• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - Tips From a Newb to Another Episode 2: Hotkeys I've Learned to Use (1 Viewer)

RedCents
575¢
Hey everyone =) Been a bit since my last update, as of today I've officially gotten 115 on all of my characters. I've also gotten a lot smoother at running them which has helped massively.

The way I ended up leveling, was using RGMercs in place of Kissassist for most of the inbetween levels of 110 and 115, purely because I was at a point in the game that my knowledge of the classes was surpassed, and I couldn't find INIs for said levels. Once I hit 115, I got some KA INIs and things seemed to pick up a ton, so I can't really fully recommend my way, I was just really tired of editing INIs instead of playing haha.

Anyways, the hotkeys.
1665034907559.png
In order:
Invite:
-
Invites all my boxes to group

Start Group -
starts combat assist with MA targeted
/dge /tar *MA* /dge /mac kissassist (or whatever command your preferred combat assist is)

Stop All -
Stops any macros running on all toons
/dgae /end

(Un)pause -
Either pauses or unpauses your boxes. I recommend using boxhud to more easily know if someone gets flipped.
/dge /mqp
1665035213935.png

All Burn - Calls for burns to boxes
I only know it works in KA, unsure about CWTN, RGMercs,etc, also not sure if /burn on is necessary.
/dge /burn on /dge /burn

Evac -
This will tell my wizard to use Exodus
/dex *Wizard Name* /alt activate 43

2X Invis - Undead and Standard Invis
I know I don't need this, I have a bard, I just prefer having permanent invis incase someone gets stuck while on nav and out of range of bard
/dex *bard name* /stoptwist /dex *wizard name* /alt activate 1210 (standard) /alt activate 1212 (undead)

Drop Invis - Useful if you stack invis like me, clicking 2 buffs off x6 repeatedly gets old
/dgae /makemevisible

Campfire
/dgae /makemevisible /dgae /useitem "Fellowship Registration Insignia"
(Thanks to Sic for tipping me off on this one) You can also use Mq2Relocate and use /relocate fellow instead.

Grp to Lobby -
This is one of my lazy hotkeys, I'm bound in pok so when I die,gate,etc. I just hit that key
/dgae /travelto guildlobby
Overseer -
This starts an amazing macro to do all my overseer quests for me, I highly recommend it.
/dgae /mac overseer

Start Pull
I like to have a separate hotkey to start my puller up, since sometimes I want to drive him, sometimes I don't.
/mac kissassist pullertank

That's all I've got for now! I'm sure I'll find more useful keys as I grind along, and I'm sure there's at least 1 or 2 hotkeys I could improve so I'm open to suggestions!

Last edited:
howdy falant,

just as an fyi that is often not intuitive - you should always get in the habit of using quotes on multiworded useitem lines

for example:

/useitem fellowship registration insignia

this is actually just checking /useitem fellowship - and it will try and /useitem on the first match it finds - now this ends up working out just fine when there aren't other items that might come before it, but as a habit you should /useitem "fellowship registration insignia"

or you can use mq2relocate and just /relocate fellow

howdy falant,

just as an fyi that is often not intuitive - you should always get in the habit of using quotes on multiworded useitem lines

for example:

/useitem fellowship registration insignia

this is actually just checking /useitem fellowship - and it will try and /useitem on the first match it finds - now this ends up working out just fine when there aren't other items that might come before it, but as a habit you should /useitem "fellowship registration insignia"

or you can use mq2relocate and just /relocate fellow
Both of those points are actually really useful, I didn't know relocate was a thing nor needing quotes, I just knew it ported everyone to my campfire - I'll correct the post

Tip - Tips From a Newb to Another Episode 2: Hotkeys I've Learned to Use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back