• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - TLO Pet Owner? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
851¢
Checking to see if I've missed the appropriate TLO to give me the owner of a pet. I see I can use Owner on mercs, but this returns NULL for a pet (e.g, ${Pet} or ${Pet[spawn_id]}).

Specific use case: I have the pet id (provided from elsewhere) and I want to do things a bit different for the pet based on the class of the owner. If necessary, I'll modify the method signature to give me the info. Looking to avoid that if possible.

RedCents
100¢
${Spawn[ id number].Master.Name} or ${Spawn[petname].Master.Name} or I guess if you're trying to get your own pet or what have you ${Pet.Master.Name} or ${Pet.Master.Class} etc

Coldblooded

Purveyor of all things MQNext and Lua
RedCents
1,617¢
I want to do things a bit different for the pet based on the class of the owner.
As Tibberu eluded,

${Spawn[id].Master} returns a Spawn of the Pet's Master, which you can then interrogate for the name or class or lots of other goodies.

${Spawn[id].Master.Class}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)