• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Thoughts on Tank Stat weight in 2021/2022? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,229¢
So, for a Tank, in a situation like this where you could get 15AC raw but lose out on the extra 300hp and +24HAGI which would make the better choice? Still the raw AC?

augs.jpg

imo agi isn't even worth factoring into the equasion, and for the most part the raw 335hps aren't worth thinking about either.

the important thing here is "is 8 hdex worth 25 AC to me" only you can answer that, I'm curious what your other aug choices are, however

for me, my forzen liz scale is in the bank, so is the velium infused gem of adroit, which makes me kinda sad about it, but it is what it is heh

imo agi isn't even worth factoring into the equasion, and for the most part the raw 335hps aren't worth thinking about either.

the important thing here is "is 8 hdex worth 25 AC to me" only you can answer that, I'm curious what your other aug choices are, however

for me, my forzen liz scale is in the bank, so is the velium infused gem of adroit, which makes me kinda sad about it, but it is what it is heh

Now that IS interesting. So are you saying the HDEX is more important for the tank than the HAGI, all other things being equal?

I have focused primarily on raw AC augs for my tank with HAGI as the secondary consideration. All of his type 5s are HAGI too. Should I reconsider that strategy?

I would say if that extra HDex pushes over some of the related stats its worth it

On a similar note, are the evolved TBL chase items still worth it or are you guys replacing those to get the extra luck / ac / hp? You are mainly missing out on those type 18/19 slots

So, for a Tank, in a situation like this where you could get 15AC raw but lose out on the extra 300hp and +24HAGI which would make the better choice? Still the raw AC?

View attachment 36370
This only matters if you're a Paladin...because you'll need all the help any stat can give ya...lol!

Visual below to illustrate a Paladin Tanking...

Wot Snowy Mountain GIF by WorldofTanks
beat up sucker punch GIF by Comedy.com

Now that IS interesting. So are you saying the HDEX is more important for the tank than the HAGI, all other things being equal?

I have focused primarily on raw AC augs for my tank with HAGI as the secondary consideration. All of his type 5s are HAGI too. Should I reconsider that strategy?
yes, some people don't and that's fine, but yes, if you're asking me what i think, yes absolutely hdex for anything that is swinging, smashing, poking, prodding, slicing, dicing, etc

So your type 5 augs on your tank are also HDEX not HAGI? 🤔
emphatically yes.

just so there is no confusion because it sounds like confusion

Heroic Dexterity
the 1070 is my shm, which is hSta
this is my team, Ber, Bst, Ber, Shd, Shm, Brd

1640898694314.png

Me: hdex
jetan: not agi?
me: definitely hdex
jetan: so... not hagi? hdex?
me: yes. all the hdex

fortunately many of the best AC augs are also hdex augs

Here is what my main group's SK looks like:
(this is the toon in the vids)

Type 5s:
1640898882137.png

Type 7s
1640898896013.png

emphatically yes.

Heroic Dexterity

View attachment 36374

Type 5s:
View attachment 36375

Type 7s
View attachment 36376

Very niiiiiice

Thats Nice GIF
Posing Napoleon Dynamite GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

see diff strokes for different folks.

re: hsta for war

here is a snip i post from time to time

Here's the thing i post every time this comes up 😦

there are numerous discussions about this, and folks who have crunched the numbers argue there is no noticeable different stacking hagi over hdex from a survivability point of view in the current eq game, but there is huge damage benefit from stacking hdex, from accuracy, crit, and procs, etc.

you can view >>> Zak's video <<< (he's a raiding warrior). He has an open challenge for someone to show him the math, logs, and parses that would argue otherwise.

personally, do what makes you happy. some people get really passionate about h-stats, and i think as long as you're not going full hCHA, you'll probably be fine.

Things obviously change over time as the game changes, so nothing is set in stone, and it is worth exploring and parsing and see what works best for your personal needs

emphatically yes.

Heroic Dexterity

View attachment 36374

Type 5s:
View attachment 36375

Type 7s
View attachment 36376

You didn't specifically mention the type 5s which is why I asked.

<edit> Thanks for that vid. I think you are correct with regard to a lack of definitive data or parses for "proof" which is probably where these discussions come from in the first place.

I am always interested to know what other people are doing and open to try something new.

Also, for raiding tanks, it is interesting to note that the top two raiding warriors seem to both go with HAGI

tanks.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 36370
For a tank, the "of security" variety is what most of your augs "should" be. The lizard scale follows the "of security" template vs "of adroitness." However, that adroitness aug is a higher tier than the lizard scale. I personally try to go for current era augs over past expansions, or lower tiers. So, I'm going to assume that these your worst augs and due for replacement and say that I'd go with the adroitness because it's higher a tier of the same expansion than the lizard scale.

<edit> Thanks for that vid. I think you are correct with regard to a lack of definitive data or parses for "proof" which is probably where these discussions come from in the first place.

I am always interested to know what other people are doing and open to try something new.

Also, for raiding tanks, it is interesting to note that the top two raiding warriors seem to both go with HAGI

View attachment 36379
That is because you filtered by ac which is artificially inflating their AC. Majority of raid warriors are going hdex or hsta. On raids heroic strike through is high and thus you don’t get the defensive benefits as much, you do get dps benefits. Those going hsta are stacking for shielding/larger hp pools. Personal flavor choice but I go with hdex builds on all my tanks and yes they raid as the difference in survivability between isn’t massive but I do push out more dps. More dps across the less combat rounds I take while tanking, the less chance of bad round taking me out

For group game I’d agree with Sic and definitely stack heroic dex. If your high end raiding then most tanks go with heroic sta (not just warrior). The additional shielding makes a huge difference. That’s not to say I don’t like like dex but it’s a secondary focus for me after sta.

View attachment 36379
They are the top 2 for AC/HP on magelo but Township Rebellion is by no means the top of the food chain for raiding guilds. Gochan has been around a very long time though so who knows.

They are the top 2 for AC/HP on magelo but Township Rebellion is by no means the top of the food chain for raiding guilds. Gochan has been around a very long time though so who knows.

@Eltai86 made a good point, I did sort them by AC first so it might be skewed. Maybe it would be more accurate to sort by HP?

What are the top raiding guilds these days anyway? I haven't raided in well over 10 years at this point. lol

I tried the Hagi route on a war. Even in group content, the results were less then ok... For SK's, i have 2 in dex, 1 in sta, and i moved my war to sta, all 4 do group and end game raids np.

Also this is a old discussion.. you can go look up a recipe for making a pork roast, and halfway through see 7 post on the thread about how HSTA is better then HDEX, because of X.. YMMV, with the DEX and STA, my 2cp is dont do AGI >.> wis or int be about as useful..

I think that they honest answer is that as long as you have current gear, be it raid gear or the best available group gear, and augs from either the current expansion or last years expansion, that there really is no *wrong* choice. As long as you keep upgrading your stuff to stay current, it's impossible to cripple a character.

Discussion - Thoughts on Tank Stat weight in 2021/2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back