly to another character on Server B. Is that correct?

No, you can't directly send across servers.

However, someone on Bertox can send me a Krono by parceling it to my Bertox mule. It would appear on my own server (Zek) immediately, without me ever having to log on my Bertox mule.

TYVM, I was pretty sure but I had been away for a long time so wondered if I may missed a nuance. Most appreciated!!!

Parcel is the in-game mail system for items. It's not on Ragefire/Lockjaw due to it being a newer feature

You CAN parcel Kronos on the tlp servers, at least you could a week ago when I was on one of them.
Parcel merchants are located in most starting cities as well as the commonlands tunnelroom.

What eqmule said! Parcel NPCs are on all servers it seems.

You can use Find command to find the parcel vendor in your city even on progression servers(Ragefire, Lockjaw and Phinigel)

In Faydark it is a Guard Somename by the Banker.

Some of the parcel NPCs on the progression servers can be real jerks though.

The gnome guy won't talk to any gnomes who worship bertox *shakes fist* racist %@#$

And the halfling guy, well don't get me started with the halfling guy... Its been brought to Daybreaks attention but still the parcel NPCs wanna play games. Here's pretty much what happens in Rivervale - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-mystery-of-the-disappearing-halfling.226209/

Guide - Transferring Krono: A Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back