• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

to activate an EverQuest account 5-10 days (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandrent

RedCents
a bug that would allow you to activate an EverQuest account and it would remain activated for around 5-10 days.

Obviously this could be useful to a lot of people, especially those who trade/sell accounts and don't want to pay $13 to check up on an account.

Step 1) Login to your station account at https://eqbl.station.sony.com/launchpad/subscription.jsp.

Step 2) Click 'Edit Subscription' or 'Subscribe to EverQuest' or whatever it says.

Step 3) Choose to pay by Credit Card and click 'Continue'.

Step 4) On the plan selection page choose 'Station Access Subscription (Legends)' and click 'Continue'. This should be the last choice on the page.

Step 5) Click 'Accept' on the Terms page.

Step 6) Click 'Accept' again on the next page.

Step 7) Finally, on the billing information page enter all the information as you normally would. On the expiration date however, put the wrong exp. date. For example: 4123 4567 8901 2345 expires 03/08. You put down 03/05.

Another method would simply be just choosing a canceled credit card. Either way should work.

Step 8) Click 'Submit'. If all was done correctly you should see 'Your subscription has been updated...'

Step 9) Login and try it out.

Correction, even though I intentionally used the wrong exp date, the charges were still authorized to my CC the next morning.

Now to see if they post as completed transactions....

Will update...

What happends is the automated system says yes and turnes your account on. Then the accounting department see's that the charge did not go through and they turn it back off. This is good if your buying or selling an account. You can see or show the characters without spending the money to subscribe for the month.

Man, I just cannot get this to work on any of my inactive accounts lol. Wonder if its because theyve been inactive over three months?

Grats!

[size=+3]Yea. 354 posts[/size]

Wait, that's a completely random number, damn

But how can they prove any fraud if the CC number you provide is correct? If its a "typo" as you entered the date, thats not considered fraud... If you used my CC details to buy something without my permission, thats fraud. Using your own credit card, giving all correct details except date (which I have done by accident btw...)... make it not so obvious and mix 2 numbers around... Impossible to prove that you are defrauding anyone, and all but impossible to get into any trouble whatsoever for.

Also, it's Sony's problem that they don't instigate a correct credit card proceedure check at the time of signing up... many times I have tried to purchase something with the wrong details only to get "this credit card is not recognized" type of message....

Well I here reported back. I resubscribed an old account, gave my correct CC number but with wrong EXP date.

Charges still went through.

Not sure what these means, but I really don't think it's an SoE issue.

when ever a company takes a credit card information as payments no matter how up-to date the system they use they log ip-address/mac addresses...yes you can change your ipaddress easy but your mac address can only be changed when you change modems/nic cards. if they see the same ip-address and or mac address with false information they well report that. so yes you can do it once or twice and they well think type-o but to do the same thing on the same account it is asking for them to ban/report to government for credit card fraud. i know a couple of people that was arrested for doing stuff close to that.

Will find names of them, but there are programs out there that will send false mac address in place of your real one.

Love how the world is turning into scumbags. If you can't compile MQ2 for yourself atleast pay for you account the honest way its only $15 a fucking month that is cheap entertainment. Considering that Dinner/Movie for 2 is $40+ for 1 night where as EQ = hours of entertainment.

Love how the world is turning into scumbags. If you can't compile MQ2 for yourself atleast pay for you account the honest way its only $15 a fucking month that is cheap entertainment. Considering that Dinner/Movie for 2 is $40+ for 1 night where as EQ = hours of entertainment.

Heh seriously, with all the stuff that goes through here, whos to decide what scumbag is, people could say the same thing about MQ2 in general, this is simply knowledge, it can be used or not used, thats up to the user.

Edit: I also don't like the idea, but won't judge you scumbags who use it, j/k :p

Editing memory and ripping people off $$ is totally different. Credit card fraud = prision MQ2 = banned account totally different.

But a lot of ppl use MQ2 for the purpose of gaining stuff, and then selling them for PP ingame (a good example of this is the DoN crystals), and convert this to real money via whatever means they can do so.

Mikiky's Philosophical Question:

So, is using an external program for personal gain (sometimes into rather high real dollar figures!) is not quite so bad as changing a credit card expiry date to gain access to an account for 5 or so days?

Or, is it because it starts off as "pretend" money, that it doesn't quite seem so bad?

Mikiky's Philisophical Conclusion:

Lets face it, ripping off is ripping off...there's no a little bit, there's no halfway, you either do it the "honest" way, or you don't. Either way, SOE is a "victim".

<as Mikiky steps off soapbox> /trip, and from the floor she says " I wish I could make decent RL money from a game!"

That's hilarious....

Fraud is Fraud but cheating is cheating and I say Fraud is worse so you're all scumbags!

Wow.

Please bear in mind that my previous post was meant to invoke thought on the matter, not flames. So, please refrain from flames if you wish to reply to it :)
(My skin is not that thick). :) :)

NOTE: I know Dark's reply is not a flame, but I know that this is a sensitive topic....

Fraud = Illegal, Punishable by law, Jail time, massive fines
Changing memory = Breech of contract, termination of the EULA
Selling items/plat via auction sites = Breech of contract, termination of EULA

The fact of the matter is if you do this to the extent Sony should decide to report you your account being banned is the last of your worries. Now you get to meet Bubba and normally gamers ass = sweet virgin ass you will be very popular.

lol, ok, I need to point out that I happen to agree with most of you about the differences between fraud and cheating.

My main point was:
Some people "take shortcuts" to make a financial gain, whether it's in-game or in real life. Is it the severity of possible consequences that make it ok? Possibly, because as Ted pointed out - if you are caught ingame, you get your account banned - BUT it is still possible to make BIG money from your actions while ingame. If you are caught in RL, it's jail time.
So, bring this to another conclusion: is the use of a plastic card with some numbers on it to get up to maybe 10 days of free access (which costs nothing to Sony, or at least, very little) any worse than using an account for the purposes of financial gain by using shortcuts?

Mind you, I am playing a devil's advocate here and just trying to provoke thought, not flames or guilt or anything else for that matter.
If this turns to flames, the thread will be deleted, and discussion will then cease.

Actions in game wether they be done by conventional means or the help of MQ you still are investing time/money/energy into it. Legally this is what they are selling, time and effort (payment for services rendered, they put in the time so you didn't have to). Even though they are making money off of SOE intellectual property indirectly all they are really doing is collecting money for time invested and trading pixels between characters in game. Also they are still paying a subscriction fee to Sony, and those who do farm things tend to have hydra crews of 3 or more. So they are giving money back to SoE that they made from the sales. For someone who handles 6 hydras that's 90 bucks a month 1k crystals is around what 60 bucks at most? The only way I see making big money from selling stuff is on large scale (IGE/Yantis) single server sellers are lucky to pay for their accounts and every now and again they put some extra cash in their pocket.

Fraud you are trying to get something for nothing or even worse taking something from someone to gain something for yourself. You are investing no time and trading no goods. Plain and simple you are either a Con or a Thief neither of which I hold in high regard.

Ted said:
Fraud = Illegal, Punishable by law, Jail time, massive fines
Changing memory = Breech of contract, termination of the EULA
Selling items/plat via auction sites = Breech of contract, termination of EULA

It's humorous that you don't recognize fraud as a breach of contract with the government, instead you go further to imply that one is worse than the other. Murdering someone is not worse than stealing a twinkie in the government's eyes....you just receive more punishment because you're deemed a danger to society. Punishment is on level with crime because of the danger you present to society in the future, until you're rehabilitated in jail/psych ward and approved for release aka parole.

Hacking an online game is a breach of contract and is punishable by law just as much as fraud is...you just don't see it because sony doesn't really feel a drain from it economically like society does from a thing such as credit card fraud.

If you plug someone elses credit card number in there, it is fraud. If you use your own, you are making a loophole in the system work for you. You are not doing anything illegal in the cut and dry world. However, if caught doing this, no one is going to be cut and dry with you.

Ethical hacking says: If the loophole exists, show the entity owning it how it can be grossly exploited and they will learn their lesson on loopholes. Sony just needs to fix their online billing to be realtime, instead of running credit card reports daily.

Also, some credit card companies will allow invoicing of your card no matter what the posted expiration date is. As long as that's a valid account number. Good billing systems prevent the account from being invoiced before the bank transaction.

As always, just my 2 rupees

Well, I know from experience, that your fucking credit card will be processed. /shrug I guess if you really want to try this, don't choose legends. I don't know the reasoning for the legends choice, but I know that I got stuck paying something like 43 bucks for an expired account.

I use a paypal card, my paypal balance is at like $0.43 heh so no matter what, they want to try and charge it's going to decline it.

I run a few internet businesses, we use EFT for credit card transactions. EFT electronically communicates with credit card companies to verify the transaction using the number, name, exp date, and billing address. Any incorrect data will be flagged as possible fraud and investigated. The companies figure a person who stole a card might get a detail wrong, or they might have an item shipped to an address that is not the billing addresss of the card. The EFT service usually freezes these transactions before they are sent to us to fill an order. If by chance one gets through, and it is credit card fraud. The persons card that was used will recieve a notice from their card company and so will we. If we cannot verify the information on the card, which means we accepted an order with incorrect data, we have to reimburse the person for what they were charged.

Now, what that means if they investigate the issue and it turns out its your own card. It still would be flagged as fraud, investigated as such. If they have your correct card information on file they may just go ahead and correctly charge you. If the address or something is wrong, they may not charge you in case its true fraud. If they see a pattern of this being used over and over, they may report it to your credit card provider.

Basically the reason this thing works is they do not process the order instantly but they give you instant access to your game. Once they investigate the flagged transaction, which may take days if they get a lot of them. They will either correctly charge you, or turn off the account. What they do next though is up to them if they feel they are being taken advantage of through the fraudulent use of a credit card if its yours or not.

Plain facts no bs...this does work, I have yet to recieve a charge on cc. Dont be an idiot with this and use it multiple times on same account, just think of it as your get out f jail free card.

I wasnt saying it wouldnt work. But I do know how these credit transactions work, if this is done once it maybe seen as an error. If it is done over and over they may consider it true fraud.

I am basically telling you how the online credit transaction people will view it.
We had a CD for sale once where people could buy it autographed, they just had to specify the who it should be autographed to in the special instructions. People would order more than one and they would to it by filling out the form and submitting it and hitting back on their browser and then changing the 'who to' in the special instructions and resubmitting it. The way the page works though is if you hit back it changes the card exp date to 01/01. This is a safety feature so people can't go up to your PC after you order something and hit back to get your full credit card info.

But anyway, after dozens of people tried resubmitting the transaction with the wrong dates..the credit card companies got excited and investigated it as fraud. They actually froze our bank account until they could verify what is going on.

What I am saying is for you, yes it will work..that does not mean the credit card people won't notice or look into it. If they see a lot of it going on with a certain card they may choose to investigate further.

I would say if you try this method, I would do it not very often and maybe not even make the same error each time.

Locking thread due to numerous request due to this not working or leading to possible fraud charges. IF it works for you thats cool but lockign thread and placing in NERFED section for the time being

to activate an EverQuest account 5-10 days
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back