• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - LS Max AA #s (1 Viewer)

welcome to EQ where the only consistency is the inconsistency. Was actually discussing with Sic how little AA's the warrior has at this point in the game compared to every single other class.
Yeah no shit. 19.5k functional aas fewer than sks. Not necessarily battle aas(forage, metabolism etc) but non-ts. Do they even realize how big the spread has gotten? I mean it's doubled in most cases since RoS. 60-65% fewer overall from lowest to highest, so much so that at max war aas, a shm or sk can barely do their jobs.

Last edited:
Part of this is old history.. back around dodh, when the whole *every class needs at least 2 roles*, war were given DPS lines on part with the other melee.. this ended up making the DPS war a thing.. and they were 2 out of the top 5 dps on most raids. the yelling and bitching and moaning that followed has trickled down into now war are raid tanks, and thats it.. were a shaman can heal, dps, adps and even melee decently... same as zerkers have low totals.. they have 1 job.. no utility, no secondary.. they hack shit. over the years you end up with the AAs being skewered.

I was just disappointed on how bards got no real love again. I think my bard was max AA in a couple days. Zerks were right after followed by Cleric. SK took a while.

When i took my first bard to115/max AA's, i was shocked by the low AA total (and how many are useless), however bards are a great class. War and Cleric seem to suffer the worst from the role expanded "backlash". I am not upset about the max AA total, its just some classes have 1 role, and thats it. Cool we dont have to get them AA's, its the trickle down effect.

When i took my first bard to115/max AA's, i was shocked by the low AA total (and how many are useless), however bards are a great class. War and Cleric seem to suffer the worst from the role expanded "backlash". I am not upset about the max AA total, its just some classes have 1 role, and thats it. Cool we dont have to get them AA's, its the trickle down effect.
Yeah, the biggest puta part of the enormous gap bt war and SK I'm, is that sks require the same defensives, bit also melee dps, spell DPS, and healing ability as well as the aas that proc those self heals/buffs from using melee and spells ..in order to do the job. It's not just hey sks can do DPS so it costs more, but the DPS is a major portion of the tanking. Hey they can do spell dmg..but hey that spell dmg(taps) is a major part of tanking, and then the healing to make said taps and hit to heals better. Pulling, DPS, pet....really not so important because an SK is there to tank. If they can also pull, cool. If they do some DPS, cool, if their little bony minion does some DPS cool..it's not gonna tank though lol. The 1 trick ponies do have fewer aas and that's fine, but such an enormous discrepancy to do the same job can be painful. Do wars even use their 2.0? Never really played one. Heh..I will say it's a lot better now defensively than it used to be. I remember when the only discs so had we're unholy, fearless, and deflective. It was much later in the game that we got other defensive discs that wars got the whole time. Of course not as good thus the other stuff being needed, bit when the only defensive disc was a 12 second one from sub70, it sucked.

welcome to EQ where the only consistency is the inconsistency. Was actually discussing with Sic how little AA's the warrior has at this point in the game compared to every single other class.

If we just compare AA difference from RoS to CoV you'll notice:
In RoS the Warrior had 10,813 less AA's than the Shaman.
In ToV the Warrior has 16,756 less AA's than the Shaman.
In CoV the Warrior has 20,248 less AA's than the Shaman.

10k AA's was pretty significant difference back in RoS, but at this point being 20.2k AA's less, in only 2 expansion has almost doubled the difference in total AA counts.
One might say "Well the shaman has much more stuff that needs to be upgraded."
and to that I say Why? Warrior could certainly do with some better AoE aggro management, no reason not to provide that, and some AA components to that as well. But based on how hard they're trying to consolidate AA's it's no surprise that they aren't adding onto anything for the warrior.

I remember it being like that even back in COTF.. Having a full group of toons that you freshly leveled to 100 or 105(TDS), and started AA'ing everyone... and war finished up days before the rest.. was like 10k TOTAL AAs for war then.. not sure why, since they don't have a comparable amount of discs to classes that have books of spells, or even the hybrids that had both..

And yeah inconsistency being what it is, its like the golden manual of EQ.. we have to go to 3rd party sites to learn how to play the game lol. Everquest has so little in-house documentation to show how to adjust options, chat settings, etc.. so many things to EQ that people only find out from other players. They took the policy of not letting you know how to complete a mission/quest/TS, you had to figure yourself, and adapted that to UI etc hehe.

Can't point the finger at them if there's nothing quoted by them that we can compare ours to!

My 115 CoV gnome-eating SK maxed out AA has 57833 assigned AA (includes TS, suspect the special AA's are included in here as well like the various ranks of Hero's xyz..)

Maybe there could be also a reverse view. What if classes are balanced at max AA (by design)
Wouldn't that allow a shaman to think: "What I've done wrong in the past, to be forced to grind 20k AA's more than a warrior?"

damnit - they're changing AA ranks on test --- which means i wonder if my beta AA numbers were correct =p

well.. beta was a super s*** show... alot of shiney looking stuff, and they still trying to figure out the meat and potatoes :( AA's been out for a month now though :-/

Anyone have any updates on the Max AA numbers for NoS?

Thank you
i'm not updating until NoS is active, and *probably* until after 1st patch in january - trying to do that during beta (and even for when it goes live) has proven to be a waste of time the last few years.

It appears most classes are going to have the 5-10kish increase like the last few expansions

Hello, good morning friends. I have a doubt regarding this. With the ber, the aas that you have put coincide with me, but with the sk and the shaman they come out less for me although it says that I have already reached the limit. Is this normal?

LS Max AA, I didn't want to start a new post that Sic always does.

ShadowKnight: 82699 (With Tinkering)
Cleric: 65488
Shaman: 84222 (With Alchemy)
Bezerker: 65617
Bard: 57610
Rogue: 62185 (With Poisonmaking)

Merc: 1825

LS Max AA, I didn't want to start a new post that Sic always does.

ShadowKnight: 82699 (With Tinkering)
Cleric: 65488
Shaman: 84222 (With Alchemy)
Bezerker: 65617
Bard: 57610
Rogue: 62185 (With Poisonmaking)

Merc: 1825
and I'm not updating until january patch, because in last several years they've forgotten ranks and they didn't get added till january.

but definitely feel free to post up what you have so far in case things don't change

Tip - LS Max AA #s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back