• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tracking for a real dummy? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
184¢
Good day! I've just recently returned to EQ and have opted to sub for VV for some obvious QoL improvements. For one of my first tasks, I'm trying to track down a specific clockwork scrubber in Ak'Anon. There are a good number of clockwork scrubbers in the zone, but only one will respond to /say 628 and giving it a quest item. I'm wondering if it's possible to track this very specific NPC or not with any of the tools here. Thank you in advance.

Good day! I've just recently returned to EQ and have opted to sub for VV for some obvious QoL improvements.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

For one of my first tasks, I'm trying to track down a specific clockwork scrubber in Ak'Anon. There are a good number of clockwork scrubbers in the zone, but only one will respond to /say 628 and giving it a quest item. I'm wondering if it's possible to track this very specific NPC or not with any of the tools here. Thank you in advance.

Like TOFS keying, can you use/try typing this EXACTLY /target # into a macro and put that on your hotbar somewhere, then just press it each time. Give that a try.

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Last edited:
not sure but try making a hotkey
/target #clockwork scrubber

I used this trick to find named trigger mobs in Tower of frozen shadow

not sure it will work or not

I only have the basic VV installed currently and /target # did nothing as a VV command or as an EQ command. With VV, I have noticed a different number for each once I actually target them. I'm just unsure how to best sort them. I can't even seem to target them from the map.

Edit: /target #clockwork scrubber actually returned something, but it was false. It identified zero clockwork scrubbers. I know for certain that there are at least six of them. It's a jumbled mess, but I can see some of them moving around on the map.

Last edited:
if the mob actually has the # you can just do a /nav spawn #clockwork you should absolutely avoid /targeting things you can not see

The only numbers that I'm seeing are 6 rat warrior and 5 rat warrior. Those numbers ended up applying to more than just one mob, too. It's been long enough that I don't recall ToSF keyring details at all, sorry. I'm guessing that the rat warrior details are class and level. Helpful for other purposes, no doubt, but I haven't found anything that would narrow the search down. I do have a bard box, though, so I'll play around with the normal tracking window and see if anything works.

The only numbers that I'm seeing are 6 rat warrior and 5 rat warrior. Those numbers ended up applying to more than just one mob, too. It's been long enough that I don't recall ToSF keyring details at all, sorry. I'm guessing that the rat warrior details are class and level. Helpful for other purposes, no doubt, but I haven't found anything that would narrow the search down. I do have a bard box, though, so I'll play around with the normal tracking window and see if anything works.
It is not an actual number, it is literally the tic-tac-toe "#".

Question - Tracking for a real dummy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back