• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - TLO Group.Member[].OtherZone issues (1 Viewer)

Addict

RedCents
556¢
Is the Group.Member.OtherZone TLO supposed to work as following with MQNext:

Scenario A: when leader is in PoK and non-leader is in Guild Hall ${Group.Member[${Group.Leader.ID}].OtherZone} returns FALSE when executed on non-leader.
Scenario B: when leader is in PoK and non-leader is in PoK ${Group.Member[${Group.Leader.ID}].OtherZone} returns NULL when executed on non-leader.

I assumed that in Scenario A it would return TRUE and in Scenario B it would return FALSE.

I tested it with a couple of other zones and the functionality is the same. Is this as expected?

Last edited:
Is the Group.Member.OtherZone TLO supposed to work as following with MQNext:

Scenario A: when leader is in PoK and non-leader is in Guild Hall ${Group.Member[${Group.Leader.ID}].OtherZone} returns FALSE when executed on non-leader.
Scenario B: when leader is in PoK and non-leader is in PoK ${Group.Member[${Group.Leader.ID}].OtherZone} returns NULL when executed on non-leader.

I assumed that in Scenario A it would return TRUE and in Scenario B it would return FALSE.

I tested it with a couple of other zones and the functionality is the same. Is this as expected?
well you want to be using group member's number, not their ID

member[name/#] this is the number for the group position, not their spawn id
0 being you, 1 being the first person in the list, 5 being the last member of the group

Group.Member[0-6] are all that is valid?
well like i said ("member[name/#]") you can use name or group member number

i just tested with ${Group.Member[1].OtherZone} and it reported as expected in MQ "Next"

if you tried to get the spawn id of someone who isn't in zone - like ${Group.Leader.ID} - and they were not in the zone you were in, it would return 0, so then if you had
${Group.Member[${Group.Leader.ID}].OtherZone} it would resolve that ${Group.Leader.ID} to 0, and then it would check ${Group.Member[0].OtherZone} which would be false, because you are not in another zone

fixing up the number/name you are passing will likely clear up the original ask.

Last edited:
well you want to be using group member's number, not their ID

member[name/#] this is the number for the group position, not their spawn id
0 being you, 1 being the first person in the list, 5 being the last member of the group

Ah yes obviously.. I iterate over group members in other parts of the code but my brain shutdown on this one. Thanks for showing the mistake!

Problem - TLO Group.Member[].OtherZone issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back